SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pope set to recognize Palestinian state

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Pope set to recognize Palestinian state

Soon and likely very soon the Vatican has announced it has plans to officially recognize a Palestinian state. It's not hard to find just Google it. Met with rejoicing by Palestinians who are glad because according to a Palestinian spokesman the Pope represents millions of Christians who back the Palestinians. Concern and disappointment in Israel. The conflict isn't going away in my opinion in spite of these types of agreements.

2015/5/14 22:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Pope set to recognize Palestinian state

http://www.christianpost.com/news/vatican-treaty-officially-recognizes-palestinian-state-israel-disappointed-but-this-is-nothing-new-139113/

Pope Francis touches the wall that divides Israel from the West Bank, on his way to celebrate a mass in Manger Square next to the Church of the Nativity in the West Bank city of Bethlehem May 25, 2014. Pope Francis made a surprise stop at the hulking wall Palestinians see as a symbol of Israeli oppression on Sunday, minutes after begging both sides to end a conflict that he said was no longer acceptable.

The Vatican officially recognized the Palestinian state in a new treaty Wednesday. Israel expressed "disappointment" and accused the Catholic Church of hurting peace prospects in the region.

"Yes, it's a recognition that the state exists," the Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, told reporters, according to The Associated Press.

The treaty concerns the Catholic Church's activities in that territory and both parties are expected to sign it soon.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry responded by saying it was "disappointed," explaining that it would not "promote the peace process" but instead distance the Palestinian leadership "from returning to direct and bilateral negotiations."

"Israel will study the agreement and will consider its steps accordingly," it added, according to The Jerusalem Post.

2015/5/14 23:05Profile

Re:

I've been praying for the peace in the middle east.

I know many will disagree with *this* way of peace but I think it's the best and only step towards true peace.

2015/5/15 12:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy