SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Tony Campolo Comes Out of Closet in Support of ‘Full Acceptance’ of Homosexuality in Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

I don't know who this guy Brian Broederson is but he is absolutely wrong. As I was reading this article, I was very sure he is going to quote 1Cor5 and Jesus as friend of sinners. He did not disappoint me by misquoting those two verses.

What Paul said by association in 1 Cor 5 is to associate in unavoidable circumstances. For example in my secular job, I am asked to work with Homosexuals, I cannot say NO to them, if so then I will be fired. So I have to associate with such people and show them the love of Christ.

Now Homosexual wedding is a clear act of sin. Bible clearly commands us to not even discuss the sinful acts committed by ungodly people of this world. How much is attending such a ceremony be? How about attending a guy who is inviting you to his acts of adultery with a prostitute? Is it fine?

Many here (including I in the past) was of the view that Homosexual wedding is just another act like a homosexual life style which is also sinful. But Homosexual marriage is totally different from Homosexual life style. We as Christians should oppose this. Why? Because it degrades the value of marriage. For example if someone prints fake dollar bills then will it not degrade the value of real Dollar bills? Won't all your savings become worthless if people are given permission to print dollar bills as the wish? Same way a Homosexual union will degrade the value of real marriage union. Just like we quickly realize the effect of printing fake dollar bills, we need to realize this one as well. Can we approve and associate with those who print fake money? We will certainly not. How can we then associate with those who have fake marriage?

Jesus friend of sinners, is one of the most misunderstood phrase in Bible. Jesus clearly said sinners to 'Go sin no more' (John 8) and 'Do not sin or something worse will happen' (John 5); he said this to sinners who were still worldly. I am sure though he accepted sinners to come to him, he would have warned them of their sinful life. If we are able to warn Homosexuals of their sinful life then we can also be friends with them.

2015/6/12 1:50Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hi Sree, I agree with what you have written. Just be careful that you don't give the impression that a homosexual lifestyle is more acceptable than a homosexual 'marriage'. They are both equally an abomination in God's description.

How anyone who claims to be a Christian leader could say the things Brian Broederson says is beyond me! However now that Chuck Smith has gone on to glory, Brian is one of those who is taking Calvary Chapel down into the depths of apostasy. He is Chuck's son-in law and has taken over the leadership, although there is some evidence that there was a lot of disagreement between him and Chuck in Chuck's final years.

It's getting to the point where those who want to remain in integrity with God cannot even belong to such churches that were once considered sound biblical models. Perilous days are ahead for the bride of Christ!

2015/6/12 3:36Profile

Re:

I don't question that Homosexuality is a serious sin .
In my last post I was simply trying to see the wider picture here.
According to that report Tony Campolo is not even sure that Jesus is the only way to the Father ( John 14v6) and he questions if "all Scripture is inspired ".
"Has God really said..." We all know where that started and the consequences it had.

But despite of his believes - or lack of it - he is still a leader of a well known major denomination. We have a whole denomination that doesn't seem too concerned and is not doing anything about it. This will have further consequences and we will see more disasters.

I believe increased Homosexuality is the result of a backsliding , compromising , divided church. It is called cause and effect.
We can stand up against it and expose it etc. But we can achieve nothing without the power of God. And God does not bless a compromising divided church. I'm even starting to believe that "the writing has been on the wall" again for quite some time.

Here is what Daniel said:
9 v 3 Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. 4 And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, “O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments, 5 we have sinned and committed iniquity, we have done wickedly and rebelled, even by departing from Your precepts and Your judgments.

v13 “As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us; yet we have not made our prayer before the Lord our God, that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth. 14 Therefore the Lord has kept the disaster in mind, and brought it upon us; for the Lord our God is righteous in all the works which He does, though we have not obeyed His voice. 15 And now, O Lord our God, who brought Your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and made Yourself a name, as it is this day—we have sinned, we have done wickedly!

May the Lord have mercy on us

Markus

2015/6/12 4:49
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Marcus wrote:
"I believe increased Homosexuality is the result of a backsliding , compromising , divided church. It is called cause and effect.
We can stand up against it and expose it etc. But we can achieve nothing without the power of God. And God does not bless a compromising divided church. I'm even starting to believe that "the writing has been on the wall" again for quite some time. "

Amen brother, that is absolutely true.

Edit: Although I would clarify that and say 'acceptance of homosexuality in the church is a result of a backslidden church'. Homosexuality 'per say' in the world is a result of a progressive increase in refusing to acknowledge the creator in any way (as per Romans 1&2).

2015/6/12 5:17Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I think it is part of God' judgement on a backslidden church.

When I was wrestling with this subject this was the conclusion that I came to as well...

Thank God there is also a remnant chosen by grace.

2015/6/12 22:27Profile
proudpapa

Re: Tony Campolo Comes Out of Closet in Support of ‘Full Acceptance’ of Homosexua

RE: /// Campolo serves as one of the leaders at Mount Carmel Baptist Church in West Philadelphia, which is part of the National Baptist Convention USA and American Baptist Churches USA.///

It is very important to point out that : "National Baptist Convention USA" is a completely different denomination than that of the more conservative : Southern Baptist Convention.
and also "American Baptist Churches USA" has absolutly no affiliation with that of American Baptist Assossiation.

The denomination that Campolo is part of has been a very libral group for well over 100 years you may recall John Rockefellers preacher Harry Emerson Fosdick was American Baptist. Fosdick did not even believe in the Virgin birth of Jesus.
There is nothing supprising about Campolo views.

2015/6/12 23:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy