SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where will the antichrist arise from??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I was reading in the books of Hosea and Amos this morning. These are some of the Scripture I would like to share concerning the Harlot and her fornication with the kings of the earth.

Hosea 2:

4 “I will not have mercy on her children,
For they are the children of harlotry.
5 For their mother has played the harlot;
She who conceived them has behaved shamefully.
For she said, “I will go after my lovers,
Who give me my bread and my water,
My wool and my linen,
My oil and my drink.’
6 “Therefore, behold,
I will hedge up your way with thorns,
And wall her in,
So that she cannot find her paths.
7 She will chase her lovers,
But not overtake them;
Yes, she will seek them, but not find them.
Then she will say,
“I will go and return to my first husband,
For then it was better for me than now.’
8 For she did not know
That I gave her grain, new wine, and oil,
And multiplied her silver and gold—
Which they prepared for Baal.

Here we see that Ephraim has gone after lovers who have provided her with:

Who give me my bread and my water,
My wool and my linen,
My oil and my drink.’

God then says that He is going to take it all away. And then Ephraim will return to Him. Listen to what He says next:

8 For she did not know
That I gave her grain, new wine, and oil,
And multiplied her silver and gold—
Which they prepared for Baal.

You see God has His economy and Satan seeks to destroy by temptation and lies. In the above Scripture God is the one who cares for His people. Yet, His people have commited adultery with Baal. They have attributed their provisions to the gods of other nations. Listen to the Scriptures in the book of Amos about the ways of those who follow Baal.

Amos 5:

10 They hate the one who rebukes in the gate,
And they abhor the one who speaks uprightly.
11 Therefore, because you tread down the poor
And take grain taxes from him,
Though you have built houses of hewn stone,
Yet you shall not dwell in them;
You have planted pleasant vineyards,
But you shall not drink wine from them.
12 For I know your manifold transgressions
And your mighty sins:
Afflicting the just and taking bribes;
Diverting the poor from justice at the gate.
13 Therefore the prudent keep silent at that time,
For it is an evil time.

Amos 6:

3 Woe to you who put far off the day of doom,
Who cause the seat of violence to come near;
4 Who lie on beds of ivory,
Stretch out on your couches,
Eat lambs from the flock
And calves from the midst of the stall;
5 Who sing idly to the sound of stringed instruments,
And invent for yourselves musical instruments like David;
6 Who drink wine from bowls,
And anoint yourselves with the best ointments,
But are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph.
7 Therefore they shall now go captive as the first of the captives,
And those who recline at banquets shall be removed.
8 The Lord GOD has sworn by Himself,
The LORD God of hosts says:
“I abhor the pride of Jacob,
And hate his palaces;
Therefore I will deliver up the city
And all that is in it.”

Amos 8:

Amos 8:5 Saying:
“When will the New Moon be past,
That we may sell grain?
And the Sabbath,
That we may trade wheat?
Making the ephah small and the shekel large,
Falsifying the scales by deceit,
6 That we may buy the poor for silver,
And the needy for a pair of sandals—
Even sell the bad wheat?”
7 The LORD has sworn by the pride of Jacob:
“Surely I will never forget any of their works.

All these things that the Lord testifies here speak of the fruits of Satan. You see God provides for the people, yet they did not walk in the ways that the Lord led them. Instead Ephraim walk in the ways of the people around them and exceeded the wickedness of those people. Ephraim walk according to the ways of Satan.

Do you see the bloodshed? Do you see whom they worshipped? Do you see the fruits of fornication with the Harlot?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/5/2 12:32Profile
taco

Antichrist

I don't know where (geographicaly) the Antichrist will (has) arise(en) from.

But I know this:

Quote:

I dread my own heart more than the pope and all his cardinals, for within me is the greater pope, even self. --Martin Luther

And...
Quote:

Worst of all my foes, I fear the enemy within. --John Wesley

In the words of the Lord Jesus Christ...
Quote:

"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. "All these evil things come from within and defile a man." (Mark 7:21-23)

2005/5/2 13:49Profile

Re: Where will the antichrist arise from??

RT, The first time I tried to read your article I was tempted to reply after the first line: "Let there be no mistake that we are living in the last of the last days." But then I read on.

I find some of the parallels you present interesting at least. The Gold cups, purple and scarlet robs etc.

Nevertheless, I still have a serious problem with that first line. As I understand the Revelation there must be a one world currency with people receiving the mark on hand or forehead in order to participate. This is many many years away if it is even ever at all a possibility. There are places in the world with no currency let alone entirely electronic economies. Much of Africa is hundreds of years away from this. People there live on barter economies, largely and have no or little experience with even a cheching account.

How is it that we are living in the last days?

Bubbaguy

2005/5/2 15:33
taco

Re:

Quote:
As I understand the Revelation there must be a one world currency with people receiving the mark on hand or forehead in order to participate.

This is only one, very literalistic, understanding of the 13th chapter of Revelation. The verse following (14:1) speaks of those "having his Father's name written in their foreheads". Very few take that verse literaly.

I think along these lines:- The mark of the beast is the world's stamp on everthing you do (hand) and how you think (forehead). If you don't think and act according to the world you have no part in it (can't buy and sell) ie you won't fit into the system. Those who refuse the worlds ways are those who have the Father's name wrtitten on thier foreheads, following the Lamb where ever he goes.

Wheter this had or will have a more specific aplication, I don't know. But I doubt it has anything to do with microchips inserted into the hand or head.

2005/5/2 15:54Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
Wheter this had or will have a more specific aplication, I don't know. But I doubt it has anything to do with microchips inserted into the hand or head.

taco
incidentally this technology is currently being perfected and tested as we speak so it may well be that people will get microchips inserted in their hands. I heard a rumour that it is being tried out on babies in Europe, not sure how true that is though.

2005/5/2 17:07Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
incidentally this technology is currently being perfected and tested as we speak so it may well be that people will get microchips inserted in their hands.

It could indeed happen. But I would still wonder if that is the correct interpretation of Rev 13:16-18. To me it seems unlikley, I have never understood 14:1 to mean that people will have the Father's name literaly written on their foreheads. I can see no reason to interpret 13:16-18 stone cold literaly but not do the same with Rev 14:1 (or the rest of chapter 14 for that matter).

We have a tendacy to be self centerd, and to think that all these things must refer to stuff that is going on in the news today.

2005/5/2 19:02Profile

Re: Microschips etc..

So this is the wisdom of God that we all been waiting for, by taking this microchip we damn our souls to hell fire. Wow, it takes technology to damn a soul. So what is the mark of the Christian? Kool-Aid stain?

When God marked Cain, what was marked upon him? A microchip?

When the Man who went amongst Israel with the Inkhorn to mark those that were righteous, what was marked upon them?

And is buying and selling bad? Jesus tells us to sell all that we have and give to the poor. He also tells us to buy me of gold tried in the fire. Buy the truth and sell it not.

So when do we slip in and out of reality in the book of Revelation? What is symbolic and what is not? Who says that is symbolic and that is not, who has the authority to know the difference and stand upon that difference and declare it to this generation? If you do, you'll be responsible for teaching something that may be error, are you willing to bear that responsiblity?

Let me put this test out and see, if anyone can show this forum where there is a 7 year tribulation in the scripture, that an antichrist makes a 7 year peace treaty with Israel, please stand up and make your findings known. Please use the KJV for consistancy.

I am speaking to everyone including myself.

2005/5/2 19:02
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Bubbaguy

Bubbaguy,

Quote:
Nevertheless, I still have a serious problem with that first line. As I understand the Revelation there must be a one world currency with people receiving the mark on hand or forehead in order to participate. This is many many years away if it is even ever at all a possibility. There are places in the world with no currency let alone entirely electronic economies. Much of Africa is hundreds of years away from this. People there live on barter economies, largely and have no or little experience with even a cheching account.

How is it that we are living in the last days?

Well to be honest, we must admit that the book of Revelation doesn't say there will be a one world currency. That is a possiblity. It does say that no man will be able to buy or sell unless he has the mark "in" his right hand or forehead.

It was around the year 2001 and I was watching CBN headline news. They feature the world's first "all digital family", the Jacobs family. They were from Florida and all had chip implants in their bodies. I was shocked. Now I know that in the PIM (positive identification microchip) is used for bartabs, the military, and we all know: pets. I hear of this being done elsewhere in the world.

This chip is about the size of a grain of rice. It is not expensive to produce and will be easy to distribute to everyone in the world.

As per your concerns with "barter" societies, this may remain until the coming of the Lord. Of course I expect to be able to barter for something during this time, but this is dealing with the law or pronouncement of the beast. It does include virtually all of the world.

The apostles said that the gospel had reached all of the world in their time, but we assume they meant all of the known world. We don't have any record of the apostle Paul coming to America. (Maybe the Mormons do :-P )

We understand this in a general sense. We certainly hope there will be exceptions. At any rate, this will be the worst tribulation the world has ever seen or will see, as Jesus said.

Hope this helps

2005/5/2 19:06Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: taco

taco,

Quote:
This is only one, very literalistic, understanding of the 13th chapter of Revelation. The verse following (14:1) speaks of those "having his Father's name written in their foreheads". Very few take that verse literaly.

A name being written in the forehead and a "mark" in the forehead are two different things. Anyone can see this with an objective view.

How do you know the Father's name won't be written in some way in their foreheads? You just don't know do you?

But we do know that there will be a mark that will be distinguishable to money changers who will require this for transaction. You really shouldn't dismiss this. We do know there will be some kind of tangible mark. The Scriptures demand it.

Blessings,

RT

2005/5/2 19:12Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: taco

taco,

Quote:
We have a tendacy to be self centerd, and to think that all these things must refer to stuff that is going on in the news today.

Jesus said "Watch" for the signs. (Matt. 24) This is not selfish. It is wisdom. I sure wouldn't want to discourage anyone from watching. We are children of the day. We are not a slumbering church. We must be on the alert.

Way to go, IRONMAN!

Blessings,

RT

2005/5/2 19:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy