SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : You Are Not a Prophet Until You Are Willing To Rebuke The King

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

You Are Not a Prophet Until You Are Willing To Rebuke The King

YOU ARE NOT A PROPHET UNTIL YOU ARE WILLING TO REBUKE THE KING by Mario Murrillo

It came to a head when I met with the leader of a famous revival organization. I assumed that this would be the last place I would find compromise. To my horror and surprise he warned me that my comments about Obama were opposite their culture. In other words, I had to shut up about Obama or I couldn’t preach there anymore.

My response was immediate and direct. “What if this is the same cheap grace, false honor excuse that the pastors of Germany used to remain silent while Hitler expanded his power? What if God is ordering His vessels to rebuke Obama? Do you want to be one of those men of God with blood on his hands because you remained silent when you should have rebuked the tyranny?” He said he agreed with me but I never heard from him again.

Turn on Christian television and it won’t be long before you see a false prophet today. He will tell his victims that they are about to be blessed and favored. Then he will make an utterly meaningless, high probability prediction. It always sounds sickeningly similar. “The Lord has shown me that you are about to be wealthy beyond your dreams. You do not realize how much Daddy loves you and wants to bless you.”

This kind of ministry, in this current crisis, is extreme denial bordering on insanity. Christian television should be calling the Christians to action against the war on our values!

Since the first misguided “Christian psychologist” discovered that Christians needed to feel valuable, we have been treated to an unending stream of toxic sludge that has left the army of God flabby, drowsy and AWOL during America’s greatest moral disaster.

At some churches, rolling on the floor, drooling while making animal noises is considered the “moving of the Spirit.” Then there is the other extreme: Pastors preach sermons that sound like a late night monologue, stringing together phrases straight out of fortune cookies, making sure that they end on time and leave the audience spiritually unscathed.

Both extremes carry the same lie: We have become too valuable for sacrifice. We are too blessed for the Cross. We are too entitled to join the rest of the Christian world in persecution and holiness.

God is sending the “Preachers of Los Angeles” and all the rest a solemn warning: START LIVING AND TELLING THE TRUTH OR THE ANOINTING AND BLESSING ON YOU WILL VANISH. . God is issuing a dire warning to the false prophets who infest the church: REPENT OR IT WILL COST YOU YOUR LIFE AND YOUR SOUL!
Barrack Obama has left us no choice. He never says anything good about Christians. He never says anything bad about Islam. He foments racial hatred, destroys marriage, and respect for the police (he has given more due process to the terrorists in Guantanamo than to our cops). He punishes Israel. He is working to wipe out the freedoms and hopes of the next generation.
He is a wounded animal bent on destroying everything we hold dear.

Moses rebuked Pharaoh. Samuel rebuked King Saul. Nathan rebuked David. Daniel rebuked Nebuchadnezzar. John the Baptist rebuked King Herod. Stop it! Don’t use the title prophet unless you are willing to rebuke Obama and his abomination. Speak truth to power or you are nothing but a prophetic poser.

There are signs of hope. A very successful pastor prepared to do a series based on the Wizard of OZ at his mega church. He spent thousands on props. He wanted to dazzle his congregation. Then one night he woke up from a deep sleep and realized that God had left him. He felt utterly devoid of God’s presence and peace In his life. He despaired of life itself.

In his desperation he cried out to God. God was grieved by his entire ministry. He had ceased telling the truth. He repented to the bone. The congregation joined him in tearing down the props as if they were idols. “We were once a harmless congregation,” he said. “Now the Holy Spirit is moving in our meetings with great power. We are becoming a mighty army!” ~~ Mario Murrillo

2015/5/9 8:36Profile

Re: You Are Not a Prophet Until You Are Willing To Rebuke The King

For one, I'd like to disagree with the entire premise of this article by giving a scripture. 1 Cor. 14:3 (nasb) "But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation".

A lot of those examples 'moses rebuked pharaoh' are OT therefore Old Covenant.

Also, I'm not sure if Murrillo is willing to 'rebuke all presidents'. If he is great, then he has integrity with his own belief system. Bush started a lot of issues too. I wonder does he criticize Bush too, as most of Christedom doesn't.

John the Baptist, even though (almost) all agree he was prophetic, failed to fully see the kingdom, as Christ preached it (Luke 7:23, Luke 7:28).

A related quote that I like is, Leo Tolstoy said, "Christianity in its true sense puts an end to the State."

2015/5/9 12:46
Jeremy221

I hope Mario is fully acquainted with the difference between the holy and profane. He sounds like one borrowing his word from another. This word reeks of armchair apostleship bears the words of the American spirit rather than the Holy Spirit. The repentance is to the Constitution and Bill of Rights, not to the Word.

2015/5/9 14:45Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: said, "Christianity in its true sense puts an end to the State."

Leo Tolstoy understanding of Christianity was not without problems, his interpretation of the mysteries behind it remains unacceptable to many Christians. For example - Tolstoy believed - Jesus’ divinity, Mary’s virginity, miracles and resurrections were either total nonsense or could be rationalized away.

For me Leo Tolstoy goes in the bin..

2015/5/9 20:56Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Dietrich Bonhoeffer was hanged by the Nazis. "What has become evident in [reexamining the role of the German Church during the Nazi era] is the depth of the chasm between the ideals the Church had always set for itself and the way it responded to the brutalization of the German government under Adolf Hitler. Dietrich Bonhoeffer was one of the few church leaders who stood in courageous opposition to the Fuehrer and his policies [U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum]."

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
(Bonhoffer)

Bonhoffer was only doing what the other Church leaders in Germany should have been doing, proclaiming the truth that Hitler was leading the nation in the wrong direction.

The statements that Mario Marillo made about Obama are all true. Yet many in the Church have remained silent.

I cannot find any fault in what he wrote in this article, and more pastors need to stop worrying about their tax exempt status and speak truth from the pulpits. We are not talking about political matters here, we are talking about issues that grieve the heart of God, and I would hope that it would grieve our hearts also.

2015/5/9 21:24Profile

Re:

Quote:
murrcolr said: For me Leo Tolstoy goes in the bin..

That's a bummer. Calvin hated jews, yet most don't throw out his doctrine. I'm not all for Tolstoy's teachings, I moreso enjoy his teachings that were seeds for the non-violent revolutions. My philosophy is you won't agree 100% with anyone. Everyone is flawed, everyone has their unique perspective but finding something God inspired in their lives is what I look for, I don't always find it but Tolstoy's non-violence is one of those, imo. (Basically, I don't like the idea of throwing the baby out with the bathwater).

Quote:
AbideInHim said: I cannot find any fault in what he wrote in this article

It saddens me you think that way. As his message does give a strong patriotic message and less so gospel message. Also, Mario Murillo isn't Dietrich Bonhoffer. Where is on point? What exactly is he 'calling out'? Has he ever called Obama on the phone? Wrote him? I call a lot of this into question.

2015/5/9 21:39
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.” (Bonhoffer)

Bonhoffer put his life where his mouth was, so to speak. He was secreted out of Germany by friends but then said he couldn’t stay in America while his brethren died. He snuck back to Germany and the rest is history.

Quote:
AbideinHim wrote:
The statements that Mario Marillo made about Obama are all true. Yet many in the Church have remained silent.

Brother, I have stayed quiet to a point b/c I have tried to react through spending time on my knees instead of ranting and raving on facebook, which I do in my flesh very easy. The only way we will get through this administration is not by becoming more Republican but more like Jesus.

Please know that I definitely agree with the things the Mario said but do I think it’s going to do any good to rebuke the king? Not with this king (imho), b/c I believe that God has put him Oval Office (lock, stock and barrel).

And Christians in America have STILL NOT turned to God...their hope in the voting booth and what “they” can do to oust him. So I don’t think God is through with horrible, ungodly, unrighteous presidents in America, it’s going to get worse until the Christians will be crying for deliverance like the Jews did in Egypt.

But that is just my two cents!! God bless you brother!! Keep up the good posts!
Lisa

2015/5/9 22:57Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Without regard for Tolstoy himself or his beliefs, Christianity in its true sense puts an end to the State.

The State will never be a repository of truth or redemption or even to approach either. It is destined, wherever it is found, to be destroyed. It is a rebellion against God that, like all rejection of Him, is utilized by Him in His righteousness to accomplish His ends of glorifying Himself at the hands of those rebels. Every knee will bow. Every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

That said, the voice of the prophet of Christ is one that is motivated by love and the hope of redemption of the rebellious tyrant prince and his governors. But it confronts nonetheless, not that policies may change to improve the world but that peaceable circumstances may prevail for the propagation of the Gospel throughout the world.

2015/5/9 23:03Profile
mkelly

Re:

I would like to second Lisa's comment.To many are spending way to much time in politics when we need more time in prayer.i can't move mountains but I serve a GOD who can. I believe E. M. Bounds said that and our prayers are the things we need to be focused on more than the other things

2015/5/10 2:39Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"And Christians in America have STILL NOT turned to God...their hope in the voting booth and what “they” can do to oust him. So I don’t think God is through with horrible, ungodly, unrighteous presidents in America, it’s going to get worse until the Christians will be crying for deliverance like the Jews did in Egypt."

"That said, the voice of the prophet of Christ is one that is motivated by love and the hope of redemption of the rebellious tyrant prince and his governors. But it confronts nonetheless, not that policies may change to improve the world but that peaceable circumstances may prevail for the propagation of the Gospel throughout the world."

I appreciate your comments and agree with both of these statements. God deals with me in many ways, and sometimes it is through those that disagree with me on sermon Index. I am thankful that "iron sharpens iron", and many times I have got out of balance, and this comes from working with intercessors that have a burden to pray for our governmental
leaders. Yet, I do not have any regrets, because over the past ten years, we have seen the tangible resutls of those that are on the wall in intercession. Louisiana has gone through a tremendous transition and is now the most pro life state in the nation, and is strong in defending traditional marriage.

I believe that Obama as our president for two terms now is a judgement of God in itself. The thing is that "judgement must begin first in the house of God." God's judgements will get progressively worse. God in His mercy gives us space to repent. He is longsuffering, but without true repentance and humility and seeking the Lord with all of our hearts, we will see increased judgments. There were true prophetic ministries generations ago that saw this nation being invaded by other countries. Some had dreams and visions of a Chinese army invading our land. Spiritually speaking, the Church in America has allowed the enemy to come in to our nation, and this could very well manifest itself in the natural.

2015/5/10 8:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy