SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Identity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Identity

I wrote a blog in reference to a conversation I had with a co worker. I was astounded by what I said in it and I wondered if this was Holy Spirit inspired. So I chose to write it out and share it with anyone who is open to reading it.

See what you think.

---

Recently, I had a conversation with a co worker on our identities as human beings. It started because of a post I saw on Facebook which you can see below. What would your answer be to this question?

For many people this might be an easy question and that is to say the Gator over the Jehovah WItness. I find it to be a bit irrational thinking and yet what would cause a person to answer alligator over JW?

My co worker said he didn't like JW's and didn't understand why JW's did what they did. Why their identity is so wrapped up in that. I proceeded to explain to him that he has to understand what a Jehovah's Witness believes in order to understand why they do what they do. Until a person can prove a Jehovah's Witness wrong no one can say they are wrong until then.

Then I gave another example. When in school and in a science class we are taught about evolution as our source of existence. So in other words we developed from apes but before that we were just single celled organisms. Somehow we developed morals along the way? But how did that happen? It tends to leave us in a state of confusion and a loss for answers because science can't answer that at all so it leaves ourselves out there wondering. I don't think science has it right with evolution either since in experimentation science cannot see evolution in a lab just for starters.

On the other had if a person believes in God then it changes the outlook of a person. It gives answers as to our moral nature and who we are as people as well as the world around us whether positive or negative. It becomes an identity until it can be proven that God doesn't exist or until it can be proven that a person's belief in a specific God doesn't exist. Doesn't mater if others don't like it. Most often the evidence will be based on whether the teaching is true or false.

My co worker is a gamer. Something I have no interest in. I told him that for many gamers it becomes part of their identity. It has led some individuals to die because they play it so much that they die suddenly. Yet, is it a false identity? I can say I hate gaming and people who practice gaming are wrong but until I can prove it I will have a false opinion. In the same way it is with Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims, and even Christians. Prove their identity is wrong and a case can be established. Otherwise, it becomes a mere matter of opinion.

The fact is people don't want to be bothered with the belief in God. Oftentimes it is because They have their personal beliefs and want to keep it that way OR they don't want anything to do with belief in God. The bible says that we "...all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God"
Romans 3:23

That sin is the transgression of the Law 1 John 3:4

2015/5/13 11:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Identiy

Brother,

We put the article in your post and took out the link, we encourage saints as a main practice not to put links to their personal writings or blogs. This is protect against abuse and using the forums solely to promote ones blog etc. Thanks for understanding.

2015/5/13 11:48Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

That is fine. Probably better that way so a link doesn't have to be clicked.

John

2015/5/13 11:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy