SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Monks, Students Refuse to Flee 4th-Century Monastery Near ISIS-Controlled Mosul

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christian Monks, Students Refuse to Flee 4th-Century Monastery Near ISIS-Controlled Mosul

Three monks and six students have taken refuge in the ancient monastery of Mar Mattai in northern Iraq, just 12 miles from the Islamic State-occupied Mosul City, not willing to flee, and expressing "their faith that this is a secure place."

Erbil's Chaldean Archbishop Bashar Warda said a small unit of the Kurdish military is protecting the nine Christians but that's not why they believe they are safe in the shrine, also known as St. Matthew's Monastery.

Sahar Karaikos, one of six students at the monastery, believes in the wisdom of his teachers. "We are not scared, because our teachers give us a feeling of peace here, but we know we are on the front lines, and in seconds the Islamic State could be here," he was quoted as saying. "I don't even want to think or speak about the destruction the Islamic State would cause if they took our monastery."

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-monks-students-refuse-to-flee-4th-century-monastery-near-isis-controlled-mosul-god-protects-us-140352/

2015/6/13 11:02Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Christian Monks, Students Refuse to Flee 4th-Century Monastery Near ISIS-Controll

I can't agree with the statement that these monks are christians?

I don't see catholicism as preaching the gospel - it preaches another gospel...

2015/6/13 18:15Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

most of the christians are orthodox and some catholics and very few evangelicals in Syria and Iraq. The coptic christians who were martyred by Isis were orthodox believers.

2015/6/13 18:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy