SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread

Prophetic Credentials.....

Most who know God know that this is the hour of Apostacy. Most know and many have often heard people stand up and say, "thus sayeth the Lord". Then they would rattle off some indistinctive verbage of generic "feel good" and set down.

The 23rd Chapter of Jeremiah has much to say about these people. It should make anyone reluctant to stand up and say "thus sayeth the Lord".

So how do we recognize "the real prophet"? Well, beginning in vs 21 God sets down a criteria that we may well use in this hour to sift through the chaff of emotional hoopla and discern who is actually speaking for God.

21I did not send these [false] prophets, yet they ran; I did not speak to them, yet they prophesied.

22But if they had stood in My council, then they would have caused My people to hear My words, then they would have turned them [My people] from their evil way and from the evil of their doings.

About false prophets as should be obvious, God says He did not speak to them, vs 21, yet they prophesied.They could not wait to speak, running to find a pulpit.

But look at vs 22. Here God says much about the true prophet. Not all inclusive by any stretch, but a good place to start, He says that for one, that they (the false prophets) had not "stood in His Council". See, true prophet of God must have a living and abiding relationship with God. He hears from the true and Almighty God. That's not Phd Theology.

If they had actually stood in the coucil of God, God goes on to say that they would have caused His people to hear His words. Then these prophets would have turned God's people from their wicked ways. That's what prophets do, much of the time. Read all of Jeremiah, it's very obvious. Jeremiah got beaten and thrown in stocks for his preaching.

Now saints, I have to ask you, be there any wicked way in the church? Is not there as much or more sin in church as out in this hour? Yet what is the message of many? "Don't talk to people about their sin, they already know about". "You don't have to preach against sin to preach the Gospel".
LIARS! IMPOSTERS! PHONIES!

How plain does it have to get? Go read some of your feel good books that you got from the bible book store and see how many are trying to get God's people to turn from their wicked ways. Show me a pulpit that will preach against evil among God's people on a regular basis and I'll show you a church building that will soon have a "For Sale" sign out front because there won't be enough people left to support the gothic shrine for another day.

It's time to wake up dear hearts. Those of you whom I know are here who hear what the Lord is speaking to Jeremiah and know it applies to this hour and to you, because that is what real prophets do, please take heed. Somebody has got to step and say "turn from your wicked ways".

I'm not saying that this is the only criteria of the true prophet of God. But I am saying that it is likely the most important. It's easy to speak to a group of obedient folks. But when idolatry takes a stronghold, you will likely lose everything if you preach against it. So be it. Blessed be the Word of God now and forever more.

2005/4/28 9:43
moreofHim

Re: Prophetic Credentials.....

Thank you for this Lahry.

The message that the Lord has given me from the beginning of 2002 is that of idolatry and adultry among His people.

It is one thing to preach repentance to those who are not in the church (the body of Christ), but preaching it among the church is a different story. They will find every way to discredit you.

That's ok, it's in the Lord's hands. Trust and obey. :)

Surrendered to Him, Chanin

2005/4/28 11:21Profile
dohzman

You've all missed the mark!

What does a true prophet do? Before they speak to mankind let me ask YOU---what are they doing while they are standing in the presence of God? How long are they standing there in His presence? Answer me will you!! What conditions thier cry for repentance?????Answer me ! In repentance writters and preachers I don't hear a broken heart full of love and mercy, just a pointing finger quick to give blame. Look to Abraham who interceded several times, and in more than one instance for individuals who had caused him great harm or loss. Look at Moses or even Paul who would have gone to an eternal hell if God would just spare Israel. Before one speaks the judgement of God on a church---society----city---or nation, are they ready to accept that judgement on themselves instead? THE MAIN PURPOSE of a prophet is to stand in the presence of God on behalf of mankind and to absorb the love of God for His creation so that even in judgement people will know that God is Love, and its for the highest good of man that He rebukes and chastens , corrects and judges. Brokeness and love pour out with every word. Agape' conditions all that they say and do. Stand in His presence and learn to be still.

2005/4/28 16:23Profile
Rahman

Brother Lahry,

This is cut from a thread a while back entitled:

What Is A Prophet's Reward? (5/19/04" ...
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1985&forum=35#12751

This was my reply ... hope it's relevant to your thread ...

In the natural I see it as, persecution, rejection, alienation, doubt, and sometimes fear are primarily a prophet’s reward. These because the majority of folk (both saved and unsaved) treat with apathy, suspicion, disdain or outright animosity those who bear witness to the truth ... In the natural the price of this office is to seem to stand alone, if not of benefit socially with some small remnant of like minded folk ... As with Jesus, if we've really recieved Him as our ultimate Man of God, and really practice His admonitions, we will recieve in the natural, and in short order, persecution and rejection.

But now in the supernatural (praise God) you'll sense a mountain top intimacy of prescence with Him that few know ... And also a most wondrous sense of security even in the face of most direst situations, because scripture attest that all needs of God’s true prophet are miraculously met ... Which is why Bro. Ravenhill remarked that a true prophet has no concern for his/her earthly needs, because God has already made them materially self sufficient (which in Elijah's case sustained others), via whatever or whomever means He choses ... This is why I personally have no fear of coming judgements, financial collapses, etc. ... Prophets may appear as men in bondage to the natural (worldly), but are totally free in the supernatural (spiritual) ... A prophet's primary message is to "REPENT", it's the last word Jesus spoke to us (His Church) in the Revelation to John ... A (true) prophet's ultimate reward is that he is already the first fruits of what the Father has put on his lips to proclaim ... A (true) prophet cannot bring the message without becoming the message first ... Recieving a prophet's reward is in the decisive act of accepting the message of repentance itself ... Anyone recieving, accepting and acting on the word of repentance from the true man of God can expect the same divine security (from whatever the word from the Lord is on his lips) as the prophet.

This was sent to me, see what you think:

BIRTH IS THE PROPHET'S REWARD

The word of the Lord came to me saying:

You hear Me, yet you hesitate—what does it matter how you hear Me? You hear Me! What you hear from Me through the pain in your own heart will shake nations! You fight being where I have placed you in the Body. Your strength comes from Me. You receive from the root of prophecy that burns in your bones, and from the longing for what you see and cannot hold in your hand. You cry out for others, yet you struggle with your own spiritual development.

Your course is charted, your way is chosen by the Lord. You are suffering the birth of creation in the sons of God in Christ with those who are in the fellowship of the Godhead, walking in the creation of new life, into old things having their roots there that have gotten lost along the way.

Dig deeper! That is your calling--the voice of the prophet that speaks out in a dry land! You hate the darkness and suffer as you see the dry leaves fall into oblivion! You cry to be delivered from this place in Me, but deliverance will come to others through your desire and through the desperate cry of the Father in your own heart.

You suffer what all prophets have suffered: Isolation, loneliness, and rejection. But it is in and through this that the birthings take place, that the anointings are given to others. It is through your desire that they will birth forth into the kingdom. Can't you see that the desire and desperation in your own heart is birthing forth the children with the life of the Father?

You carry the burden of the Lord—remember this! I carried this burden while I walked in the earth, and it was only the Father's voice that could ease My pain and grief. You live in a time of shallow people. You hear Me child, even when you don't want to hear Me. Your gifting cries out in your bones for relief, yet you find none, because the heart of the Father is crying out for His children.

You are in the birthing process to do birthings. Does a mother not have pain? And so it is with you. Yes, you follow a road you have not chosen, but it burns in your heart because I have chosen it. You thirst because I thirst, and cry out because I cry out. I cry for the children who do not hear, the children whose hearts have been seared with a hot iron, children who cannot see or know their Lord without the life of the Spirit. My children are in captivity; can't you see this?

In your struggle you will reach your goal—know this! You are poured out in Me as a living sacrifice of the Lord of glory. There is only one road to glory, and you're on it. You give up your life for My will and purpose, and then I bless you with seasons of rest in the glory. Remember that when the babies are born, there is great joy and refreshing in My presence! The voice of the Lord speaks to you and you hear!

Not all pathways are the same. Enjoy other's ways and seek your own from the face of God. This is the water that satisfies your thirst. Your tears that have been spent in the struggle of life while in the flesh will be remembered by the Father. And your desire for Me is great, even in your confusion and struggle. But at the end of your journey, there is life and joy in the Father's house. )))

I find all these words so comforting and especially these, "You are in the birthing process to do birthings" ... What's a prophet's reward? ...

Birth pains!

:beard:

2005/4/28 17:56Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Lahry
This might be a bit off the topic, but I think it is interesting. I am leading a bible study in Revelation, and last week we looked at Chapter 14. Verses 6&7 of chapter 14 have a bit to say on the end time message.
Rev.14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindered, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of his judgement is come: and worship him that make heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountain of waters.

I find this to be a bit of a diffrent message than we are are hearing from "Christian" circles.. lol Greg

2005/4/28 18:04Profile
Rahman

Dohzman,

Shouldn't that have been "we've" all missed the mark? ... But bless God for the indwelling power of Holy Spirit to press on anyhow! ...

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" ... Phil.3:13,14

Dohzman you wrote;

Quote:
"What does a true prophet do? Before they speak to mankind let me ask YOU---what are they doing while they are standing in the presence of God"?

Answer: Initially trying their very best to convince God that they're not worthy ... At which point He says, "I know, that's why I'm about to clean you up "first" to My task" ... Then it's a lot of heat and withering to "self" ...

Quote:
"How long are they standing there in His presence? Answer me will you"!!

Answer: For as long as God deems ...

Quote:
"What conditions thier cry for repentance?????Answer me" !

Answer: Being shown God's love, tolerance and pain of their own individual willful disobedience towards His love, mercy and grace and having the pain of such "error" magnified to the size of an apostate Church, Nation or world inside their own small spirit ...

Quote:
"Before one speaks the judgement of God on a church---society----city---or nation, are they ready to accept that judgement on themselves instead"?

Answer: i can't find anywhere in scripture where this is a pre-requisite to such service by God except in Christ's case (show me if i'm wrong) ... Seems to me that when it comes to us humans God just chooses as He pleases whomever it pleases Him to choose ...

Quote:
"THE MAIN PURPOSE of a prophet is to stand in the presence of God on behalf of mankind and to absorb the love of God for His creation so that even in judgement people will know that God is Love, and its for the highest good of man that He rebukes and chastens , corrects and judges"

Answer: Interesting ... i was more under the impression that the main purpose of a prophet was to go and do exactly what God tells Him to do whether he likes it or not, especially as in the case of Jonah who neither understood God's love and mercy toward Niniveh and certainly didn't agree with God about it ... i dare say it's a much easier task to take on the merciful mind of God in the calling, but as with Jonah God was determined to use him no matter how he felt in the calling ...

Quote:
"Brokeness and love pour out with every word. Agape' conditions all that they say and do" ...

Answer: i'm not to sure about this one either ... God in the OT, thru His prophets sais some pretty harsh things, so much so that it made folk wanna kill the messenger ... God may have broken Ezekiel to Himself, but then He turned right around and used Ezekiel to speak harshly to them, although it is true that God always speaks consolation to His own after condemnation of error ...

Quote:
"Stand in His presence and learn to be still" ...

Summary: Listen to Him via His "true" prophets and learn of what and when to get busy! ... :-P

2005/4/28 18:23Profile
carazc

What can we say about the prophetic man? He is one who get's his word from the only One who can give it. The prophetic utterance has its origin in the heart of God while the false prophetic utterance has its origin in the heart of man.

How do we know if a word has been birthed in the heart of God. My guess, as good as any, is what is the end or object of the word spoken.

If it spurs you on to anything other than God Himself then it is false.

Much of the current prophetic phenomenon spurs you onto prosperity, health, times of refreshing and on and on.

The prophetic Word, when issued will be more likely to require of you something...than to give you something. The awesome thing about this requirement is if submitted to will bring greater peace, harmony, ad relationship with the Living God.

2005/4/28 18:53Profile
dohzman

point by point bottom first

Jonah--lets look at what he said in ch 4 the results of God's character note verses1-2. Eze--I'll take him on last since he's a complex character.

2005/4/28 19:42Profile
dohzman

are they ready to accept judgement

Moses Note Ex chapter 32:33 note the word Blot me out---- If you'd like I can go from prophet to prophet and show you thier heart and thier willingness to be damned if the mercy of God would befall His people. But this one example will do. Also note Paul's intercession for Israel.

2005/4/28 19:58Profile
dohzman

what conditions thier cry for repentance

Your answer here has no foundation. By implication all who have stood in the presence of God have seen thier own need in the face of his holiness. But thats not what compeled them to cryout to thier generation. It was a fear of God, by fear of God I mean they hated sin and every act of disobedience, but with exacting love they spoke to thier generation. Love is and will always be the fulfilling of the Law and the prophets, for them to any less would have meant they brought God's word with unclean hands and lips.

2005/4/28 20:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy