SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : so what is coming next?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
yuehan

Re:

BTW I felt that the case against same-sex marriage was weakened, because the Christian community has not been emphatic enough in addressing -

(i) What is the root cause of LGBT desires?

(ii) If LGBT desires are an aberration, how do you overcome them?

(iii) The difference between lust and love

You might also have been aware that in America and other countries, same-sex marriage has been preceded by recognition of the concept of "sexual orientation" (as distinct from gender). If that concept exists, then it naturally follows that people of whatever orientation should be protected - but that concept is a lie, and has no basis in Scripture.

Anyway, let us exhort and love one another as we see The Day approaching.

2015/6/28 20:27Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi yuehan,

I do visit SermonIndex often even I don't log on or participate in discussions nearly as often as I used to. I am trying to learn and practice the concept of "redeeming the time" -- which is very relevant today as the days are undoubtedly evil.

As for my opinions: I wouldn't quite characterize them as "political" opinions but spiritual and, by default, moral opinions that affect the way that I view politics in a nation with laws and a government of consent. Like all believers, I view the world through the lens of Scripture. This world is not my home but just the temporary abode in this journey and pilgrimage of life.

This weekend, I have been thinking quite a bit about John the Baptist. He was arrested for something that seemed insignificant -- stating that it was unlawful for Herod to have his brother's wife. It ultimately ended with John's beheading.

This is the dilemma that believers are facing. While we aren't facing execution or beheadings (well, not in America), we are faced with the dilemma of whether or not to speak the truth (in love) or pacify this world that is racing toward judgment.

I live in Northern California (in the San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley). The local news websites contained videos of rallies where one man stated that San Francisco's morals are now America's morals. Ironically, I had argued in 2008 that America's morals would now begin to look like San Francisco's because of an Administration that wanted it to happen working alongside a media that has the same goals.

We have to be able to stand for Christ in these last days even if the world is collectively opposed to us. After all, it isn't us that they oppose. It is Christ Jesus.

2015/6/29 2:50Profile

Re:

Great days for the Church are ahead. As the world gets darker our "lights" will shine brighter.

Religious institutions (hospitals, private schools and churches) will be tested very strongly now or lose their tax exemption. Homeschooling may be outlawed in the future in order to herd all the children into public school to be taught the new, enlightened aspects of "marriage." Still, too early to tell, but we are now a neo-pagan society and Christians are in exile. But, if you think about it, we always have been "Pilgrims passing through".

The 1st amendment to the Constitution says, "no law impeding religious freedom", shall be made. You may as well forget the Constitution as it has no bearing and is ignored by today's politicians (both parties).

Turn your heart and eyes to the Word of God (our "Constitution") and be faithful.

2015/6/29 9:45
yuehan

Re:

Amen, Julius21!

ccchhhrrriiisss: I've valued your posts on this forum over the years, especially the non-political ones ;) I enjoy your genuine sharing out of your personal experience, they make for more interesting and persuasive reading.

I don't think we differ too radically in terms of political views either, so we would likely have an easy chat at the bar. Perhaps there might be occasion for that, if I happen to be in the Bay Area someday.

2015/6/30 0:52Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: so what is coming next?

I have pondered the same question. Then someone posted on FB an excerpt from a sermon preached by Adrian Rogers concerning delusions. His text came from 2Thessalonians 2:10-12:

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Lying will become the norm, not the exception.

On the practical level I do not expect common sense to rule politicans' decisions - even if a political candidate promises he will operate thus. It seems to me there is an underground gov that calls the shots and the elected politicans are mere figure heads for this gov working to delude people of their existance.

To appeal to logic based on truth will no longer fly. Try that on one given to homosexuality whose roots are in the church. Their mindset is beyond weird. According to 2Thess. 2 it is not uncommon or new. And that, brothers and sisters, is what will are faced with and will become the norm.

Wish I would be wrong.

Sandra

2015/7/6 19:58Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
rainydaygirl wrote:
this question was put to me yesterday after the supreme court gave their ruling and I have been praying and considering since. What do you think is coming next now that the supreme court has ruled in favor of same sex marriage?

On a personal scale, nothing will change for me. The Lord gave me a jail ministry and I will keep on ministering in love to those women and also outside of the jail to the women and their families.
-quote-

Hey sister Lisa,

I haven't posted in a while but your post prompted me to reply!

I have appreciated you and your walk in the Lord over the years sister! It is good to see you still serving the Lord faithfully!

I want to challenge you with what you stated here in your post. Especially the part where you said "On a personal scale, nothing will change for me. The Lord gave me" that this sounds selfish. I mean it sounds like you don't care about what this will do to so many children who are helpless. It sounds like you don't care about the children who are waiting adoption.

Let me just give you one example of many other ministries out there besides your ministry.

Well, let's just suppose you had a friend that was in a ministry of helping children get adopted by some loving couple. Just suppose your friend was forced to adopt them out to homosexuals.

Now it sounds like from your post that it wouldn't bother you at all because you have your ministry. I mean their are so many problems that this is going to cause for so many people but for you personally it's not even going to bother you.

On another note sister, I pray that your ministry will grow and that you will reach a lot of souls for the Lord. I pray that you will minister to a lot of hurting women and continually help them in their walk with the Lord!

Blessings to you always!

2015/7/6 21:51Profile

Re:

I also believe that eventually all 501(c)3 religious organizations (by contracting with the government you become a ward of the state) will allow SSM.

Social pressure and government pressure will be put on religious institutions and some may give up their tax exempt status while others will welcome SSM.

Through mixture one loses the discernment of evil. In looking upon evil, one comes to accept evil; to experience evil, one loses the discernment of evil; and when discernment of evil is lost, evil has overcome.

This is what is happening today.

2015/7/6 23:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy