SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Feeling disappointed in God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Feeling disappointed in God

I've been trying not to say this, but i've been struggling with a feeling of disappointment in God. I pray and fast for soul to be saved but see no result, i feel terribly disappointed in my christian service, i'm angry at my lack of spiritual power, and God seem unconcern. I'm just discourage at so many things, particularly with my christian service.

2015/6/4 9:10
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Feeling disappointed in God

Don't put it on your shoulders. Read here about Frank Jenner who "saw no results".

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Jenner#Evangelism

2015/6/4 9:41Profile
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

I can definitely relate. I posted a thread just a little while back about my frustrations with The Lord. Can I first say that it is ok how you are feeling. Just get honest with God and tell Him your concerns and frustrations. A lot of the psalms are David pouring out his frustrations and concerns to the Lord. Second, check the motivations and intentions of your heart. I just recently spent some time in prayer and talked to the Lord about this and it was sobering. Remember that in everything you do do it for the glory of God. I would recommend the sermon "ten shekels and a shirt". Paris Reidhead talks a little about when he was in Africa and became really frustrated with God because the people weren't responding to the Gospel. They were happy in their sin. The Lord reminded him that he didn't send him to Africa for those people. God sent him to Africa for himself. God is all about the glorification of Christ. So in your service make sure you are serving to bring glory to Christ. That should be our primary motivation. It is all about Jesus! Also remember He is the one who saves. The results are up to Him. That takes a lot of pressure off of you trying to do something you can't do. Hope you find this encouraging. You are in my prayers!

2015/6/4 9:44Profile
Theophila

Dear brother,
May the peace of the Lord remain with you.

I believe the Lord's great love for you is being manifest in His seeming silence in this season.

In the meantime, I would go before the Lord and ask Him to show me the state of my heart as He sees it.
Perhaps there is a work the Lord desires to do in you that must be done if your service to Him is to be of eternal value.

He is not unconcerned at your lack of spiritual power. Far from it. Perhaps He is more concerned with the development of the fruit of the Spirit i.e. Christ-likeness in your character.

Ask Him to show you whether your heart is right with Him. Be ready for His answer, because I have found, by experience, I do not love the Lord as much as I like to think I do. Wait patiently for Him to speak. The Lord is faithful. If you truly humble yourself before Him, He will come to you.

You will need to determine also whether what you want is Jesus Christ Himself or just His power. Remember, He called the apostles, first to be WITH Him, secondly that He may work through them.

You are greatly loved...

2015/6/4 11:45Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I was in a courtroom when I posted esrlier.

Iyke, my heart goes out to you, too. The "Others Can, You Cannot" essay has done my heart a great good along these lines,

See the OP in https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=32307&forum=34

So has Andrew Murray's little prayerful reminder, posted below.

"In Times of Trouble, God's Trusting Child May Say

"FIRST: He brought me here; it is by His will I am in this strait place: in that will I rest.

"NEXT: He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child.

"THEN: He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow.

"LAST: In His good time He can bring me out again – how and when He knows.

"Say: I am here –

1. By God’s appointment.

2. In His keeping.

3. Under His training.

4. For His time.

"And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me" (Psa. 50:15).

2015/6/4 12:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I just read this today by Oswald Chambers:

"What line of thinking do my thoughts take? Do I turn to what God says or to my own fears? Am I simply repeating what God says, or am I learning to truly hear Him and then to respond after I have heard what He says? “For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’ So we may boldly say: ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?’ ” (Hebrews 13:5-6).

“I will never leave you…”— not for any reason; not my sin, selfishness, stubbornness, nor waywardness. Have I really let God say to me that He will never leave me? If I have not truly heard this assurance of God, then let me listen again.

“I will never…forsake you.” Sometimes it is not the difficulty of life but the drudgery of it that makes me think God will forsake me. When there is no major difficulty to overcome, no vision from God, nothing wonderful or beautiful— just the everyday activities of life— do I hear God’s assurance even in these?

We have the idea that God is going to do some exceptional thing— that He is preparing and equipping us for some extraordinary work in the future. But as we grow in His grace we find that God is glorifying Himself here and now, at this very moment. If we have God’s assurance behind us, the most amazing strength becomes ours, and we learn to sing, glorifying Him even in the ordinary days and ways of life.

2015/6/4 12:40Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Looks to me like you are focusing too much on yourself and the power you think you should have.

I suggest you focus on Jesus, study his WORD as though your life depended on it - and it does, by the way. Talk to him like you would to a friend and share with him your doubts, your frustrations. Then see what happens.

It works.

Sandra

2015/6/6 22:49Profile

Thanks so much. No man wins an arguement with God. I guess i've been ungrateful to even complain, as i count God's mercies to me, i only asked for mercy, He has blessed me more than i deserved. Pray for me, it's been a trying time indeed, i'm about rounding up my national youth service, and my tenure in d fellowship i'm in,. The last time i led a campus fellowship i didn't finish well. Now also i have a lot of discouragement, i recently suspended 2 of my Exco member for rebellion, this is not a good way to finish. In all i'm grateful God even gave me a place in his service,

2015/6/7 9:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy