SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where will the antichrist arise from??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:The end time past

Chanin wrote:

Quote:
I also used to be very into the end times things.

I am only to a degree, I am not wrapped up in the end time hype, I am allowing the holy Spirit to lead and guide me into all truth, and that is placing scriptures where scriptures ought to be, whether they be in the past or sometime in the future. And I have discovered that much is in the past and what people hold on today is a concoction of voices and verses that don't amount to a hill of beans.

For example Daniel 9:27, "And He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week........". This is speaking about Jesus Christ coming in the final 70th week and confirming the Abrahamic covenant that God gave to him and his descendents.

But today, we have teachers having itching ears who have changed the wording by inserting a "peace treaty". This is how some translations read:

"And he will make a peace treaty with Israel for one week and in the middle of the week he shall break the treaty........"

2005/4/28 15:51

Karl Healing waters

Quote:
The Jews today and of yesterday are NOT the people of God

in all due respect, you're wrong. God doesn't "go back" on what He said. You're a grafted in vine, be thankful for that.

2005/4/28 17:06
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Karl wrote:

Quote:
"Even in troublous times" Please read Ezra and Nehemiah and discover that they went thru much trouble with the inhabitants round about them who also opposed the work.

I hear what you are saying. I see what you are saying. I myself have not been a student of escatology so I cannot teach much on what is to come. The ideas of pre-trib, mid-trib, and post-trib are not clear to me. Throughout Scripture I have seen that God delivers His people, but most times it is not how the people thought it would be.

Yet, the promises God makes to the natural branch and the wild branch, somehow threads its way throughtout Scripture. And of course, the nation of Israel, is once again real according to the flesh.

One thing I know is that the conflicts we see in Scripture are of our own lack of understanding.

Psa. 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
2 Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world...

The word of God lines up and declare the glory of God. Someday we will see as He sees.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/28 17:17Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Healing? Waters and Heavenly? Man

Wow guys. I invited you to read my new article that I spent a considerable time and care writing and you say:

"Who Cares!!" - (Healingwaters and Heavenlyman)

Is this what you mean by "try to be more sensitive" or "have a Christ-like attitude"??? You boys might want to check the huge mote in your eye.

Is this your attempt at "edification"??

You wrote:

Quote:
What knowledge shall we gain by knowing who or what is the antichrist?

Well maybe you should take that question up with Jesus and ask Him why he gave the Olivet discourse recorded in Matt. 24. Maybe you should ask why Paul went to such detail to alert us to who antichrist will be in 2 Thess. 2. Maybe you will want to Ask Daniel why he bothered. Maybe you will want to ask the Lord Jesus why he bothered giving John the Revelation.

Do you insist on resisting the Holy Ghost??? Do you really think that these subjects are never to be dealt with? Does a person have to talk about the every aspect of theology all of the time to apease men such as yourselves?? Is it bad to stick to one subject (I just mean one subject at a time, not only one subject ever) and take scripture expositorily?? This is not about "growing in Christ." If you want to talk about that, do it. But don't accuse me for not talking about it here. That is not what this article is about.

I suppose if I were to post something about marriage you would say, "Will it cause us to be more intimate in Christ and become a better effective soul winner?" (Quote of Healing?waters) And the answer will be no. Not because we aren't interested in soulwinning, but simply because that is not what we are talking about at the present moment. It will, however, cause my relationship to my wife to be better. Yes, this subject has an INDIRECT affect on my relationship with Christ, but so does my understanding of Bible prophecy.

It is evident to all that I am not the one picking a fight. Well, I refuse to fight or attack you guys.

Meat is for the mature. Grow up, boys.

BTW: Thank you so much, Cindy, for your ever so kind comments on the article. You are a blessing. Praise God for your stand for Biblical marriage and God's word.

Blessings,

RT

2005/4/28 18:14Profile
dohzman

Re: Where will the antichrist arise from??

Spain

2005/4/28 22:01Profile

Re: Karl Healing waters

Nielgin wrote:

Quote:
You're a grafted in vine, be thankful for that.

So are the Jews, if you care to read a little bit more it says that God is able to graft the Jews back in as well. So it goes right back to scriptures that says, "There is niether Jew or Gentile, Bond or Free, Male or Female, for we are all ONE in Christ Jesus. There is no seperate class of believers, there is only one Church. Jesus broke down the middle wall of partition.

2005/4/28 23:00

Re:

God love ya Received Text, took your post with shear joy, and laughter. Thanks,

2005/4/28 23:03

Re: Middle wall of partition will not be built again

Rookie wrote:

Quote:
the promises God makes to the natural branch and the wild branch

Rookie thank you for being meek in this matter and not trying to grasp at straws when there are no straws to grasp.

God made many promises to Israel, but she left God and became a harlot. She was married to every nation that came to her.

When Christ came on the scene, He told those Jews who "believed" on Him that they were of their father the devil, they were so backwards in the thinking towards God, they had become a wicked and perverse generation, which seeks for a sign, and the sign was standing in their midst, healing the sick, casting out devils, yet they were blind by their pride, because Jerusalem had reached the zenith of her existance, she was in a golden age. Jesus even said that the axe was laid at the roots of the tree ready to cut her down. All trees that are high and the branches being lofty are cut down. We see this concerning King Nebucaddnezzer.

Romans Ch7 speaks about what Christ did to Israel, Paul is speaking to those who know the Law:

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man."

It is with this that when Christ died He set Israel free from being married to God. After Christ died, she was no longer married to God her connection with God was severed. Even God was set free (that is hard to believe) Isaiah 43:24

"Thou hast bought me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou filled me with the fat of thy sacrifices:[b][color=990000]but thou hast made me to serve with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities.[/color][/b]".

Now I want to say something here regarding Natural Israel, yet everyone is caught up in the idea that God is going to restore natural Israel etc..

Paul says something totally different regarding the Natural Jew. Let the word speak for itself:

Romans 9:6

6 "........For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

Those who walk after the Spirit are counted for the seed. The flesh profiteth nothing.

Remember what Christ said to the those Jews who believed on Him, He said "you are of your father the devil". Not all Israel is of Israel. The true Israel of God is the new creation in Christ Jesus.

Galations 6:15

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God"

The true Jew is one inwardly, he is counted for the seed.

Don't let anyone call us Gentiles, we are true Jews inwardly. Outwardly is the flesh, and the Angel told John not to measure the outer court, it's not included in the Jerusalem which is above, without that city is all manners of the workings of the flesh. Revelation 22:15

2005/4/28 23:45
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br Karl wrote:

Quote:
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man."

It is with this that when Christ died He set Israel free from being married to God. After Christ died, she was no longer married to God her connection with God was severed. Even God was set free (that is hard to believe) Isaiah 43:24

I do not see this Scripture in the same light as you. The Law still condemns all men today. The Law of God has always existed. Paul is teaching in Romans 7 about a believer who still follows the old man. Chapter 7 is devoted to revealing to us that we cannot continue to follow the old man. If we continue in the old ways, we are living in an adulterous relationship with God. There is nothing good in the flesh. Yet what is the solution? We are called to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. If we submit to His leading, the old man dies and we no longer live in an adulterous relationship with our Lord.

Paul teaches that one can be a babe in Christ an not understand the leading of the Spirit. See 1 Corinthians 2 and 3.

Paul in 3:1, "And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to [b]spiritual[/b] people but as to [b]carnal[/b], as to [b]babes in Christ[/b]. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for [b]until now you were not able to receive it[/b] and even [b]now[/b] you are still not able, for you are [b]still carnal[/b].

God has always sought to free His people from the bondage of sin. Only by grace through faith can anyone enter into a relationship where Jesus sets men free from the bondage of the flesh.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/29 11:39Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br RT,

Sorry for my quick response. I will read what you have offered.

In Christ
jeff

2005/4/29 11:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy