Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hard reality of this modern day

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Hard reality of this modern day

Quote:

What institution tells gays they are an abomination?

This is part of a quote from someone to me on my twitter account. It is in regards to a call for the church to apologize to the homosexual community for the suicides that have taken place.

How would you answer this?

John

2015/2/26 15:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Hard reality of this modern day

You could say that the church is only stating what God feels about it. Of course that likely won't help much.

I am not sure that abomination is the right word for the Church to use, mainly because I can't see Jesus walking up to a homosexual and calling them an abomination.

However, he very well might say, "Go, and sin no more."

2015/2/26 16:02Profile

Re: Hard reality of this modern day

Imagine other sins being stigmatized as harsh as homosexual is today (and recently).

Let us remember change is possible. It took many years for the public opinion to become what it is today. The govt was against blacks. The govt was against gays and in many parts of the world it still is.

I'd respond by giving context of change.

Then say, I am apart of the Church. I think the Church is learning it's voice in this constant 24/7 news cycle. Or in other words, it's learning integrity. It's got a long way to go. And I'd encourage them to pray for the Church to come out pure and spotless (like Jesus was).

2015/2/26 16:12
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I think the reality of this is that sin is being embraced more and more and when individuals love it that much it destroys them just as drugs destroys a person.

The other issue is the fight of whether a person is born homosexual or not. That is the big war going on. One side says homosexuals are born that way the other side says it is sin. In the middle, where the 'war' is one side is blaming the other for destruction.

Where is the dividing line of compassion vs. the call to repent in the Name of Jesus? Somewhere in there it is the leading of the Holy SPirit calling both sides but who is hearing that leading?

John

2015/2/26 16:16Profile

Sin is sin

Hi John,
What a joy the simplicity of the gospel is. We are all born sinners and need a Savior.

As I see more and more rainbow flags go up in my city and on the churches, it seems as though we live in old Corinth where every man and woman did what was right in their own eyes. As Paul ministered to these folks he made the distinction between cultural habits and blatant sin. He never compromised the truth that Jesus died for our sins and when we go back into sin we are grieving His Holy Spirit.

When the law is written in one's heart after becoming born again, one has a natural aversion towards sexual sin, lying, etc. but we can become hardened if we are not continually loving, exhorting, encouraging each other in the Word reproving and even rebuking in the Word as Jesus did. As Paul did, as Peter did, as James did, as Jude did.

What has happened is that the body of believers in many areas are rejecting the Word of God, the Living Word of God and the Scriptural Word of God and one another. We are so easily offended.So I appreciate these discussions which spur us onto good works in Christ! At the same time, the true church is being awakened!

What a terrible time for those who reject our Lord, but what a wonderful time for those who come to our Lord Jesus and repent.

And when that happens, the joy of the Lord is so awesome that even getting their heads cut off for Jesus won't end their lives!!!! What joy to know we are free in Christ forever!!!!

L.M.

2015/2/26 18:29
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Biology is biology

Homosexual practices are an open invitation to disease and death, even as Paul warned in Romans 1. We would be remiss not to help some of these people see that if they go down this road, they run terrible health risks, even pushing "morality" aside.

It is only an abomination from God's perspective because it hurts people He loves.

Pretty simple, really.

2015/2/26 22:37Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

The war of sin is growing on a more personal level with my OP. There is some truth in that OP as well as a lie. The truth is that there probably have been some teenagers who committed suicide because they were judged by the church and by parents in the church and eventually it pushed them to the edge. I would have no doubt that some of these parents had a very judgmental attitude without no hint of love for their kid.

On the flip side it is a stereotype and smoke screen. the OP labels the church as the promoters of homosexual teenager suicide in order to paint the church as evil. Sin does this. Sin accuses the other in a deceitful manner and many times the accusation looks credible but is a bold face lie. Seek the times when Jesus was tempted of Satan. He made rational sense yet Jesus went back to what God has said.

I think the church needs to respond with a hearing ear and in love without affirming homosexuality. A problem I see with the homosexuality community is that will not allow half that package. If you hate homosexuality then you hate homosexuals........to their mindset. As a result the false accusation will be shouted and we will be falsely accused. How far will this 'threat's go as time goes by?

I have often wondered, with as much progress as the homosexual movement has made, do you think that that once 5% of the population that was touted as homosexual has suddenly risen beyond that? Or is the power of the media causing the voice of the homosexual march to appear louder, in mass, than it really is?

btw, I had an uncle recently pass away. He went to a church that is 'open and affirming'. You can read between the lines. I met the pastor..lady...dressed up as a priest. I shook my head and wondered if she was lesbian. My mom said no but when I researched her , yes she is. She and the church will be at my mom's house for a Memorial. I told my mom that if time presents itself I would like to read something out of the bible. Something which I could kick myself for not doing when my uncle passed away. Eph 2. I prayed at his bedside. I wanted to do it outlawed but I Began to cry. He passed away in the hospital. I swung that way but I don't believe he practiced it. He also sang in a Gospel quartet at this church.

2015/2/26 22:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy