healings.

It is not hard to find flaws in any of God's
servants, but let us prove all things and
hold fast to that which is good.

2015/6/22 18:26Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

FTR I have no problem with anyone watching Kuhlman or listening to her. With everyone and everything we need to use wisdom and prayer. I am comfortable with my understanding of her. There is no shortage of debate about her. I am not at odds with anyone who would trust her teaching without knowing more specifics of what she may have said. I listened and read enough years and years ago to avoid her. She is not on my radar.

2015/6/22 18:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There is no shortage of debate about her. I am not at odds with anyone who would trust her teaching without knowing more specifics of what she may have said. I listened and read enough years and years ago to avoid her.

I think there is wisdom here that if someone has researched and finds it a well that might not be the best source of living water then it should be avoided.

If one though is encouraged by her sharing, I do not want to hinder those from benefiting. Again I would put Kuhlman much higher above Benny Hinn and others like that in our day. That is why Ravenhill, Wilkerson and others at least had some comfort to even minister on the same platform at rare times.

Personally many if not most of the speakers on SermonIndex need to be accepted with the same caution, no one is perfect, and there is an imbalance in many teachings, we need to take the good or at least find what we need spiritually to be encouraged along in our journey with the Lord.

2015/6/22 20:08Profile

Re:

Lysa,

I used to listen to her radio program without even knowing her or watching anything about her, and I was very edified by her rightfully dividing the word. I mean, it was really good. I think I will download and listen to her, too. Glad that SI has some material.

2015/6/23 0:02
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Using Leonard Ravenhill or David Wilkerson to endorse a ministry is not valid.

I respect both of these mens' ministries and they were by far better men than me. However Ravenhill in particular did have blind spots in seeing (lack of discernment) false teachers and movements. In particular he endorsed in the early days people such as Paul Cain and the Kansas city Prophets at a time that others could see their error. I think he was so desperate to see a move of God in his lifetime that he was too quick to endorse such things.

Jesus told us that by their fruit we would know if they were genuine. This is the only test, not anything or anyone else.

2015/6/23 5:58Profile
Sree

Re:

If we read about Moses in Numbers 20 from verse 10:-

Moses and Aaron gathered the assembly before the rock. And he said to them, "Listen now, you rebels; shall we bring forth water for you out of this rock?" 11Then Moses lifted up his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod; and water came forth abundantly, and the congregation and their beasts drank. 12But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you have not believed Me, to treat Me as holy in the sight of the sons of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them."…

Anyone who witnessed how God has blessed the Congregation and their beasts through Moses will be thinking that God should be mightily pleased with Moses. Yes Moses blessed the congregation by bringing water to them. But we read further that God was not pleased with Moses. He also removed the call that he had for Moses which is to bring the people of Israel to the promise land.

Same way a preacher might bless us through their messages, but personally they themselves might not live a God pleasing life. Once God exposes their sins, we might look at them and doubt their anointing but that does not invalidate how much their ministry has blessed the people.

Personally I do not read the messages of all, I follow only those, whose life I know and have witnessed to be a God fearing life. Personally I will not read anyone who is acting in a way contrary to Jesus. For example Jesus healed people in secret and asked them not to tell anyone. But all the healing preachers do the opposite. They do their healing on stage, which is unChristlike.

2015/6/23 5:59Profile
brothagary

Re:

I felt I was watching an actor with her stile of dramatised preaching and coriography ,,, I would aprèsate a recommended message from her but so far ,I feel very dry when I watch her

2015/6/23 8:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy