SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Red flags

Quote:
Call it what you will, but the suspicision remains. All this defending seems contrary to whatever a prophet is or was in scripture, just don't find it there. If it must keep being brought forth as such, then by the same token the warnings must as well, there are far too many other brethren being caught up in all this not to.

This is not so much defending as it is clariying some things which have been mistaught or misunderstood for a long time. Prophecy is not always necessarily predictive nor spoken for all men to hear. It's a lot more involving than that. I'm learning that every day.

2005/5/20 16:23Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

servant is a good word, we also need to be sure of exactly what our service is, or what our role in serving is. I do have a question though, why is it that if someone says "I'm an evangelist" or exhorter or prayer warrior or teacher noone or few people ask questions but the minute someone says "I'm a prophet"...just curious, if this has been answered please disregard that part of the post.

2005/5/20 16:27Profile
Rahman

Re: Prophetic Credentials.....

In a much wearied talking with our Lord last night about so much of which is contained in the civil but contentious contents of this very thread ... eventually i heard Him clearly say to me ... [b]"Just be"[/b] ...

Main Entry: be
Pronunciation: 'bE
Function: verb

1-
a : to equal in meaning : have the same connotation as.
b : to have identity with.
c : to constitute the same class as.
d : to have a specified qualification or characterization.
e : to belong to the class of.

2-
a : to have an objective existence : have reality or actuality : LIVE.
b : to have, maintain, or occupy a place, situation, or position.
c : to remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted.
d : to take place : OCCUR.
e : to come or go.

To all my fellow saints out there who believe themselves "called" by God to the ministry that men will not allow us to even define ourselves by without it being turned upon us as a negative ... Stop discussing ... stop defining ... stop defending ... and [b]"Just be"[/b] ... In Jesus blessed name ... Amen ...

Br. R ... :beard:

2005/5/20 17:29Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
To all my fellow saints out there who believe themselves "called" by God to the ministry that men will not allow us to even define ourselves by without it being turned upon us as a negative ... Stop discussing ... stop defining ... stop defending ... and "Just be" ... In Jesus blessed name ... Amen ...

the defense rests.

2005/5/20 18:05Profile
dohzman

Re:

I think that the church needs true prophets and prophetesses, however in America (I have to use america since as I understand its not as bad in other countries) that position seems to be very much abused or even mishandled? The ones who claim to be one use it often for manipulation and to be seen of men. Now I know there is the geniune in any given church. However, in penecostal or charismatic circles it has been so misused, especially in the major media, that most of the church is gun shy when someone proclaims to be a prophet. I believe that character opens up the way for a prophet on a more local level and if that individual has some acclaim in his or her local fellowship they may even begin to be more widely accepted not only in thier own fellowship and that on larger scales but also in other fellowships, word gets around. In the church however most people I know who have claimed to be prophets refuse to have anything they say judged and that's not scriptural. Now for those on this board who may consider themselves to be prophets---my comments are not directed at you.

2005/5/20 19:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy