SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival Praying by Leonard Ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
flaglady

Northern New York

Revival Praying by Leonard Ravenhill

Prayer is a two way operation--man talking to God and God talking to man.Solomon was wise when he asked for a listening heart. 1K3:9 To many, prayer is dry because they do all the talking.

Prayer is. I think the language of heaven.
A sage of old spake of prayer as thinking God;s thoughts after Him. But in the spirit-born prayer, I believe we pray Gods burden into and through our hearts. With God we share in prayer. Prayer is no magic transformation of words into heavenly language just because we close our eyes. words are not prayer because we utter them on our knees, nor because we say them in the pulpit,nor yet because they are breathed within the confines of the church. concerning our praying today, a phrase from Shakespeare often comes into my mind:What do you read , my Lord?" Polonius asked Hamlet. To this the melancholy man replied. "Words! Words! Words!" Likewise in prayer what do we often say? Words! Words! Words! We can use words without praying, and we can pray without using words. We can also pray when words are used.
But there is a language of the spirit beyond words groanings that cannot be articulated, that defy language, that are above language, that are beyond language, that are the yearnings of the heart of God committed to those who seek to know His will and to care for a lost world and feeble church.
Revival praying pg 56

2015/3/7 21:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy