SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Antagonism at work

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Antagonism at work

I have worked at a fish processing factory for almost a year now. Everyone there knows that I am a christian. Just recently I told someone that homosexuality is a sin. He disagreed with me, and said "no, people are born that way", but he seemed tolerant of what I said. I told him that it is a choice people make, that it's a sin against God, but that people can be delivered from it. I cited myself as an example. I told him I had been that way in the past, but God delivered me from it. Someone apparently overheard our conversation, went to management, and told them what I said. One of the managers said "I should be careful of what I say around people. Homosexuality is a protected human right." It seems to me everyone has rights nowadays but christians. The homosexuals are bullying christians into compromise. I told him I will not apologize for what I believe.

2015/5/29 22:46Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: Antagonism at work

I applaud you for your stand for Biblical truth. The church will need people willing to face up to opposition, for it is already beginning in small ways.

2015/5/30 15:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Antagonism at work

God bless you for taking a stand. Likely you will experience more opposition in time to come.

Sandra

2015/5/30 19:06Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

You are only the next one and a line of many to come. Stay strong. Hang in there. Be gentle and loving as you know to do.

Above all pray for wisdom and listen to the Lord's voice.

You don't have to win any argument with anybody. The whole argument of whether homosexuals are born that way or not is completely irrelevant. Pedophiles are probably born that way too but that doesn't mean anything in terms of right and wrong. I wouldn't walk into that trap. It's a moot point.

The issue is always Jesus. What are they going to do with Jesus? Obey him or continue to reject him?

2015/5/30 19:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

You don't have to win any argument with anybody.

I have learned that it is an exercise in futility in arguing a point that is well explained in the WORD. Most people know and they want to work to convince you that their rebellion is acceptable. Very few people are won over by a debate.

In my experience at CPC I learned people know their behavior is sin and most don't care. Conviction is the work of the Holy Spirit and all we can do is affirm it to folks and that is why our stance against sin evokes such hostility.

God bless...

Sandra

2015/6/12 20:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy