SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Don't Go Neutral

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Don't Go Neutral

I was listening to a Duke Downs sermon this week titled "Overcoming Our Patmos" and was struck by his comments about the need to not "go neutral" in these dark times. I quote(not verbatim)a portion of that message;

I've been tempted many times to just go neutral, I wouldn't be exaggerating to tell you that 90% of the churches in America have either gone neutral or silent. Why? They don't want to ruffle no feathers, they teach us to tolerate anything, they don't teach us absolutes. Just take it easy.

But when I read that John was on the isle of Patmos because he wasn't afraid to tell the truth then I see that he didn't give in to self-pity or despair and the temptation to just be neutral.

There are times that we look at our situation as if the whole world is on fire and I'm trying to put it out with a fire hose. It is then that we can get overwhelmed by self-pity and despair. Because we feel that we can't do much about circumstances, some of us refuse to do anything at all. This is a fatal surrender saint, that you and I cannot afford to give in to.

In Christ,

2015/2/14 10:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy