SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Blind Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Blind Faith

Blind Faith

"Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging.And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called.
Then they called the blind man, saying to him, “Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you.”
And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus.
So Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?”
The blind man said to Him, “Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.”
Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road."(Mark 10:26-52)

Where do we see his faith?He only made two statements.
“Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” (Twice or more)

“Rabboni,(master or lord) that I may receive my sight.”

By his first statement and kept repeating it,showed that he knew who Jesus was (Savior,King,Messiah) and he knew that He showed mercy.Being blind he couldn't have seen anything Jesus had done and had only heard about it,but he was ready when he heard that Jesus was present.He might have been blind physically but not spiritually.Others had seen and heard what Jesus had said and done but still didn't recognize Him for who He was.
This first statement by Bartimaeus is what caught Jesus's attention and He stopped and told them to call him.When Bartimaeus heard that,he didn't waste anytime coming to Jesus.He didn't even want his garment to slow him down.It didn't bother him what he looked like when he got to Jesus.Mantle thrown off,jumping to his feet,he comes or maybe runs to Jesus,though blind,he needs no guide,led by his ear.
The word "rose" which is used to describe his reaction when he heard that Jesus is calling him seems to indicate in a quick action wheras the word "rise",the instruction the people gave him means to arouse yourself as if getting up from sleeping,a slower action.
Up until this time he hadn't asked anything specific of Jesus,just that He would show him mercy.Then he makes the second statement.There with great reverence he asks if he might receive his sight.The Greek word for "receive"is "anablepo"and means to "recover"which would indicate that he had his sight at one time.This could help to understand how he knew who Jesus was.Just maybe he had read the Word at sometime,just a thought,but it doesn't matter,the point is that he knew who Jesus was and He would show him mercy and heal him if He so desired.This was his faith.Bartimaeus knew who He was and what He could do.Could we say "blind faith"?
Now he could see his Savior,King,Messiah face to face.
Just keeping in mind "Who"Jesus is and "What" He has done and"What"He wants to do now and "What" He is going to do future should be all we need for our faith to remain strong and I might add,that this day we could see our Savior,King,Messiah face to face.

PERHAPS TODAY

2015/2/17 8:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy