SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Has anyone dealt with a psychopath spiritually?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Has anyone dealt with a psychopath spiritually?

Greetings everyone

My brother is a Psychopath, we became christians together 26 years ago but i have noticed that he hasnt changed he has just become more sneaky in hiding it. I know how to deal with Psychopaths in the secular world but as a Christian i am unable to find much resources or testimonies of them becoming christians and completley changing their lives. Not one church has picked it up that he goes too and he just causes destruction everywhere he goes. have any of the mature saints on sermon index had or seen or heard of a psychopath changing with jesus. i have google alot on the subject and not much resources to study this in the bible. thankyou any ideas or discussions about my question will be much apreciated.

crusader

2015/3/1 17:26Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Has anyone dealt with a psychopath spiritually?

What do you mean by "psychopath?"

2015/3/1 17:59Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Psychopath or sociopath? Very different.

2015/3/1 19:02Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Has anyone dealt with a psychopath spiritually?

My sister has been a church goer since childhood, she prays, pays tithes, attends church every Sunday (nothing during the week), I have no doubt she loves the Lord in her own way but the woman has demons, plural. I believe that the big ones came to her when she was a child and her experiences at that time.

Crusader, I do not doubt that your brother got saved but there is no way that your brother is a Christian and a psychopath without having demons. Think about it what the Bible says about demonic activity.

I cannot go up to my sister and just cast out demons and I doubt you can your brother either. I believe that she has to acknowledge at least one or two of them before she can be set free. It is probably the same with your brother. I would love to see her set free, both of our lives would be the better for it.

Anyway, can you differentiate between the worldly label of a psychopath and demons that operate in his life? It is definitely worth praying and seeking the Lord about.

God bless,
Lisa

2015/3/1 20:33Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: treading lightly...

Both "psychopath" and "sociopath" are terms conceived in secular psychological explanations of human behavior and are thus not found in scripture. But both describe the human condition in slavery to sin, and both require serious repentance.

Sociopaths are generally people who have seared consciences and are immune to feeling empathy for others. They cannot be trusted. Psycopaths on the other hand are stimulated by other's pain, and relish inflicting it. They are a danger to those close by, do not form genuine relationships, and as Lisa pointed out are most likely infected with demons.

The biggest problem is their blindness to their condition, rarely seeking help to get free. It is a monumental shame that modern Christian fellowships and organizations are not equipped to deal with demons, partly because working between conviction, repentance, confession, and deliverance pretty much requires someone who has been through it. It is not the most fun form of ministry!

Yet there is hope, because deliverance is real and there are many who enjoy a sweet and humble faith on the other side of demon deliverance.

As you pray for your brother, let him know from scripture that his lifestyle is contrary to Christ. Love him, but do not excuse his behavior.

This is tough stuff, like Lisa also pointed out it is very hard to go into this with someone so close. I have an older brother who is a retired liberal minister who is completely closed to any thoughts of Christ from me. Another brother believes he is a Christian and can talk a pretty good game but lives with a woman not his wife, with a trail of destruction- several other wives. I pray a lot, truly a grief that my brothers have not chosen repentance and righteousness. I like the prayer to the Lord of the harvest to send laborers- a couple special vineyards in need.

2015/3/1 21:44Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi all thankyou for the responses

your stories are very similar to mine, when i am working in the secular world with different types of these it's easy because i dont have to be attached but as it is my older brother its been very interesting trying to battle of the constant manipulation of him trying to gain control somewhere in my life. (i have alot of money comeing my way which he knows about)when we where younger and i was less wise, we ended up in a fist fight when he tried to control me and i choked him out cold so he is careful how he tries to manipulate me. I have no doubt it is demonic i only use todays terms as most people have an idea of the behaviour and yes he has 45 years of destruction behind him, he used up all of his exs and left them with nothing. everything is a game for him, he ticks every box for the fruits of the flesh but i do know that God has brought him into my life to teach me how to deal with this spiritually and hopefully to see him free. I cant tell people about his past due to legal restraints but God knows him.

when he first come to christianity there was a very big demonic battle we all saw it and thats why i became a christian. but about 8 weeks later he ended up in the underworld. 3 years later he resurfaced back into our lives and he never was the same again. i have confronted him and as some people know this goes nowhere.

other people that have testimonies in this area helps alot and even an email me how god got you through it. i am not in need of theology as i know the ins and outs but personal experiences as this is edifying for me knowing that i am not the only christian to come against this.

2015/3/2 1:32Profile

Re:

crusader

I believe that I was married to one (a sneaky one) although he has not been diagnosed or he did not tell me, though psychiatrists said he had a personality disorder. So he said of course but you cannot believe a word they say.

It just about destroyed me and 13 years later I am still recovering. He managed to turn my two sons against me and the relationships with them has still not been restored.

He made a claim to salvation about 30 years ago, but I was always unsure as he did not change though he read the Bible and we attended church. He even preached a sermon once. But still there was no change in him basically and he seemed to want to pull my faith down.

Then one day he told me that he wanted out of the marriage (he had totally taken over our sons at this point. They were his 'slaves') and then said that he was no longer a Christian.

I believe that he said he was because we were in touch with his uncle and aunt at that time, and who were believers and aged and rich.

There are certainly demons involved in these people. I actually cast some out of my ex one day, but they must have returned. I don't think that it is the answer.

I believe that these people are beyond help or salvation and would say they are to be avoided at all costs unless God gives a very very strong sign otherwise, and confirmed by other believers. Otherwise RUN. No contact has helped my healing.

You do have to be careful if you try to break contact with a psycopath though. They unmask at these times and are dangerous so the usual advise is run for your life.

On the other hand, once they are done with you, they are done. Advice is to become a really boring person so that they lose interest in you. Cutting off their narcisistic supply makes them lose interest unless they are after something you have. The fact that money is on its way is a red flag. Your life might be at risk, in fact it will be.

2015/3/2 2:52
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi brenda

i so understand what you are saying, my wife was in a relationship with one as well and finally escaped when he held a gun to their 5 year olds head and said that she could never leave him and that he would shoot the son. fortunatley the police stormed in and resued her but he has been costanly trying to track her down for 15 years now until he met me ( i am a big man and too some i can look kinda scary not that im like that anymore). the whole time he was laughing and loved when she was alone and the mental health trauma it caused her. at the same time he was with another girl he got pregnant and is abusing her.

I did seperate from my brother but i know that God wants to work in this at the moment as its bringing up a few holes in my armour as well as wounds i thought where healed. i do believe God can change their hearts without any doubts but it is a spiritual battle that i havent been in before. i have cast out demons in the past but these seem to have a very strong stronghold and he doesnt seem to want to give this ground up. I sense an anger deep inside now as alot of his methods are not working against me as i have wised up too them.

My wife and i both noticed we came from the same kind of people in our pasts and we are able to recognise whats happening and support each other.

2015/3/2 3:34Profile

Re:

Karl

I sympathise very much with you. I used to think that they had hope but no longer do after studying the subject at length. They belong to Satan and there is no hope for him. Take care.

2015/3/2 4:47
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I sympathise very much with you. I used to think that they had hope but no longer do after studying the subject at length. They belong to Satan and there is no hope for him.

There is always hope, I can always remember suffering at the hands of my Mother as she saw the "Duncan" in me. Basically she saw a trait in my character that ran in here family, now all she did by sowing violence to extinguish that trait was to reap violence when I was big enough thats what happen. I grew up believing that I acted a certain way because I was born that way.

The very reason, I sought God was that one day that I was going to come out of these uncontrollable violent outburst and someone was going to lying dead at my feet dead. I tried doctors, they told me to go and exercise, I didn't drink alcohol so I could try and keep control of myself, my only hope was to seek God.

Now for a while I got worse, I started hearing voices, I started hearing a demon speaking to me, I didn't go to the doctor about that as I knew I would be put in a straightjacket and put in a padded cell.

But it did get so bad that I had to sit with my hands on my head asking God to help me and when it was at it's strongest that very night deliverance came, I had to be set free from a curse on my life and a devil cast out from then I was totally changed my character was completely different.

Pray and Fast for your brother, God can set him free....

2015/3/2 6:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy