SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : James Dobson: Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling Could Be Next 'Roe v. Wade'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 James Dobson: Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling Could Be Next 'Roe v. Wade'

Influential conservative Christian writer and radio personality Dr. James Dobson has declared that if the U.S. Supreme Court strikes down gay marriage laws, it will have created a new Roe v. Wade.

In the May newsletter for Family Talk, Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, wrote that if "marriage is to be reconfigured in the law, which court-watchers predict is almost certain, every dimension of the culture will be adversely affected."

"It will be one of the most momentous rulings in U.S. history, tantamount to the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. As we know, that terrible ruling 42 years ago divided the nation irreparably and has resulted in the deaths of 58 million babies," said Dobson.

"Whatever happened to Abraham Lincoln's pronouncement in the Gettysburg Address that ours is a government 'of the people, by the people, and for the people'? It is rapidly being replaced by a government 'of the courts, by the courts, and for the courts.'"

from: http://www.christianpost.com/news/james-dobson-supreme-court-gay-marriage-ruling-could-be-next-roe-v-wade-138673/

2015/5/6 16:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: James Dobson: Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling Could Be Next 'Roe v. Wade&#

Does anyone know the timeline on when a potential decision will be made in the supreme court?

Do you know of Christian ministries or groups that are praying about this during this time?

2015/5/6 16:09Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

www.nationaldayofprayer.org

There was prayer from 9 to 1 today on God
TV. Many prayer initiatives going on
throughout the nation. Good information
from Capitol Hill Prayer Partners can be
found. In Louisiana we had a prayer
conference call with Intercessors For
Louisiana a couple of weeks ago.

We need to continue to pray for the
Supreme Court until a decision is made.
It is my understanding that this decision
could come at any time or may not come
for months.

2015/5/7 17:07Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

It will come in June, probably near the end of the month. The term ends in June. It would be unusual for the court to not announce a decision prior to the end of the term; if they anticipated any difficulty in doing so -- and they will not have any difficulty because they already know very well what they think and the legal bases for their thoughts -- they would have scheduled the oral arguments for earlier in the term. I am not insisting it is a done deal either way, although IMO it is, but to say the decision will come at the normal time.

2015/5/7 18:52Profile
mama27

Re:

It seems for Dr. Dobson to say "almost certain" is discounting the possibility that God will hear the prayers of His people. It seems almost certain without God, but I know a good many individuals and groups who are praying. Let's continue until the decision comes down...

2015/5/7 20:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

So if every church in America prays and they still decide wrongly, then what?

2015/5/7 21:19Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"So if every church in America prays and they still decide wrongly, then what?"

We obey God rather than man, when those in authority command us to disobey the revealed will of God.

"The priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to Peter and John while they were speaking to the people. They were greatly disturbed because the apostles were teaching the people, proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead. They seized Peter and John and, because it was evening, they put them in jail until the next day. But many who heard the message believed; so the number of men who believed grew to about five thousand.

The next day the rulers, the elders and the teachers of the law met in Jerusalem. Annas the high priest was there, and so were Caiaphas, John, Alexander and others of the high priest’s family. They had Peter and John brought before them and began to question them: “By what power or what name did you do this?”

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame and are being asked how he was healed, then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.

Jesus is
“‘the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the cornerstone.’
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus. But since they could see the man who had been healed standing there with them, there was nothing they could say. So they ordered them to withdraw from the Sanhedrin and then conferred together. “What are we going to do with these men?” they asked. “Everyone living in Jerusalem knows they have performed a notable sign, and we cannot deny it. But to stop this thing from spreading any further among the people, we must warn them to speak no longer to anyone in this name.”

Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.”

After further threats they let them go. They could not decide how to punish them, because all the people were praising God for what had happened. For the man who was miraculously healed was over forty years old.

On their release, Peter and John went back to their own people and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them. When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them. You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David:

“‘Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth rise up
and the rulers band together
against the Lord
and against his anointed one.
Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen. Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”

After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly." (Acts 4:1-31).

2015/5/7 21:44Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
TMK.....So if every church in America prays and they still decide wrongly, then what?

Just guessing here, I would say if they decide for something like this to happen,and God allows it, it's just part of the end times. I've often wondered if something is destined to happen to be a part of the end times, will Prayer change it from happening? I doubt that billions of Prayers will stop anything that's destined for the end times, to not happen, guess maybe if God see's our hearts, the prayers could delay it, just don't know.

2015/5/7 21:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi mike-

The point of my post was not to suggest we just cave to what the court does- you took it that way so I am sorry about that.

It was more in line with what Bill wrote. It seems pretty clear given the way things have been going that God is allowing this to happen.

I am not suggesting we stop praying, but maybe we are praying for the wrong thing.

2015/5/7 22:08Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

My view. It will happen. God will allow it. It must be. It is a necessary component of the satanic deceit of who God is, necessary to damn those who will be made to believe a lie.

2015/5/7 22:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy