SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : I'm saved, but i'm human?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

I'm saved, but i'm human?

I’m sure you’ve heard someone say, “I’m saved, but I’m human.” This statement is often made to soften the expectations of others. It’s a way of letting others know that we are not perfect and do not have it all together.

It is important to note that all humanity is flawed in some way. Because of this, there will always be areas in our life that need improvement. A problem occurs however, when professing Christians began to use this statement as a crutch for their reoccurring sin.

No, you don’t stop becoming human when you get saved; but, when you do get saved, human weakness is met with divine empowerment. The two are infused together so that the weak can say, “I am strong!”

Romans 6:14 informs us that sin will not have the mastery over us because of grace. Imagine that – a grace that actually frees men and women from the grip of sin. A revolutionary concept! A revolutionary reality!

Because of grace, we are no longer allowed to use our humanity as an excuse for continual failure or repetitious sinning. The shed blood of Jesus has broken the power of sin. This is what it means to be saved. As is written, “He will save His people from their sins” (Mt 1:21).

The truth is, we are both saved and human, but also empowered to live a life that honors and glorifies Jesus. This power is promised to all who are born from above.

If reoccurring sin and failure seem to be a normal occurence in your life, you must take this matter seriously. You must take this matter before the Lord in earnest prayer. Ask the Lord to make His promise of salvation from sin a reality in your life.

He who has promised will not fail to keep His Word.

2015/2/17 17:43Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: Saved, but human?

Sometimes I think we are people who prefer our relaxed lifestyles. We are under enough stresses each and every day. The thought of adding self discipline into our lives isn't something we much enjoy doing.

The problem comes when through the lack of decent preaching we aren't made aware of how to find peace with God.
It seems like some preachers themselves aren't experiencing the freedom that comes through the discipline of obeying and following the lords promptings of putting to death their wrong ways and thought life.

The life of peace that our flesh tries to reach through human ideals is a myth and doesn't truly exist and wont be attained. Because real peace can only be given by God. He will alter the circumstances of your life to allow peace to break in. Going into the woods to find peace may last for a short while but that is human peace and not the peace that passes understanding which we can have through self disciplining and obeying in a relationship with God.

I do recall when I passed my driving test in England. I was alert for the whole test and passed first time. But because of that I rested and driving quickly became a thing of relaxation .... that was until the first 3 weeks, after which I caused a traffic accident and wrecked someones brand new car.
I knew then I was a lazy minded individual that would now have to remain alert all the time I drove. That made me really unhappy.

Christians are like this. We don't want to leave our life of trying to seek human peace and peaceful places.
We haven't yet realized that God is the only living source of true peace, and can bring real lasting peace into our life when we discipline ourselves, to overcome and follow him. That is real peace when God even changes our dreams at night so that we will have rest because we are following him and his will for our life in our day time.

Isaiah 26 v 3 :
Lord, you will keep in perfect peace whos mind is stayed on thee.

I'm not a know it all, I'm learning. Not meaning to cause grief to people just wanting others to know the relationship that they want can be truly established.

2015/2/18 12:47Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

Thanks for the reply!

2015/2/22 21:47Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Romans 6:14 informs us that sin will not have the mastery over us because of grace. Imagine that – a grace that actually frees men and women from the grip of sin. A revolutionary concept! A revolutionary reality!

I alluded to the same line of thinking in another thread.

Quote: My definition: Sin is lawlessness, Sin (lawlessness) should not reign in our mortal body.

Which is taking the idea from Rom 6:12 Let not Sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Quote: If reoccurring sin and failure seem to be a normal occurrence in your life, you must take this matter seriously.

The concept behind my statement was more “Sin” as in singular referring to the powerful nature of Sin, which produces the lust that conceives sins, which I also believe Rom 6:14 is addressing as it refers to it not having mastery over you, meaning you are no longer a slave to that Sin, while I think your concept is sins as in the sinful deeds produced by that Sin.

However I like how you picked up on the idea of grace, to be honest I hadn’t seen that before, so I am blessed to find it, and it follows on what the Holy Spirit has been highlighting to me these past couple of days, anyway that my thoughts for the time being.

2015/2/23 2:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy