Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : GOD IS ON OUR SIDE! by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 GOD IS ON OUR SIDE! by David Wilkerson

The majestic Lord, who has all power and might, is on our side! This is what Jesus has been trying to show His children all along. He says, “If you can, comprehend the greatness of God and the fact that He is on your side!”

“When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me” (Psalm 56:9).

“The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The Lord taketh my part with them that help me” (Psalm 118:6-7).

The Holy Spirit has given us Psalm 124 as an antidote against fear and worry:

If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, now may Israel say; If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, when men rose up against us: then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us:

Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul: then the proud waters had gone over our soul. Blessed be the Lord, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

God wants us to be bad-news-proof! “He shall not be afraid of evil tidings [bad news]: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord. His heart is established, he shall not be afraid” (Psalm 112:7-8).

“When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid . . . thy sleep shall be sweet. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken” (Proverbs 3:24-26).

Trust God with all your heart. To have freedom from fear and worry is to rest confidently in the Lord of Hosts. Rest in the very One who created you!

2015/4/10 9:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy