SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Get Your Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
FranklinB

Get Your Healing

There are two things to receiving healing or anything from God, but I'm going to focus on healing. The first thing is what you allow to be planted or deposited into your heart(spirit). This is very important that's why God said, "Keep your heart with all diligence." Notice you are the one to keep your heart not God, your heart is your responsibility. And notice the second part of that scripture, "For out of it are the issues of life" (Proverbs 4:23). So, things are happening on the outside because of what has been deposited on the inside. And to receive from God the right deposit has to be made first. You can't receive from God without having the right deposit. Notice, in Mark 6:5-6 it says that Jesus could do no mighty work, why? Because of there unbelief(lack of deposit). Notice what he did next, went round about the villages, teaching or depositing. Notice Jesus always taught and preached first before he healed.

You remember in Mark chapter 1 when that leper came to Jesus and said, "If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean" and Jesus put forth his hand and touched him (and nothing happened), because the man still had a question within himself. But, as soon as Jesus answered that question, "I will" now he is in a position to receive, because the deposit has been made. And as soon as Jesus spoke, "Be thou clean" immediately the leprosy departed and he was clean. How about the two blind men that came to Jesus in Matthew chapter 9, the first thing he asked them was do you believe I am able to do this (has the right deposit been made). And he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith(what's been deposited) be it unto you." And their eyes where opened. Notice back in our original scripture Proverbs 4 in verse 21 God tells you to keep his word in the midst of your heart. Because God knows the deposit that's made determines what is received.

The other thing to receiving healing is the words of your mouth. The books of Proverbs and James has a lot to say about the power of your words over your body. Proverbs 12:18 says, "The tongue of the wise is health." That word health is translated as medicine, remedy, cure. Healing by the words of your mouth when your words are in line with God's word. Proverbs 4:22 says, God's word is life to those that find them and health to all their flesh. Proverbs 16:24 says, "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. James 3:4 shows you a wonderful example of the power of your words over your body. James says, "Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth." The revelation is this the storm is your sickness, the boat is your body, your tongue is the rudder, and you are the governor. So, that sickness can only be in charge when your mouth is not speaking against it. Your body goes in the direction of your words. If you look at verse 3 it says, "Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body." Notice the body is turned by the mouth. So, get the deposit of your heart and the words of your mouth together and get your healing.

2015/2/25 16:38Profile

Re: Get Your Healing

This doctrine suggests that if we enunciate the correct words of "faith" we will have the ability to create by our words whatever we speak forth. We can choose all the parameters of our lives by our confessions of "faith". You can be your own god .
Now that is real replacement theology.

2015/2/25 17:58
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Ohhhh, me.

2015/2/25 22:50Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Brother Franklin,

I have a best friend who is into these word of faith preachers. I go back and forth because on one hand it seems to me to be "christian magic" to say words in the right order the right way, but maybe that is just me.

But I DO believe that "healing is the children's bread!" Most definitely!!

One of the most balanced sermons on how to receive health is from Derek Prince's "God's Medicine Bottle." He was in a British hospital for over a year on the front and God healed him when Derek took the word of God at His word!

God showed him Proverbs 4:20-22; My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

He received God's Medicine and he took it 3 times a day after meals!!! He read God's word 3x a day after meals!

GODS MEDICINE BOTTLE PART 1- 10 min long
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl5M_PvsNpQ
there is a part 2 & 3

Here is the book:
God's Medicine Bottle
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B95KIam9hXiDX2RVRlc3S2lDekU/edit

God bless,
Lisa

PS: Also, Proverbs 3:7-8; Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

These are things we don't have to say but obey!

2015/2/26 9:38Profile

Re:

For me, I think there is a balance.

We follow a Person/God. It's not a doctrine. With that said, I have to keep in mind, just because God can heal everyone doesn't mean it's the best thing for that person. A healthy balance, to me, is to remember Paul's thorn in his side. God didn't remove it. In addition to that, many of the early church had tremendous persecution, even thought they had some radical healings/miracles.

I was reading Smith Wigglesworth the other month. He was sharing a testimony of a widow who was 'healed' yet...she was showing signs of no healing. The congregation around her was like, 'miss...you are not healed, go back to the healing line.' Days, weeks past. But she was committed to belief that she was healed.

She even went as far as testifying when Wigglesworth came back, even though she still had signs of the illness.

I believe someone cried out 'you are not healed'. At that moment, she prayed 'lord, help them see.' At that moment, her healing was manifested into reality and no one doubted she was healed.

Now, I say that story because...faith, like this, is not a doctrine. I can't actively tell people 'you are healed' unless they've touched Jesus, or He touched them. All healing is relationship based. Did they encounter the living God?

Doctrines are great with helping us to understand some frameworks of God. But sometimes, God is just out of the ordinary (burning bush, 40 years in the desert, angel kills multitudes, noah's flood, abram/issac sacrifice, etc).

There is a danger with teaching healing without the Healer. Jesus is willing, yes. But sometimes He says no. Let's point people to Jesus and not doctrines. Let us build His house on the Rock of the Person and Work of Jesus Christ; not on sand, which are doctrines and letters. Let us remember the Spirit gives life.

2015/2/26 10:05
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I agree with Lysa that Derek Prince has some very good balanced teachings on healing. LoveMeekHope also had some very good points.

What we believe is important, as well as what we confess, but we should never place our faith in what we say, but our faith is in the healer (Jesus Christ).

Healing is not a faith formula. Healing is in a Person. "I am the Lord who healeth thee." (Exodus 15:26).

Derek Prince was a "faith teacher" but he taught faith and healing in balance with other scriptures in it's proper context.

2015/2/26 10:11Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

FranklinB,

Thanks for sharing this and as some others have said I also agree with balance. One area I would like to point out is that of unconfessed and unrepented sin in the believers life.

Many times sickness can be the result from Gods chastening due to sin in our lives. From me I have experienced numerous divine healings without the aid of any medicine or anything alternative.

As Lisa shared about Derek Prince and others like Smith Wigglesworth, John G. Lake, F.F. Bosworth who rightly teach that healing is in the word of God yet there are conditions to healing.

If we are sick because of sin, one condition for getting healed would be to repent.

I realize this topic has Christians divided but for me, I have experienced healing based on what you shared and I have also had healings delayed until I dealt with sins in my own life. The moment I confessed them I could then claim my healing and take God at His word and He has NEVER failed.

Those who want to argue that if everyone could get healed all the time nobody would ever die. Well, we know that ain't bible because it is appointed unto all men to at least once die. The good news is, when we die in Christ, we will be completely and totally healed forever.

It is sad that because of those ministers who have prostituted this promise in Gods word for their own filthy gain it has destroyed and robbed the faith of many. Many have chosen to throw the baby out with the bath water.

The seriousness of course is that without faith we cannot please God Hebrews 11:6. The same simple faith we used to get our sins forgiven is the same faith we can see our diseases healed Psalm 103:3.

Revelation 21:8, tells us that the fearful and unbelieving are the first of all sinners cast into the lake of fire.

So before we go jumping down one another's necks on this topic and saying what people mean. Are we saying that all those who don't get healed are going to hell? I don't believe that, God is merciful and unfortunately people are being robbed of their faith and are not being taught or encouraged to trust and believe God.

I believe the weight of their burden will be placed upon those who cause the little one's to stumble or who hold back the truth in unrighteousness.

Saints, I am looking and waiting for better days ahead for the body of Christ and just want to encourage others.

2015/2/26 15:22Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I have been thinking about Frank’s post for two days. I include myself in this scenario... Why do we always revert to “Word of Faith” teaching when people bring up speaking faith for our healing? Look at our responses, we were all like, “Ugh, not again!”

Is healing not in the Bible?

What did Frank say that was not Biblically sound? I'd like to know, honestly.

I just do not know why I brought up word of faith ... Franklin, I’m sorry. I will always try to give you and your posts the benefit of the doubt because there are several things that I’d like healing and need healing of! I don’t want to disregard you and your Bible studying or anyone who honestly studies the Bible.

God bless,
Lisa

2015/2/27 21:54Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:
Many times sickness can be the result from Gods chastening due to sin in our lives.

I find this kind of thinking robs people of any confidence in the nature of God.

Its like me saying to someone my son didn't stop playing with the hose pipe so I broke his hand. Such kind of behavior would be considered abhorrent. But we will apply the same kind of thought when we think about how God deals with us.

Friends, there is only one being who comes to steal, kill and destroy and thats the devil.

2015/2/28 1:47Profile
savannah

Re: I wound and I heal

See now that I, even I am He, and there is no god with Me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of My hand.
Deuteronomy 32:39

I kill, and I make alive; that is, all evil and all good come from his hand of providence; he forms both the light of life and the darkness of death, see Isaiah 45:7; Lamentations 3:37,38.

It denotes his incontestable authority to dispose of all his creatures, and the beings he has given them, so as to serve his own purposes by them: Whom he will he slays, and whom he will he keeps alive, when his judgments are abroad.

Are we healthful or sickly, rich or poor? Do we succeed in our designs, or are we crossed in them? It is all what God orders; every man's judgment proceeds from him. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; he forms the light and creates the darkness, as he did at first. Note, All the events of divine Providence are the products of a divine counsel; whatever is done God has the directing of it, and the works of his hands agree with the words of his mouth; he speaks, and it is done, so easily, so effectually are all his purposes fulfilled. MH

For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 1 Corinthians 11:30

Evidently referring to prevailing bodily sickness and disease. This is the natural and obvious interpretation of this passage. The sense clearly is, that God had sent among them bodily distempers as an expression of the divine displeasure and judgment for their improper mode of celebrating the Lord’s Supper. That it was not uncommon in those times for God in an extraordinary manner to punish people with calamity, sickness, or death for their sins is evident from the New Testament; Acts 5:1-10; Acts 13:11; It may possibly have been the case that the intemperance and gluttony which prevailed on these occasions was the direct cause of no small part of the bodily disease which prevailed, and which in some cases terminated in death. AB

2015/2/28 5:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy