Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Go for it.

Shortly before my conversion, (1981) my brother and I attended a Foghat concert in Chicago, (Foghat is a rock and roll band for those who may not know) where we encountered a small group of brave men standing outside the entrance with a cross, talking to all who passed about Jesus. Their words watered the work of the Holy Spirit going on in my heart. I will never forget that night and have often prayed for those who brought the message to us that night.

Russell
Quote:

Now this is intriguing. Did concert goers acknowledge their presence in your view?

2015/2/28 11:01Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Rufnrust/Russell

Are you, by any chance, an appraiser?

2015/2/28 11:38Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

G'day John,

I think you are trying to justify going to the concert by making the tract up. If you are fair dinkum about saving the concert goers souls, you would stand outside (in the vicinity) giving the tracts out and talking to the people. As it is, you are wanting to go to the concert and say it is (Gods will). If not, you are not wanting to cause waves with your wife. If you want and go see the concert then go, but handing tracts out in the concert will only make double sons of Hell. And there are already enough of them already.

In Love Steve

Ps. I am not someone that does not know where you are coming from, for the song that has had the most influence on my life was a song by Black Sabbath called "After forever". God used it in confronting me and challenging me to follow Him.

2015/2/28 15:38Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

G'day John,

I think you are trying to justify going to the concert by making the tract up. If you are fair dinkum about saving the concert goers souls, you would stand outside (in the vicinity) giving the tracts out and talking to the people. As it is, you are wanting to go to the concert and say it is (Gods will). If not, you are not wanting to cause waves with your wife. If you want and go see the concert then go, but handing tracts out in the concert will only make double sons of Hell. And there are already enough of them already.

In Love Steve

Ps. I am not someone that does not know where you are coming from, for the song that has had the most influence on my life was a song by Black Sabbath called "After forever". God used it in confronting me and challenging me to follow Him.

Nope, not true at all. My wife wants to go to this concert because she has a favorite band playing there. I am not going to drop her off and pick her up. That is way too much of a mess to deal with.

What you said about tracts, is in the back of my mind as well and could very well turn more off then on. I understand that as well. That is why I am mulling over this whole thing and wondering should I even attempt anything with it at all. My wife won't care.

By the way, in no way am I saying any of this is God's Will in me going to this concert. My post is not about that at all. My post is the idea of using some king of tract to give the message of the Gospel out in relation to one of the hit songs of one of the bands.

No audible preaching. No one carrying signs. Just a small piece of paper, put in the pocket and read it later.

SOme of my post are me thinking out loud on this so if some of my thoughts seem a bit off or just weird then you know the source. ha.

John

2015/2/28 16:03Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re:

Tim & John

I am not sure what an 'appraiser' is in this context but I don't think I am.

Whether anyone acknowledged them or not, I do not know.
I pretended to ignore them myself
If they just obeyed, then they have done well. They went out in to the world to preach the gospel to some 20,000 sinners. I doubt that I was the only one who was touched by the Holy Spirit.

Russell

2015/2/28 21:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy