SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
The same giftings are to operate with in the body of believers.for the edification of the believers.

?

2005/4/30 18:53Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Act 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

In Acts they didn’t seem mind recognizing that Peter and John had a gift upon them. No we should not exalt one brother and say he is "better.” Look at a baseball team. No one that is thinking soundly thinks that the outfield is more important than a pitcher. If there were no outfield then the infield or pitcher would have to run and get the ball every time. If there were no pitcher then it wouldn’t work either. Every person has his or her part. We are one nicely joined body. I see no wrong in recognizing who is a foot, a nose, or a arm. Now I don’t think that one is more important than the other. I hope this all makes sense.

Keeping the same analogy, you may think that yeah ok the pitcher could throw a no-hitter and not even need anyone else. Well he wouldn't last more than maybe (that’s a big maybe) more than one game, possibly two, but no more. This could be why so many preachers die out so quick. They try to be the pitcher that is not using his teammates in the field and throw a strike out every time. We must work together.

2005/4/30 19:49Profile
dohzman

Re:

All the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to all believers. The labeling of one person or even a couple of people that you go to for say---a word of knowledge or prophetic word or healing leads to bondage and idolatry. That's why the jews of old couldn't reconize Jesus---they had Moses. Many of the word-faith movements were based on this mentality,i.e.---William Braham is one example amoung many. If one sits in an office of a prophet(I'll use that as my example since that's where we started) there's nothing that says that individual will speak acurately or with the mind of Christ. In this age of grace all believers have access to Christ Jesus and are encourage to seek Him. In the prophetic (NT) most of what's spoken is confirmation to that which the individuals usually already knew. All in all christians are being matured in the area of Love. That is the growing up into the full knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. A love that conditions everything we do. By this shall all men know you are MY DISCIPLES, by the love you have one to another. I knew a man who used to hear about peoples problems and sicknesses with in his local body of believers. He never told anyone but would go home and while others ate meals after sunday services he would fast and pray. Mircles happened but no one ever connected the dots. He never said a word. He just touched the heart of God. Much of what I hear on the subject of the prophetic is man based , even though people can justify that position with scripture. And its a very dangerous game to play when you get people looking to people for answers that only God should give his children. Enough said. Blessings Bro. Daryl

2005/5/1 0:26Profile
dohzman

Something against prophets?

See brother Dohzman,

That's the thing that always puzzles me about God ... The ones like you who already know what "the calling" is supposed to be down to the "T" He bypasses ... But the ones who don't and most often don't even want to be called He chooses ...

Man ... who can understand the mysteries of the Most High?

God bless!

Br. R ...
I put his quote here to show something. No love. Out of the same mouth came blessing and cursing, prophets don't speak thus since they know the mysteries of the power of thier words. Prophets that I know seem to have a powerful prayer life and an overwhelming love of the brethren. I enjoy much fellowship with thoughs I would consider prophets.

2005/5/1 0:48Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
All the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to all believers. The labeling of one person or even a couple of people that you go to for say---a word of knowledge or prophetic word or healing leads to bondage and idolatry. That's why the jews of old couldn't reconize Jesus---they had Moses.

The gifts are available to all but not given necessarily to one person. I'm not saying that the person one goes and prays with becomes the substitute for the holy spirit. I'm saying that we should be aware of our offices so that if anyone has a need we can be of service to one another. I disagree that this leads to bondage and idolatry unless of course the spirit behind it is one of the enemy. that's my take on it and I guess we shoukld agree to disagree on that.

2005/5/1 22:20Profile
Compton

Re: Character

Hi guys,

Forgive me for eavesdropping abit but I wanted weigh in on your interesting discussion...

Prophecy, in the higher sense, is such a demonstrative and visible gift that I would think that one of the credentials for it would be clear evidence of the fruit of the spirit. The character and mind of Christ is what makes a man prophetic. I do not think that God will "transmit" a message that passes through the prophet without touching him. In other words, a prophet prophecies according to the the character of Christ within. "...out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water."

In a way, spiritual maturity is prophetic. That is to say, a person or even church that is displaying the fruit of the spirit in their walk is invariably going to be doing so in their talk. This could include sober warnings, but more importantly prophecy reveals Christ, even to His church. "O LORD, please open our eyes that we may see."

I have seen strong evidences of prophetic inclinations in some(or maybe it was self-confidence...)that was ahead of the character development of the person. Flatter an immature prophet and you've ruined him or her for years. Not to be controversial but the few people I trust that would qualify as "prophets" are wary of the designation precisely because it tends to attract ambition.

So that's my two cents. A prophet without visible fruit of the spirit is a prophet without credentials regardless of how "accurate" the gifting seems. God's wanting to see His son transformed in us but often we just want our fortunes told.

Perhaps that's why God makes it hard to be a true prophet.

Blessings,

MC

2005/5/1 23:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Spirit of...

MC,

Think you are getting at the root here.

"I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
Rev 19:10

Without making it an over generalization, there seems to be a distinction in the tone of "I am a 'prophet'". As an example, consider;

" 3. Lord Jesus, I come to Thee for spiritual preparation. Lay Thy hand upon me. Anoint me with the oil of the New Testament prophet. Forbid that I should become a religious scribe and thus lose my prophetic calling. Save me from the curse that lies dark across the face of the modern clergy, the curse of compromise, of imitation, of professionalism. Save me from the error of judging a church by its size, its popularity or the amount of its yearly offerings.

Help me to remember that I am a prophet—not a promoter, not a religious manager, but a prophet. Let me never become a slave to crowds. Heal my soul of carnal ambitions and deliver me from the itch for publicity. Save me from bondage to things. Let me not waste my days puttering around the house. Lay Thy terror upon me, O God, and drive me to the place of prayer where I may wrestle with principalities and powers and the rulers of the darkness of this world. Deliver me from over-eating and late sleeping. Teach me self-discipline that I may be a good soldier of Jesus Christ."

A.W. Tozer

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=960&forum=23&post_id=&refresh=Go]Ordination covenant[/url]

(Might add that this excerpt doesn't fully give justice to the thought, taken in it's entirety from the link brings out the expression better)

2005/5/2 9:09Profile

Re: MC

Eavesdrop anytime, beloved. Your "2 cents" are welcome anytime. I enjoyed and appreciated your post.

2005/5/2 9:10
IRONMAN

Re:

MC
indeed you are right, any message that God sends through a prophect has a profound effect on him. It cleanses the prohpet and refines him and gives the prophet and insight into the character of God. This experience is beyond description, it's getting to know God, how cool is that? bearing spiritual fruit is he mark of someone who is getting to know God.

2005/5/2 16:46Profile
dohzman

O Yea!

MC quote>>>>>So that's my two cents. A prophet without visible fruit of the spirit is a prophet without credentials regardless of how "accurate" the gifting seems. God's wanting to see His son transformed in us but often we just want our fortunes told. >>>>> I feel like jumping and screaming Amen here. Baalim was a prophet who sold his right of access for money and later showed Balak how to get Israel to move out fron under the Covenant of God with all its provision and protections. Many prophets---so called--- today do the same thing to the children of Jesus' Christ's today by getting them to walk outside of the light or the protections and blessings of God by promising them things to scratch thier itching ears. What's always been of interest to me is how much God is saying to the modern prophet, This is what I mean----The minor and major prophets, or at least what we have here to read, I mean that was the sum of a life time. It wasn't just a few weeks at some retreat but it was the Voice of God in the course of a Life time . Today we have people who hear a "thus saith the Lord" more frequently than did the prophets of old.That's scarey! And let's not forget that a marked sign of that office was healing, it's found throughout scripture both implied and acts done with tangible results. The Lord showed me in a dream?vision?I don't know what it was, but He showed me a well intentioned man take children that were not his own and spank them. In my dream I was highly upset as I realized that stranger had just spanked my children----he had no right, they were my children and as thier father I felt I knew best what they should have in the way of correction. The Lord than said to me thats what is happening all over in the Body of Christ. Well intentioned individuals correcting His children without His heart for His Chlidren. Then He asked me what I thought should be done to such---like Eze all I could say was you know O'Lord! Amen Bro. Daryl

2005/5/2 19:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy