Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Locking the Graham thread

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: lovemeekhope

Bro, Greg has made himself clear, please move on to other things. Plain and simple, this is Greg's website to run as he sees fit. There are other Christian discussion boards if you don't appreciate how he's running his.

God bless you in your endeavers,
Lisa

2015/3/22 15:37Profile

Re:

There is nothing wrong with asking questions.

Asserting 'because I said so' isn't really helpful nor Christ-like (Matt. 20:25-26). I don't think that's what Greg is doing.

I'm asking for context and information. That is all. And I've asked repeatedly for the context and perspective Greg is seeing.

Based on integrity of the guidelines, I don't see how the Graham thread has broken any guidelines. There are no examples of slander nor were there examples of how the healthy discussion of racism was unprofitable.

Court of law generally states 'innocent until proven guilty' and generally it means an undeniable amount of evidence to prove guilt. I think in this situation, there is very little to no evidence of the original Graham thread of breaking any guidelines.

If Greg believes that we broke certain guidelines, I'm asking for specific examples. That's all. I look forward to hearing his perspective, as I believe it's a misunderstanding.

2015/3/22 16:03
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Lovemeekhope,

In a past thread I seem to remember you mentioning in passing being a sister not a brother? If I'm wrong please accept my apologies for confusing you with someone else. I encourage you in the future to try emailing Greg first to discuss any concerns you have rather than directly challenging him (or any other moderator) in such a public manner. Though you may not agree with every choice they make, the moderators take their job very seriously to be pleasing to The Lord and led by His Spirit and are doing the very best they can.

This website ministry is a labor of love in The Lord for His sake and for the body of Christ, but as for day to day decisions it is not a democracy. Also (and i have to remind myself each time!) to stop and pray before posting something can help keep the discussions on track with what the Lord wants. We all fall short in this regard sometimes, but praying before I post changes what I would say (even this post) or if I should say anything at all. Many eyes saved and unsaved are watching. So may the love of Christ and the meekness of Christ continue to grow and bloom in each of us for His sake and the sake of those who observe our conduct in Christ.

May God bless you this day and it is my heart's prayer that He would lead you to discover previously unknown resources on SermonIndex to encourage you in your walk with our Lord. There are many new books, commentaries, image quotes etc that have been added in the past year. Praise God! :)

2015/3/22 16:55Profile

Re:

I'm not sure why people try to pin down my gender/identity. More specifically I've been labeled a female by others, which was only based on assumption of another user and they decided to run with it.

To respond to you about what gender I am, I'll give you scripture.

Quote:
Gal. 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

2015/3/24 15:32
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

I can't speak for Brandy but in my opinion, I do not think that she wanted to respond to a man and instruct him on what he needed to be doing. (edited)

God bless,
Lisa

2015/3/24 15:53Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

LoveMeekHope,

My intention was to try and speak the truth in love in an attempt to put out a growing fire of earthly strife.

Lysa is correct regarding why it mattered to me whether you are a sister because of 1 Corinthians 11:3 and 1 Timothy 2:12 I do not feel liberty to address any brother on here in that capacity.. There is a context to those verses of course, but anyway, that is why it mattered to me whether male or female and was not meant to offend you.

I appreciate the scripture you shared -- that is a beautiful verse touching on one of the mysteries of the new creation that we are in the Spirit and that will be fully manifested one day to the praise of His glory -- Christ is all! :)

May we remember who our real enemy is (not eachother, not flesh and blood) and may we not be ignorant of his devices. What our true enemy hates is when we do this:

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:32

I pray we may all of us take up the armor of God together against the adversary's advances for this battle is one of life and death and we are indeed living in the last of the last days.

We all fail in so many ways and must help eachother heavenward.

Soon we will wake as if from a dream and all this world's sorrow will be behind us!!

(Edit: just corrected the verse number in 1 Corinthians.)

2015/3/24 18:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy