SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : turn my head with eyes & mouth shut

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
4gvn-or-4gtn

turn my head with eyes & mouth shut

Do I close my eyes , turn my head and keep my mouth shut?

Unfortunately I am not a Christian.
(how I long to be a child of the Lord Christ Jesus and be His)
As a non-Christian I have no right to tell what a Christian can and cannot do.
I also do not have the right to correct a Christian.

How do I ignore what is in my heart? My heart is telling me to help a Christian. He needs to be corrected.

He needs to be corrected by another Christian. I will not be taken seriously.
Instead I will be rebuked and chastised for saying anything. Then I will be reminded of the things my past behavior has done and be rebuked and chastised for things from the past.

Being rebuked , chastised, belittled and being told I am accursed is horrible.

So do I remain quiet and ignore the guilt I feel for not saying anything.

Or do I say something knowing my past will be mentioned and I will be squished like a bug on a windshield.

2015/2/16 22:37Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: turn my head with eyes & mouth shut

4g, you are a confusing poster, which seems to reflect spiritual turmoil in your own soul. Why do you bring it here?

Interesting that you say you are not a Christian despite a wish so to be. Do you believe faith in Christ comes to you in the mail? A package from FedEx that was supposed to come to you but inadvertently went to someone else??

God gives you His law and his mercy, His conviction in your conscience and the blood of His Son for your redemption. But He does not give you a relationship you do not want. If you are not a Christian it is because you do not agree with His terms, do not acknowledge your rebellion, and consequently do not see the need of a Savior. Otherwise you would weep at His feet, get your heart exposed and cleaned, and see Jesus move from the annals of history into the fondest place in your heart.

Just some observations and a couple quick thoughts. You see, even though I am a Christian, I have no authority to tell you or anyone else what to do. I shall not attempt to exceed the ministry model of Jesus who led by example, confronted foolishness, marvelled at faith, gave human witness to the love of God, served the lowly and weak, confounded His opposition, transformed every spiritual dimension, and never forced a single soul to believe His Word.

Why hang around the edge? Why do you tell us you do not believe? And do you think that we who do believe are daft?

You are as precious to the heart of God as anyone else including the One known as His beloved Son. Has someone tricked you into believing you are not loved by God, unworthy of Christ's redeeming reach?

Bring it! We are not here to tell you what to do, only to illumine the work Christ has already performed in our lives thus far. The real assurance of your arrival in the arms of God will come directly from His Spirit to yours.

Time to turn your face toward Heaven and start asking the questions.

2015/2/17 1:24Profile
4gvn-or-4gtn

Re:

@ sidewalk.....
pardon me. i am sorry for bothering you.
yes, i am confused, I never stated otherwise. Yes, I am struggling in regards with my hope, faith and spiritually my battles increase.

When I feel too overwhelmed, I visit sermon index to help me remember God's Word and promises . If it wasnt for sermon index I wouldnt be able to hold on the what little hope and faith I have.

i apologize for wasting your time and others.

I do not want to cause problems.

apparently i was wrong to come here.

by the way you asked me:

Why do you tell us you do not believe? I Have NEVER stated "I DO NOT BELIEVE" in ANY of my posts OR comments

And do you think that we who do believe are daft?
I have NEVER stated or implied that I think believers are foolish in anyway in ANY of my posts OR comments

I (do not wish to contend and argue with anyone.
I visit sermon index because it is , or was, the ONLY PLACE I felt welcome.

i was wrong. I am sorry.

ginnyrose, maryjane and JesusisGod have been very helpful to me in many ways.
ladies- forgive me .
i failed

2015/2/17 2:02Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Hi 4gvn, when people are confronted they can retaliate in a wrong way,
we are told in a few different places in the Bible to rebuke someone. It can be a loving thing to do when it's done right. I would say that a lot of the bad ways people retaliate is because they take it as rejection and not that we are trying to help them. Would be good to ply them with lots of love before hand.

Matthew 18:15-17 says

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

Sometimes biblical principals are good models for non Christians to work with.
A lot of laws in many countries were once taken from Biblical texts. Because of the soundness and wisdom that is in them.

Hope you feel that you want to stay around on here.

2015/2/17 9:53Profile

Re: 4gvn-or-4gtn

4gvn-or-4gtn

You are welcome here.

You have been lied to.

The proof of that is that you still have a true hunger for God.

This hunger is the result of His Love to you.
This proves that what you were told was a lie.

You can go the the THRONE OF GRACE because of what Christ has done for you.

Why not do it now?

2015/2/17 11:09
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Not the only one confused...

4gvn, please don't think of my comments as a personal attack, rather a shout out from my unique personality to yours- and I of course know nothing about you! Your profile identifies you as human- but little else. I am shooting into the dark!

Just as the healings Jesus performed in the New Testament defy a rigid formula, so also the conditions and circumstances that bring individuals to Christ are as different as the personalities involved. We all hear different drummers, respond to different pokings of the Holy Spirit, even find comfort and fellowship while believing different doctrines! There is a lot of that here on Sermon Index!

You are more than welcome here, but as different as we are you will receive both gentleness and some tough love. Would you really want it any other way? I have always liked the old saying, "A good word comforts the afflicted and afflicts the comfortable."

Some of the best moments in my life have been when a strong voice has come through a person with the Holy Spirit- cutting away some veil that had me blind- helping me see what I needed to see.

At other times, some have let me know that I am loved unconditionally no matter how far from perfect I am. Knowing that you are loved is the deepest and most precious thing any human can have!

You have cited some wonderful people whom you have met here, people who would be quick to say they are not perfect but have received good things from God. They have believed the words of Jesus, taken in of His Spirit, and reflected His light back to you. To me, too- the love they post is real.

So hang in there! You are in a unique position to receive deep and sound advice from people who love God and love His word.

And please accept my apologies if my earlier post was taken as a rebuke, none was intended. As the scripture says, "Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness!"

And with the others, I am glad you are here!

2015/2/17 11:10Profile
TMK

NC, USA

4givn wrote:

"Unfortunately I am not a Christian.
(how I long to be a child of the Lord Christ Jesus and be His)"

This is the confusing statement. It is also a tad frustrating.

Very few non-Christians "long to be a child of the Lord Jesus Christ and be His."

What makes you say you are not a Christian? If you truly want to be, why aren't you?

2015/2/17 12:04Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

4gvn-or-4gtn,

Here is a simple document on the Good News of Jesus Christ for you to consider this free gift of Eternal Life, knowing the person of Jesus Christ.

PREACHING THE GOOD NEWS
http://gfel.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/11_Principle10.pdf

2015/2/17 12:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

4-gtn (or are you John?)

You see a Christian who needs to be rebuked...go ahead and do it! If you are not a Christian you might tell him so. See what happens...would love to know that.

Honesty is the best policy. Forget about "how to win friends and influence people" or being politically correct.

Moderns have allowed themselves to take offense when someone challenges them, unlike previous generations. Suggest it is because no one ever crossed their path before...or in plain language have not been spanked enough when a child.

Take care and know the knocking you hear has eternal ramifications.

Sandra aka ginnyrose

2015/2/17 16:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy