SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you quoting Scripture or Living Scripture?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Are you quoting Scripture or Living Scripture?

Are you quoting Scripture or Living Scripture? This is a powerful statement for many of us that use a lot of Scriptures in our threads or posts. I feel we all at times we will use Scripture to justify our reasoning of different issues, and that's ok, but are we just using that Scripture for our justification, or, are we living that Scripture? I personally feel this could be a wake up call for some of us, that just tosses in a scripture here and there to justify our reasoning. Using Scripture for our reasoning is good, but living that Scripture is better. By the way, I am Preaching to myself here. :)

2015/5/30 11:39Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: Are you quoting Scripture or Living Scripture?

2 Corinthians 10v4-5

I know that it's quite often quoted about taking our thoughts captive to bring them into the obedience of Christ...
I sometimes think we don't see it through to the end where we have real victory though. So it can be seen not to work because the testimony of many is so uncomplete.

The present day church has also turned the scripture around to mean "take those thoughts captive of thinking negatively about yourself or pulling yourself down"
So it has become a verse all about self instead of casting off our old self.

2015/5/30 13:47Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Great response!

2015/5/30 22:03Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

This is a good word word, brother!

God bless,
Lisa

2015/5/31 10:50Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Yes and well stated brother David!
Thank you Mr Bill for this timely admonition, may we all who name His name get off the bench (talking) and get in the game (living). I too have recently failed His grace and have been sidelined/distracted by the cares of this world and became a liability.
But praise be unto God as He is faithful to restore when we repent!
Let us lay aside everything that would keep us from living for His glory, seeking His kingdom, serving Him in all that we do.
Brother Ravenhill once said, while speaking to a group of young people, "you'd do well to ask at the end of everyday, Lord Jesus were you comfortable living inside of me today?"

2015/6/1 12:00Profile

Re:

"Are you quoting Scripture or Living Scripture ?"
I would put it this way: do you know Scripture and obey Scripture ?
Adam and Eve knew what God said but they didn't obey.

And according to Paul's custom, he went to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and giving evidence that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead - Acts 17:1-3

It is not one or the other. We can't live Scripture if we don't know Scripture.

2015/6/1 17:13
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Psalm 32v8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.

2015/6/2 16:28Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

We have also the grace of God set in motion for us who believe, so that we dont always need men to teach us...
where we see that Paul (Saul) wasn't taught by any man who the Christ really was. It was Gods revelation to him. And Paul said : Who are you Lord ? I am Jesus who you are persecuting. (Acts9 v 5)

And this verse 1 John 2 v 27.
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

The Lord taught me about taking thoughts captive before I knew it was in the Bible. Then He showed me the verse later on.
He showed me how to do it by telling me in a voice that my thought life was making me depressed and suicidal.

Then I was able to apply that same way of living to forgiving my best friend and others. As taking our thoughts captive also involves denying our flesh, and of repentance and drawing close to God if we see it through to completion.

2015/6/4 3:53Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Amen. Excellent post. Jesus said in Matthew 7 that not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of Heaven. But he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven.

In Matthew 4, Satan quoted Scripture to Jesus, but he is still yet the devil. We must not only be hearers( or quoters) but doers of the Word.

Thanks for posting.

2015/6/15 19:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy