SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Sermon Index Trivia Question for the "Old Timers"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

A Sermon Index Trivia Question for the "Old Timers"

I joined the Sermon Index forum when it was basically brand new (I joined in July of 2003 under a different account). However, at that time, the web address was different. Instead of using sermonindex.net to get to the website, you could get there through another web address.

So for zero dollars, who knows what the old address was?

If you know it, just say yes, but don't say what it was just yet.

(I am not sure, but the sermonindex.net address may have also been in place from the start. However, I always used the other address).

2015/5/7 3:31
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: A Sermon Index Trivia Question for the "Old Timers"

I am not an old timer but I think I found the answer.

2015/5/7 8:11Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I think Ive just used the one you're referring to and you can still use it to get here. Or maybe youre referring to another one?

2015/5/7 8:40Profile
dolfan

Re:

I tried the one I thought and it is defunct or whatever. So I am probably wrong.

2015/5/7 9:34Profile

Re:

David,

Maybe I am not remembering correctly. The one I remember is no longer active. But maybe I have it wrong. The one I remember is/was 16 letters long (20 if you count the .com) and had the word revival in the middle of it.

Is that similar to alternate one you were able to use?

2015/5/7 10:38

Re:

revivalhymn.com ?

ourheartsburnforyou.org ? (something like that)

was it during the compilations period? when saints would mix SI sermons with music and worship?

2015/5/7 11:20
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Great question!

I believe the website the brother is referring to is: http://therevivalweneed.com

That was the first site where we had Ravenhill's videos and audio files on before we got the SermonIndex.net domain.

That was in 2012 October or just before when the Revival We Need website was there.

2015/5/7 11:41Profile

Re:

Yes, that is the one I was thinking of. After I posted the question, I started to doubt my memory. Nice to know my memory is still functioning.

I am not sure at what point you switched to sermonindex as your main address, however, the therevivalweneed address worked for quite a while as a redirect and that is what I usually used.

So, any old timers around who remember getting here through that address?

2015/5/7 11:59
dolfan

Re:

I tried to figure it out via the Internet Archive on its Wayback archive from 2003 and saw a banner ....which must have been an ad.... for heargoodnews dot org. That was my guess.

2015/5/7 13:03Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

No I could only think of semronindex .org it redirects you here. Oh, so it was 'The revival we need' ? Good title.

2015/5/7 14:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy