SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : James Dobson: Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling Could Be Next 'Roe v. Wade'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"The point of my post was not to suggest we just cave to what the court does- you took it that way so I am sorry about that."

TMK

Brother, that is not the way that I took it at all. I had took your question as being sincere and wanting an answer.

As far as it being inevitable that America will fall and be destroyed, I do not believe that to be the case.Whatever happens, we don't stop praying and believing God to turn things around. I have studied revivals of the past. I understand how bad the conditions were before some began to intercede and cry out to God, and revival did indeed come.
When Israel was being chastised and in bondage to other nations, they repented and cried out to God, and the Lord was merciful and restored them. It is no different with America. We stand on God's promises not on how bad things get in the nation.

2015/5/7 22:41Profile

Re:

I strongly disagree with ~90% of the Protestants on these kind of issues. But I've learned that my anger can't persuade these ingrained beliefs.

What beliefs? Dominionism. That we (Christians) should have laws on the books (in the nations we reside; namely America but any) to reflect our internal convictions (for life, not being a sodomite, not thinking about murder, etc.)

My belief? The only dominion that God reigns, in the New Covenant, is in our hearts.

Laws on the books shouldn't change how we worship, love, and serve. Laws for us (is there such thing?) and laws against us won't change who we are as the Body of Christ. We are sacrificial lovers/martyrs until the good Lord takes us home, anything less isn't the gospel.

Our prayers shouldn't change for the 'lost', for ourselves, for people groups, with laws for us or against us.

The way we serve shouldn't change.

Let's press into the good news of Jesus Christ by being lovers, not fighters against others.

2015/5/8 0:13
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi mike-

I don't think it is inevitable that the U.S. will fall either. I hope that is not the case.

I am just wondering if praying that the Supreme Court will make the right decision is what we should be praying for. I agree it is the easy thing to pray for but maybe not the right thing.

2015/5/8 7:30Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Gos steers the hearts of rulers like He does the courses of rivers. We should ask God to equip us, mind and all, with the truth of what He is doing regardless of the ruling by SCOTUS.

2015/5/8 8:24Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

if we simply have the courage to pray His will be done, then its pretty much a guarantee that everything will come out exactly as it should.

my prayer is GOD's will to be done here as it is in Heaven.
rdg

2015/5/8 9:20Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Hi Todd,

It is important to pray for all those in
authority as the Word exhorts us to do.

Our trust however is not in man's
government. Even good laws will not
change a single heart.

We need to obey the Great Commission.
We need the Spirit of God to convict of
sin, and for men and women to be born
again.

We need another great awakening that
will change the spiritual and moral
atmosphere that we are living in.

It is not more patriotism and Americanism
that we need, but it is praying that His
Kingdom would come and His will would
be done on earth as it is in heaven.

2015/5/8 10:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

RDG wrote: "if we simply have the courage to pray His will be done, then its pretty much a guarantee that everything will come out exactly as it should."

I am not sure exactly what this means, as it seems like a lazy way to pray(no offense intended!)

"Dear Lord, your will be done. Amen." Then no matter what happens we can just say God answered my prayer because what happens must be His will.

I am sure that is not what you meant, but when I hear people say this sort of thing it bothers me.

God wants us to come boldly with requests. We may not always know what His will is. Maybe He is waiting for us to ask BEFORE He decides. I know this may surprise some people but it is the only way to understand prayer without it becoming non-sensical. He tells us to ask like children

Half the time we pray so whimpily that God must just shake His head.

2015/5/8 12:09Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

We know that we are in a spiritual battle.
Our warfare is not against flesh and blood.
There are principalities and powers that
have been given the legal right to rule
over regions because of sin and iniquity.
The intercessor stands in the gap and
repents of sin. When the legal ground
over a region is removed through
identificational repentance then the
enemy can be given an eviction
notice.

2015/5/8 12:33Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

tmk

wow why would i ever be offended by you calling my prayer life lazy? ;) don't worry i am not offended at all. perhaps it does seem lazy to some but if you reread what i wrote, i said, "IF" we simply have the courage to pray His will be done.

In my life there have been times when praying GOD your will be done is very difficult for me. its not that i don't trust HIM its just that at times in my life it has been difficult to pray this way. my father died not long ago. he was very ill, for a long time i prayed very specifically that my dad would be saved. i prayed he would come to know Jesus but as his health got worse i began to see i had to let go and just trust GOD's will be done in his life even though I don't know what that was. I take comfort that no matter where my dad is now GOD is in control of the situation and i can trust HIS will has been done.

so yeah maybe it is a simple prayer and to some maybe it seems lazy. i do pray for our leaders, i pray for the lost to be saved, i pray for people to see their need for Jesus but then there are times when things happen in life when i just ask HIS will be done.

i guess for me i don't see it as whimpily praying when i ask HIS will be done, to me its stepping out in faith to pray HIS will be done no matter what the outcome. for me its admitting i don't know what the answer is LORD but you do. if the gay and lesbian agenda has its way, and this decision goes the way they hope things will get a lot more difficult for Christians.

rdg

2015/5/8 13:46Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Amen RDG!

The most powerful prayers that we can
pray is to pray scripture for this is the
Will of God. I wouldn't dare to call the
the Lord's Prayer as being wimpy.

2015/5/8 14:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net