SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

chanin
in being a servant of God one may end up being a prophet of God too.

2005/4/28 23:11Profile
dohzman

Re: what's the conclusion?

My basic point in all my posts is this. Drop the title who really cares. Jesus will only say well done thou ----good----and----faithful----Servant, not O mighty prophet or come on in you super apostle or great teacher. I like the word servant, it levels the playing field , keeps us all as equal, humble. When rewards are handed out in heaven it'll be the weak and the insignificant who shine the brightest. That dear sister who seemed to timid to speak but holed up with God in prayer and moved mountains while on her knees. That brother who worked over time because he had a burden to support missionaries or other ministries and working overtime was the only way he could do it. They are the great ones. There are a few who have true spiritual eyes as to what the body of Christ really is, Jesus said we'll be known by the love we have one to another. edit............................................................................................ That's something that never leaves---it's 24/7. It conditions my every thought, all my prayers and all my actions. If we can get beyond a title we might actually do something that has eternal value in the sight of God. Bro. Daryl

2005/4/28 23:45Profile

We are all servants, beloved. But God gave to the church Apostles, Evangelist, Prophets, Teachers, and Pastors for the training of the saints. Today, most churches only have "pastors". They don't mine using a "title". Neither does anyone else for that matter. The pastor can be put in place purly by education and popular vote. Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, and Teachers are called and ordained by God. Trouble is, there is little or no room for them in "organized church". Pastors, title and all hold on to the "stronghold" of power and guard it more than their own spirits. (Wait a minute! Yes, I know there are many, many wonderful spirit filled anointed men of God out there who are pastors. With you I thank God for them, and God bless you one and all.)
Personally, I don't like titles. Servant is just fine for me. What comes from my heart should be judged according to the Word of God. If it is anointed, so be it. If not, I'm hanging in here. Please don't stone me too hard. Does that make me a prophet? I have no clue nor do I care to decide or have anyone else decide for me. A title will never produce anointing. I'll take the anointing for all eternity please. I want to be a useful servant in the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is righteousness, heart peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Amen and amen. \o/

2005/4/29 7:32
moreofHim

Re: ironman

Quote:
in being a servant of God one may end up being a prophet of God too.

Exactly!

Surrendered to Him, to be used as He pleases, Chanin

2005/4/29 10:25Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

chanin :-D thanks!

2005/4/29 12:21Profile
IRONMAN

Bro Dohzman
It is important that each one of us recognize our particular offices in the kingdom of God and govern ourselves accordingly. If God says to you you are a prophet then that's what you are, if it requires you to tell people that or people recognize it and call you as such then that's all good. In servitude to God we are indeed all equal whether one is called to heal, preach, teach etc. It is important also that we be able to distinguish among ourselves which believer does what so that when comes a time for the body to call upon that believer's office then we can say, "oh you need a prophecy, go to brother so and so, need healing, go to sister so and so" etc.

When rewards are handed out in heaven the ones who have done the most work for God will shine the brightest, it may turn out that those ones will be the most unlikely. In order to receive those rewards each of us MUST be sure of what our office is (prophet, healer, exhorter, teach etc) so we can work accordingly.

I'm not sure what the last part of your post about speaking to the congressman was in reference to though, could you shed some light on that? And yes once we recognize the responsibility and power that comes with the office and let the Holy spirit move us accordingly, THEN we are getting somewhere, then we start depositing wealth into or heavenly acounts.

God has said to me that I am a prophet, not sure why He picked me but He did. That wasn't a thing I asked for nor wanted but He laid His hand heavily on me and I realized that I had to do as I was told, after reading about Jonah I figured it would be better to just follow God than run away. Does this make me any better than one who has a different office? no, it means the way God deals with me and the nature of our relationship is tailored to that office and would be different than it would be for someone else in a different office. SO some things God may do with/to/through me He may not do with/to/through you and vice versa.

I don't think it a thing to boast about but a fearful thing that GOd has given me a responsibility in the kingdom and it requires a deeper relationship with Him that I may become effective in all this. If you aren't a prophet that's cool, if you're a teacher, teach well as the spirit leads, in fact in whatever office you hold, execute the duties well in accordance to the spirit, that is the thing that matters.

2005/4/29 12:41Profile

Re: Question?

Are the saints perfected in the working of the ministry. Are they all mature and giving their lives as a living sacrafice, ministering and preaching to the poor? If not, then we still need Apostles, Pastors, Evangelist, Teachers, and Prophets. Thanks be to God.

Why is it then, that most modern day churches have only Pastors, maybe a starving evangelist here and there?

2005/4/30 7:33
dohzman

Re: differences

There are differences in the gifting of the Holy Spirit which are open for everyone, and the administration of an office . One is on an as need basis in the local fellowship the Holy Spirit choosing who and when and the other is a 24/7 calling and doesn't nessarily include the gifts of the Holy Spirit in the same sense that they are displayed in the body visiabily. Reguardless either this way or that the body of Christ is matured.>>>>>>>>> you quote: It is important also that we be able to distinguish among ourselves which believer does what so that when comes a time for the body to call upon that believer's office then we can say, "oh you need a prophecy, go to brother so and so, need healing, go to sister so and so" etc.------------>that's dangerous theology and really isn't consistant with NT scripture or NT church historical accounts we have.

2005/4/30 8:12Profile
dohzman

Re:

The same giftings are to operate with in the body of believers.for the edification of the believers.

2005/4/30 8:14Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Bro Dohzman
I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to say in the last post, could you please clarify? How is it dangerous theology to know which brother to go and pray with when one is in need of something? I still maintain that we need to be aware of our offices and execute the duties that come with that in all excellence. is there something you have against prophets?

2005/4/30 18:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy