SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayers for travel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Prayers for travel

One of the brothers from our home group and I are going to NC for a golf school trip that he won as a prize last year and asked me to go with him. NEITHER of us golf. :). We will be at Pinehurst. I know, right? Bubbas playin' golf on the PGA course.

Anyway, we will fly out early Thursday and return late Sunday afternoon. Been looking forward to it for a few months now, but the work timing is not good. Never is a good time to take off a few days, though.

Pray for our group meeting while we are gone. Pray for safe travel for us and a fruitful time together.

2015/5/25 13:01Profile
Man0fG0d

Re: Prayers for travel

Prayers for the safety of you and the brother. Also praying for a door of utterance to be opened. GOD bless.

2015/5/25 21:12Profile
dolfan

Re:

God is showing me some things.

The brother and I are having a nice time together. We have had fruitful spiritual discussion throughout the first day of our golf outing.
Tomorrow we will be under intense golf instruction for about five hours with a group of about a dozen others. Then tomorrow afternoon we actually play another round

Can I share some things that God is speaking to me?

1. Be slow to speak and quick to listen. That thought has been on my mind so much.

2. Be gentle. It is winsome. It glorifies Jesus.

3. God is a love lavishing, power lavishing, wisdom lavishing God. In the most extreme circumstances this is so. We had a very nice and honestly expensive meal tonight. But it was free to us. It was part of the package that my friend had one. All of our meals are free for these three days. We sat in this very nice restaurant in the resort tonight. We looked at each other and asked if this would be a way of life either one of us would enjoy. We both laughed and said no. At that moment I realized that there was no real difference between the dark but opulent lifestyles of those we shared that room with and the dark but oppressed lives and much harder places. My thoughts went back to a conversation I had with a client about two years ago Who, when he realized he was going to have to spend a fair amount of additional time in prison, said to me, "God is moving in that prison camp." This guy had gone from being a complete miscreant and his sinfulness to repentance and salvation in Jesus. In prison.

God was lavish to him.

And we know and read and hear testimonies on this website all the time about how God is lavishly wonderful to his children who love him from the dark corners that, for the most part, we will never willingly see.

I am stressed and burdened by a whole truckload of things. But, God is always kind and speaks to me when I absolutely do not deserve to hear His voice. This world's ways and the order of things here are nothing but a distraction from his glory, in one form or through one tactic or another.

I appreciate your prayers for me when I asked for them the other day. I asked that you will continue to keep me and my brother in Christ in your prayers for this weekend.

2015/5/28 22:36Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

You forgot #4: get a full body turn, accelerate through the ball, and finish your follow through. At least that is what he tells Bubba, Rickie and Matt.

Blessings and enjoy the rest of your trip.

2015/5/29 8:34Profile
dolfan

Re:

Learned all that today. 😃

2015/5/29 16:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy