SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God's Standard

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

God's Standard

What do you think happens when Michael, the Archangel, is asked by God to perform a certain task? How do you think God’s angel responds to God Most High? Immediate obedience, bowed knee, submissive posture with respect and proper attitude. Could you picture anything less? So... what do YOU expect when you ask a child, whether ages 1, 5, or 15 to do a certain task? Do you expect and carry through to have “on earth as it is done in heaven” in your specific home? (Matt. 6:10). Is that YOUR standard?? Do you tolerate or excuse whining, complaining, procrastination, emotions—REBELLION—from your child? If God doesn’t, neither should we. HOWEVER, it has become obvious in our midst that we have allowed a lower standard to creep in with a toehold. The ONLY gauge is: on earth as in heaven. GOD’S STANDARD must be kept consistently high across the board. Every area, every home, every attitude, every action of every child and every adult. Period. No less. This is God’s work for your life. Reverence and Obedience to God’s Word, thoroughly. Love Him and Follow through, Okay?? On Earth as it is done in Heaven!!!

(wondering if i can honestly say that His will is my constant standard for my life every day. Something i want to be praying about.)

2015/6/7 19:06Profile

Re: God's Standard

Quote:
RDG said: Immediate obedience, bowed knee, submissive posture with respect and proper attitude.

The way you write this sounds a lot like force to me. Sounds a lot like the Gentiles and Roman rule. No excuses, shape up or ship out.

1 Cor. 13 is how God communicates all of His decrees to us. Out of love, patience, kindness, gentleness, long-suffering etc.

I think God's heart is similar to the way Paul writes about 'that I might win one (soul)'. Namely, that Paul's commitment and desire for others to be saved was so giving that he'd go to hell in exchange for him. Paul tried to lower the bar of resistance by living an incarnation life; to a Jew, he was a Jew; to a Roman, he was a Roman.

In my study of discipline/training children, I've learned God tries to reason with us His way. He doesn't have to. God isn't forced to do this. Instead, like a patience and confident Father, He relays the Truth to us. Slowly but surely we learn these lessons, or we don't, and we miss out on His Kingdom. Look at the book of Job. Job doesn't fit what I quoted you saying. Job was questioning. Job was challenging. But Job did it from a good heart. The friends of Job were declaring 'who are you to question the Almighty' and 'you obviously have sin, look at your situation'. Instead, this created tension of discussion between God and Job. I believe this created a stronger relationship with the Lord.

2015/6/7 19:52
rainydaygirl

Re:

i did not write the first part. i was sharing what i read someone else wrote. i was however convicted by it and am putting it to more prayer.

of course when we come to God He gives all we need so we can walk in obedience and submission to Him and His standard.

my thoughts on this are how does my life an attitude reflect living to His standard? in those areas where it doesn't I want to be in prayer and seeking Him until they do.

2015/6/7 20:41Profile
brothagary

I smell legalism in that post sister ,to start with the bible says that babes in Christ don't yet know good from evil As a fully matured Saint ,babes develop a concence but a matured Saint has a developed and is expected to be a expression of the higher standard ,the bible talks about Paul saying he was labor eons with the imager till Christ be fully formed,and that he could not speak to some asspiritual even those they should have matured in the time the time they had ,Paul showed love and paience de and continued to labour

2015/6/7 21:54Profile
rainydaygirl

the more i consider these things the more deeply i feel the Lord showing me just how vital it is for me to live unto Him in all things. to live in obedience and submission to Him with out compromising. God does give us His standard. i was reading in 1 Peter 1:15-17
15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

this is so encouraging because we don't have to guess or imagine what His desire is for us, He tells us clearly in His Word.

2015/6/7 23:16Profile
brothagary

Re:

You know most people think holy means righteousness or sin less but the meaning comes down to the idea or set apart or sacred for the service of God ,alluding more to the idea taken on of the normal and the profain world to be cut of and move a side to be seperate not comforing one self to the natural and world , it defiantly should be very noticeable to the world and to the saints ,but to imply that holy means sinless or even to say that in means a matured Saint in a state of perfection which would be goal for us all and some who would be considered as that ,is to redefine the word and ignore many scriptures , Paul said to the immature believers and Corinth that you are the temple of God is holy which temple you are ....

2015/6/8 0:22Profile

Re:

RDG, what do you mean you didn't write the first part? I'm a little lost about that, since it's one big paragraph, it's difficult to separate any 'parts'.

Second, to me it sounds like pressure and guilt. Like a perfectionism that...as Gary is saying legalistic. Is this not pressure/guilt/performance driven? If it's not, can you please explain what it is?

Your responses perplex me. I look forward to some clarity.

2015/6/8 0:28
brothagary

Re:

17If any man defiles the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.1 cor

2015/6/8 0:31Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Miss LMH,

The whole first paragraph is someone else's. The last sentence in parentheses is hers.

2015/6/8 3:21Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Yes Lysa got it:) it was written by another and i find it to be really encouraging the more i read it.

i understand for some they see it differently and that is ok but for me i found it very convicting at first. after spending time in prayer i have felt great encouragement in the Lord to walk with Him. its not about having to be perfect its about looking to Him and not compromising His standard. for me in this world of lukewarmness in many of the churches i find it very encouraging that some are willing to stand up and speak to living in obedience and submission to the Lord.

its not forced or legalized for me because God has given me such a desire to really follow Him and live my life with Him as the head. I want to pray daily and weed out those things that are not of Him, I want to pray daily and live with a soft heart hearing His voice say "on earth as it is in Heaven" its about seeing that God does have a standard and He gives me everything I need to live a life that is set apart and holy.

2015/6/8 9:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy