SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
Compton

Re: False prophets...

Hey guys, I hope I'm not intruding here. I am interested in this new point.

Quote:
To accuse one of being a false prophet is a very serious accusation and should not be made lightly dear saints. A false prophet is not chosen by God, but by Satan...You may believe that if a prophet is not mature that of necessity makes him a “false prophet”.

The flip-side of this discussion: the credentials of a false prophet. I appreciate the clean divsion between immature and false that is being attempted here. I agree with Jimm in wanting to protect well-meaning brothers and sisters with prophetic gifts from witch hunts.

However, I have had the awful experience of being influenced by prophets who do not speak truth and it did not matter who sent them. The problem is that they believed their own lies. The force of their conviction can become the power of their pursuasion!

From my experience, a prophetic person can be unaware that their ambitions are not Christ-centered and that their doctrines are heretical. This certainly does not make then the spawn of Satan in my mind...just zealous saints with gifts that needed correction and discipline when instead they recieved flattery and reward. Yet, the difference between "false" and "immature" may be of little consequence to the saints who are affected.

Jer. 23:28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath My word; let him speak My word faithfully.

It is my opinion that a prophet,(like all vessels being shaped by the Master Potter), requires sound scriptural knowledge. True prophectic words are built upon the Word. I believe a prophet should commit themselves to the whole counsel of God, not just their "beef". Like King Jimmy pointed out, "establishing" Christ is the reason for the gifts and nothing does this better then the Holy Spirit inspired biblical prophets and Apostles which are the foundations of the Church. In my personal experience I have known many who are sincerely prophecying "according to the spirit" yet doing so in ignorance, and conflict, of what the Spirit has already given us in writing.

So I guess my question is this; who needs false prophets when immature prophets will speak quite zealously without knowledge in the Church? Having said that, I like James' last point.
Quote:
This does not mean that you cannot admonish him, but the approach is altogether different.

MC

2005/5/9 13:00Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
I think it is hard for you to really understand what I am saying because you have such powerful minds!

Oh my!, so that's what's trying to kill me!! Ack! Get it away!, get it away!, get it off of me!!! :-P :-P :-P Whew...Oh that was [i]funny[/i]! ..whew..thanks brother I needed that, seriously...

Sometimes it seems we need this kind of thing otherwise we might implode or burst into flames...Not to make too much light of it... but still...I have to go outside now, before anybody see's this... :-P Promise I'll come back once I get my bearings again...whew...

2005/5/9 16:18Profile

Re: Bro Jimm

Can you give us a biblical incedent where a prophet had to mature? I mean, don't they speak under divine inspiration? If so, does God need maturing? If not, they are not true prophets, or so it seems to me. Thank you for all your efforts in this thread. God bless you real good.

2005/5/9 20:52
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Hey guys

Thank you all for your posts Brothers, I will try and address as many concerns as I can.

Quote:
From my experience, a prophetic person can be unaware that their ambitions are not Christ-centered and that their doctrines are heretical. This certainly does not make then the spawn of Satan in my mind...just zealous saints with gifts that needed correction and discipline when instead they recieved flattery and reward. Yet, the difference between "false" and "immature" may be of little consequence to the saints who are affected.

Quote:
Can you give us a biblical incedent where a prophet had to mature? Lahry said: I mean, don't they speak under divine inspiration?

Now we are getting somewhere here. Let us consider the Church of Corinth. What do you suppose the problem was with the church that was so clearly gifted? Consider this account:

1 Corinthians 14:26-33 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Where these saints not inspired by the same Spirit? How is it then that even their “prophets” needed instruction on when and how to speak? All of these saints were immature (babes in Christ) and carnal. They definitely had the Spirit abiding in them but, their very mind set and way of thinking was a hindrance. Their very understanding of spiritual things was still in a child like state.

1 Corinthians 3:1-4 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

1 Corinthians 14: Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

A prophet is a fellow saint dear brethren, and he must grow in Christ just as everyone else. The prophet is likely to have an easier time maturing because of necessity a prophet my must have a high level of faith (Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Romans 12:6). Even that faith is not of themselves, as if it was a credential by which the where selected. (Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God).

The way for a prophet (and indeed all saints) to mature is by revelation, a revelation of Jesus Christ. This is not necessarily a verbal revelation (something you read or hear) it is an inward working of the Spirit of God, an opening of the eyes of the heart. Paul tells us, “For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” And, “How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,” (Gal1:12&Eph3:3) Understanding this thoroughly he prays for the Ephesians saying, “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:” (Eph1:17).

The only prophet that is of any help to the church is not only he who is accurate but he that has matured, so that there are no carnal ideas mixed in with the inspiration from God. The Church today needs to here prophesies that are not only accurate but that from saints whose character we know. The modern Church setting does not allow for such an intimate knowledge, and the average person can be civil for the duration the meeting, but this does not tell us about Hid character. When we are in really close fellowship the nature of a person cannot help but to be manifest. Art Katz once said, “So we need to be the quality of relationship by which we know one another’s character and we are not just strangers lost in the obscurity of services”.

There are more points to address, but for the sake of time I will pause here for now. Does this help any?

James

2005/5/9 22:58Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Calvin

No not [i]that[/i] Calvin.
Was having a little Calvin and Hobbes moment there earlier... every once in awhile something just strikes you as incredibly funny.

Didn't mean anything other than I found it quite absurd to hear that and that is not at your expense brother, just that it sounded so odd to these ears, my mind is often such a jumble of things that I have long ago stopped putting much heed in it nor trust in the thoughts it can generate, that's a bit of a stretch, but still the dependence comes from elsewhere. Also, after events that transpired earlier this morning that found me just overwhelmed by a dear saint half way across the world and almost oddly...it was something that could be construed as practically
'prophetic'. To be able to spiritually discern so much, too feel the prayers and the grasp of discernment, the reality of it all...It will be many days of pondering these things in the heart, it left me overwhelmed and actually in a profound sense of Godly fear that is hard to express...Maybe someday will be able to articulate it enough to be worthy of repeating. So it has been an very unusual day and was at work when the laughter started welling up, meant nothing by it and was actually truly relieved of just...something that needed to be relieved. I am weird dude, what can I say...

With all this, still, something seems off. Think both Lahry and MC touched on the edges of it. May be askance here and realize that the tendencies are that these discussions grow tentacles and branch off to different areas as the give and take changes hands...But the original question here regarding credentials was thought to be something 'after' the fact, 'proof's' of, if you will. It sounds a bit odd to hear of a kind of training school for prophets, but that may be only in the idea that it is something you can acquire or 'gain' by putting yourself through such a thing. It also has the problematic attachment to what is being seen in our day in such odd measure, that this is something you can 'become' by effort. Sure it's usually not couched in those types of words, but it does seem to lend itself to this, however subtle.

Maybe the best way to put it is that this seems to be just overstated on the one hand and understated on the other. Overstated in what a prophet [i]is[/i] and understated in what might come forth out of that, the definitions still are unclear. A large body of these things seems to be neither prophet nor prophetic, just what used to be normal Christianity. Being that in our day it has flown so far from it's moorings, to find trace elements of it now has that compulsion to catch it and label it and make it something more and different form the original reality and intent. Problem is, I don't know for sure just what that "is",...."is".

If there is anything we are tremendously successful at it is in redefining definitions to our present states, cultures and what have you and it makes it that much more difficult to untangle from the web and get back to original intent and true meaning. I don't know if this just waxing eloquent here, but something just doesn't jive.

Just random musings here meant to go towards no one in particular and just as much out on different limbs, feeling around for substance.

For the area of the false prophet and that in general sense it does seem that a higher view of God a more truer understanding of just who it is we have to do with and He with us. That though we are beckoned to boldly come to the throne of grace at the same time there is still the sense of [i]with trembling and fear[/i] and the latter is wanning otherwise it would certainly stop the mouths of the many out there making absurd statements or flippant things casually and without much thought from escaping the lips. To pronounce something as terrifying as a "Thus sayeth the Lord" with such disregard... Think it is more amazing that not only the Lord permits it but that one can do so without a hint of conscious pang...It just doesn't add up and it has been something in my experience that has made me want to vomit to hear flat out untruths spoken as truth, with an audacity and incredible sickening pride for that is what it is. To watch and hear these charlatans make pronouncements of healing, of the Holy Spirit being at their beck and call, of things that will happen and knowing that there is no truth in it from the first syllable. I don't know that it takes a special discernment to see through these things, it is just a byproduct of all that has come before it. Poor teaching, poor, twisted reading into the scriptures things that have no place, being rich, materialism, self help, entertainment, the godliness is gain, all so backwards and not Christian being contorted to be made chummy with the world... What is to be expected of the followers of this to hear some 'prophet' come into their midst and tickle their ears, it is but the desert for the dinners they have been feeding on. So do we pity the maturing 'prophet' when he ought to be silent? Not be concerned for the sheep that are led astray? Some of us were these sheep, I was, caught up in so much of this nonsense.

This is not pointed here as this is an area that is somewhat off the side of the intents of someone like James. But the point to drive home is that maybe what a prophet ought to be in our day is someone who will drag the hearts of professing Christians back down the road and teach them what is true of this life of faith in the Son of God... But I am doing the same thing here by making my own definition, good intents or not. Maybe it's just me, so many once sacred words have lost their meanings that to hear them now brings along all the associated baggage, "anointing", "sanctified", "prophets",
"prophetic", "prophecy"... I don't want a definition that suits me, or I cook up, but a definition that is, in it's fullest measure.

Now if we could just find out what that is.

2005/5/10 1:36Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Quote:

Jimm wrote:
Upon reflection we actually agree more than we disagree but tragically I think it is hard for you to really understand what I am saying because you have such powerful minds! I must be exceedingly accurate with you gentlemen because a little generalization on my part can throw off the whole topic. I have read and re-read what you have written and I believe I understand what you are saying.

I could say the same to you brother. You quoted Art Katz in this post, and I know few people with more powerfull minds, than him, in the kingdom of God.

As with any calling there is an induction stage before you finally reach your stride in Christ. Sadly some prophets do not make it out of this induction stage, but this does not (according to my judgment) disqualify them from being what they have been called to be.

I would beg to differ on this point. Ephesians say, "God gave some to be..." implying that the people (don't forget "five-folds" are people, not jobs) could be Apostles, Prophets, etc if... but they aren't yet, because they are "to be..." You seem to be saying that "they are, but their not perfect". I agre with the latter part of the statment, but not the former.
Quote:

Let me illustrate this point with a simplified example. Say you are hired to be a hospital porter.

Let's say that you hire a doctor, who isn't "mature enough" in their calling. If he were to hurt someone in "his ministry", then he'd be sued and so would the hospital. In this case, credentials are required before service, not on the fly. Again, we are not talking of regular lay ministers, we are discussing Prophets. Men like Katz, claim to be "lay people like yourself", although we accept them as prophets. One common theme amongst false prophets, is that they "say they are but are not" (see Jesus' exhortaion to the church of Ephuses, in Revelation.)

Quote:

The Lord has reserved a day in the which all the secretes of men will be revealed and judged and everyone will have to give an account of their stewardship. Indeed, “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?” (Mathew 7:22)

You may believe that if a prophet does not mature that of necessity makes him a “false prophet”.

Ironically, Mat 7:22, is a denunciation of false prophets, by Jesus Himself, who refers to them as "ravenous wolves". To relate this into real terms, consider instead of being a "false prophet" the person coming into the church is a "false lover of children (aka. peadaphile). Would you apply the same kind of logic, in spite of their displaying clear signs of an unhealthy affection toward children? Of course not. Though you would be cautious to wait for "obvious signs", youwould be diligent in investigating the suspect, until you were satisfied. How much more careful should we be about spiritual children?
Quote:

I see the logic behind your statement but it is only a skin deep assessment, one that judges according to the wisdom of men and not of God.

Again, Moses, John, Paul, and Jesus Himself gave clear meathods of investigating false prophets. These are the standards used, not "wisdom of men".
Quote:

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again Matt 7:2).

I live by this truth, brother. Will discuss later.
Quote:

Note that these poor teachers are still in fact “in the kingdom of heaven”.

The issue isn't one of condemning a person, but that of protecting people from their message.

2005/5/10 6:01Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

What is the inspiration

Hey guys.

I think we are getting closer and closer to seeing each other face to face. Christian maturity does not come over night dear saints, but gifts generally do. Please take a moment to understand what I am saying, when I speak of prophesy. Prophesy proceeds forth out of divine inspiration and is not an observation or an exposition, but when the Spirit of the Lord gives you each word that you speak whilst you are in the Spirit this is prophesying. If I prophesy this morning while I am by myself in prayer, then I later go and tell my brother in exact detail the words of the prophesy, even if it is word for word, that is no longer prophesy, simply because my words are no longer divinely inspired. I am now using the function of my memory or, if the Lord is gracious my wisdom and knowledge (spiritual gifts) have been increased and I am now speaking using these gifts not the gift of prophesy. A prophesy is either from the Spirit of God or it is not. If a prophesy is not from the Spirit of God (whether it be from the flesh or the Devil) this is what is known as a ‘false prophesy’ because it doe not proceed from the Spirit of truth. Whether a man can prophesy or not is not necessarily a reflection of His spiritual maturity (note again the prophets at Corinth). I am not saying that immature prophets are the sum of all things and should not be touched, but I am saying that the fact that they have not grown does not change what they are. Paul still referred to the carnal prophets at Corinth as prophets. A prophet is just like any other Christian, he can be carnal or he can be Spirit lead. If he is carnal he needs the support prayer and fellowship from the body of Christ, he is not dismissed altogether however he is monitored more strictly by the mature ones and those with the gift of discernment. And he (after my judgment) should not prophesy as regularly in the whole congregation, but rather more so in the presence of the elders. Do you follow me?

James

2005/5/10 8:37Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: What is the inspiration

James,

Just curious. Do you believe youself to be one who has been called to be a Prophet (as in "five fold ministry" in Ephesians), or are you one who has the gift of prophecy (As in 1 Cor 12-14)?

My reason for this question, is that we seem to be each discussing different themes.

Personally, my interpretaion of "Prophetic Credentials....." (in light of discussion of "Apostolic Credentials.....") to be on the "office of the prophet" (as much as that term chokes in my throat) vs the person who as a prophetic inclination. As I have repeatedly mentioned, Ephesians mentions God giving "some to be..prophets..". The "some" are "people", not giftings. 1 Corinthians mentions the "gift of prophecy" meaning an "ability" (for want of a better term).

Quote:

Vines says:
[b]Prophecy[/b]
propheteia
signifies "the speaking forth of the mind and counsel of God" (pro, "forth," phemi, "to speak:" see PROPHET); in the NT it is used (a) of the gift, e.g., Rom_12:6; 1Co_12:10; 1Co_13:2; (b) either of the exercise of the gift or of that which is "prophesied," e.g., Mat_13:14; 1Co_13:8; 1Co_14:6, 1Co_14:22; 1Th_5:20, "prophesying (s);" 1Ti_1:18; 1Ti_4:14; 2Pe_1:20-21; Rev_1:3; Rev_11:6; Rev_19:10; Rev_22:7, Rev_22:10, Rev_22:18-19.

"Though much of OT prophecy was purely predictive, see Mic_5:2, e.g., and cp. Joh_11:51, prophecy is not necessarily, nor even primarily, fore-telling. It is the declaration of that which cannot be known by natural means, Mat_26:68, it is the forth-telling of the will of God, whether with reference to the past, the present, or the future, see Gen_20:7; Deu_18:18; Rev_10:11; Rev_11:3.

[b]Prophet[/b]
prophetes
"one who speaks forth or openly" (see PROPHECY, A), "a proclaimer of a divine message," denoted among the Greeks an interpreter of the oracles of the gods. In the Sept. it is the translation of the word roeh, "a seer;" 1Sa_9:9, indicating that the "prophet" was one who had immediate intercourse with God. It also translates the word nabhi, meaning "either one in whom the message from God springs forth" or "one to whom anything is secretly communicated." Hence, in general, "the prophet" was one upon whom the Spirit of God rested, Num_11:17-29, one, to whom and through whom God speaks, Num_12:2; Amo_3:7-8. In the case of the OT prophets their messages were very largely the proclamation of the Divine purposes of salvation and glory to be accomplished in the future; the "prophesying" of the NT "prophets" was both a preaching of the Divine counsels of grace already accomplished and the foretelling of the purposes of God in the future.

2005/5/10 9:20Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Acurracy doesn't equal validity

Quote:

Jimm wrote:
The only prophet that is of any help to the church is not only he who is accurate but he that has matured, so that there are no carnal ideas mixed in with the inspiration from God. The Church today needs to here prophesies that are not only accurate but that from saints whose character we know. The modern Church setting does not allow for such an intimate knowledge, and the average person can be civil for the duration the meeting, but this does not tell us about Hid character. When we are in really close fellowship the nature of a person cannot help but to be manifest. Art Katz once said, “So we need to be the quality of relationship by which we know one another’s character and we are not just strangers lost in the obscurity of services”.

At his Melbourne School, Katz covered the issue of "divorcing power from character" (based on the translation of the word "dunamis" as "virtue" in the KJV). Although he admited to the possibility of this being an Elizabethian translation error, the term "virtue went out from me" seems to imply a connection between power and character, raising the question "If virtue left Him, how did it go into Him?" The sermon began with, "I'd like disabuse you, and the church, of any romantic notion that Jesus had an advantage over us, by virtue of His diety.", which would explain the previous statement, somewhat.

Please also consider, that he made direct statments, regarding Rick Joyner (criticising "The Final Quest" from arrogantly claiming the errors of Apostle Paul) and Paul Cain, being questionable, if not false. Although the names were not directly mentioned (apart from his handlng a recording of his preaching on repentance to Joyner, saying "I hope he receives the revelation from it" - paraphrase).

A large section of the church today seems to be trying to lower the standard of integrity in ministry. Perhaps there is a fear that unless they do, their will be no one for the job? Regardless of the rationale, this is COMPROMISE. To quote David Wilkerson, "A man with sin in his life, will not talk about sin in the camp." We seem to have a mentality of, "Ohh...c'mon. Being in ministry isn't that bad. How about if we give you a big paycheck?" (granted, this is extreme, but I recently heard someone come one heartbeat away from saying this, from the pulpit).

*Edit*
I have recently pondered the event of the Magic (Astrologers) finding Jesus by reading the stars. Could it be, that God allowed this part of the Nativity narrative, to warn us about the issue the deceptiveness of accurate prophecy? I believe that here lies another Divine paradox: Accuracy is a requirement, but not a means of validation.
*Edit*

At the end of the day, decption that is subtle, is the most dangerous deception of all, as it is the most convincing. I'll repeat again, "By their fruit you will know them".

(I hope you don't think I'm targeting you, James. Perhaps part of me is hoping to stretch your sence of orthodoxy, as happend to Asaph in Psalm 73)
*Edit* Actually, my last comment isn;t entirely ture. If i'm honest, there have been some comments that you have made that have concerned me, James. Please hear this in love, as there are some things that you have stated that are actually, contrary to scripture. *Edit*

2005/5/10 9:43Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: What is the inspiration

Quote:
If I prophesy this morning while I am by myself in prayer, then I later go and tell my brother in exact detail the words of the prophesy, even if it is word for word, that is no longer prophesy, simply because my words are no longer divinely inspired. I am now using the function of my memory or, if the Lord is gracious my wisdom and knowledge (spiritual gifts) have been increased and I am now speaking using these gifts not the gift of prophesy.

Pretty well have given up on the idea of extracting out of all this because there does seem to be something still to get worked out of it all.

Not sure that 'works' there brother. If '[i]in the morning you are "prophecing"[/i]... to whom? If there are no hearers, then what is it that construes it as 'prophecy'? It may be communication in prayer with the Lord...not following here.

Quote:
then I later go and tell my brother in exact detail the words of the prophesy

Pardon the cutting apart here, but does this not within lie the danger of it all?

On the one hand if you are not able to '[i]ponder these things in the heart[/i]' [u]before[/u] hand, how can you ascertain whether or not that..

1) It should be said in the first place.
1) Is truly from the Lord.
2) What the ramifications are from what might be said, not so much in a paranoid fashion, but have you considered everything? [i]Are you [b]sure[/b] of it?[/i]

The opposite also being true and what seems to flow so easily from many a lip in our day. The 'first thing that comes to mind' syndrome. In essence "I will speak and because I am a 'prophet', the Lord will straighten out whatever mess I create, it's not really my problem how it sounds, or even what it means, for [i]I am a 'prophet'[/i]"...

Do you see the problem here with this?

This is not an accusing finger here...

A 'prophet [i]is[/i]...
A 'prophet [i]is[/i]...

Still am stuck with the sounding difference between hearing a Tozer say "I am a prophet" and what flows out of that (further back in this thread) and the way it sounds as it is construed by many in our day and even as it is being defined here. Am asking questions more so than making 'statements'.

It's as if we are talking almost in categories or 'kinds'.

Unless I am mistaken Paul was not 'called' a 'prophet' was he? And yet he did 'prophecy' not in things to come, perhaps in an ultimate end way, but as to things that were, that [i]are[/i].

Or John...

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto [b]his servant John:[/b]

Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of [b]this prophecy[/b], and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

But was he [i]known[/i] as a 'prophet'?

Again the squirmy feeling is in what seems to be an overstating of just what a 'prophet' [b]is[/b].

There seems to be a great gulf between;

Joh 4:29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

And

Jam 4:13 Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a town, stay there a year, conduct business, and make money."

Jam 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
Jam 4:16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

Perhaps now I am overstating it, just trying to draw in the whole from the parts.

One more for reflection:

1Sa 3:3 And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;
1Sa 3:4 That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.
1Sa 3:5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.
1Sa 3:6 And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.
1Sa 3:7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.
1Sa 3:8 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.
1Sa 3:9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
1Sa 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
1Sa 3:11 And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.

2005/5/10 10:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy