leaving you an example
that you should follow in his footsteps

verse 24:
He himself bore our sins
in his body
on the tree
so that we might die to sin
and live for righteousness

Knowing all about being spiritual, understanding all theology, reading thousands of Christian books, listening to new songs every week, going to every seminar available, the counselling sessions; none of those things will make you a follower of Jesus. That will not make you like Jesus.

The thing that will make you like Christ is your willingness, my willingness, to embrace the cross, accept suffering and walk on the most rigid, narrow road and become doers of the word.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?commentView=itemComments&lid=22750

2015/3/30 5:08Profile
ArthurRosh

Re: Embracing the cross

The Disciple:
What is the meaning and purpose of the cross, and why do pain and suffering exist in the world?

The Master:
The cross is the key to heaven. At the moment when by My baptism I took the cross upon My shoulders for the sake of sinners, heaven was opened, and by means of My thirty-three years bearing of the cross and by death upon it, heaven, which by reason of sin was closed to believers, was for ever opened to them. Now as soon as believers take up their cross and follow Me they enter heaven through Me and begin the enjoyment of that unbounded bliss which the world cannot understand, for heaven is closed to unbelief.- Sundar Singh

"To follow Christ and bear His cross is so sweet and precious that, if I find no cross to bear in heaven, I shall plead before him to send me as a missionary, if need be to hell.”

http://biblehub.com/library/singh/at_the_masters_feet/section_i_the_disciple__5.htm

2015/3/30 5:37Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

... Otherwise we will remain like those people that day:

"Jesus, don't you know me? I went to church every Sunday, I prayed for the sick and they even got healed! I gave money. I did everything."

Jesus will say:
"I just don't know you."

You knew all the answers, you said the right words, you even did wonderful spiritual gymnastics, you worshiped. But it was all a product of the flesh.

2015/3/30 5:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy