SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What God Might Say to Atheist Stephen Fry- Dr. Michael L. Brown

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I'm not defending my view of God. It's not my job to convince you of what scriptural clearly states. John 3:16 is a simple example.

I'm frustrated when the people of God think it's okay to be a rude, insensitive, and *totally* out of place. The church isn't called to judge the world. We are called to judge the church, which is what I'm trying to do. I've even reached out to him. Sure, he won't respond but hey, I did reach out.

I took a few moments and read Ray Comfort's response. I liked his *a lot* more but it's not perfect. Since Dr. Brown is an active contributor to Charisma Mag, I'm sure his response will go further than Mr. Comfort's response. Which adds to my frustration.

My frustration has settled since my original qualm/reply to this friend. Partly because I know God, as shown in Revelation, that He can wipe away ministries. The seven churches, we have nothing left of them, nothing. I will continue to pray for Dr. Brown but I think he is going into a perverted territory with his rhetoric. Perverted by the lack of character of Christ coming out within his words. I'm not saying I'm the example, God forbid. Jesus is that example. But we have a greater responsibility since we've went from darkness to light.

Finally, I'm started to experience, maybe even realize, the words of Jesus in the parable of wineskins (Matthew 9:14-17, Mark 2:21-22 and Luke 5:33-39) that you just have to start over. It's tough to change the hearts/minds of people stuck in their own ways, so, start over, it's more useful and valuable of your time. I look forward to the day that God opens those doors.

2015/2/13 18:18
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I can understand the objection

Really? How so? The objection is based on the premise that unjustified evil exists. If God exists, and He is omnipotent, omniscient, and benevolent, can you prove that unjustified evil exists?

You see, the argument can work both ways.

2015/2/13 19:06Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

LMH, So tell me I'm wrong about my thoughts of you. Be 'Frank' with me!

2015/2/13 19:14Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I'm frustrated when the people of God think it's okay to be a rude, insensitive, and *totally* out of place. The church isn't called to judge the world.

This excuse will not relieve us of our responsibility to speak the truth to a lost world.

For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

2015/2/13 19:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
This excuse will not relieve us of our responsibility to speak the truth to a lost world.

No. That's a false belief. We are called to bring people to Jesus. To preach the gospel/good news. The gospel isn't a doctrine/principle, it's a person or better said, it's Jesus Christ who is God.

2015/2/13 19:48
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Paul had a thought about the need to reprove

"He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it."

May I encourage you to compare your own understanding of the need for public reproof of unbelievers to those of Paul.

makrothumia

2015/2/14 9:37Profile

Re:

"Darkness can't comprehend light"...

2015/2/14 15:06
mattf12486

Re:

Christ still spoke to the masses, whether they could comprehend it or not. All of us, at one time or another, were in darkness. Should God have left us alone in our darkness? No, Christ left his throne and came down to us! The Holy Spirit opened our hearts to the truth of His word and thank God people were and are still sharing his Word! Faith comes by hearing and hearing from the Word of God. How will the lost hear?

2015/2/14 15:26Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

I think pretty much everyone here agrees that it is right to respond to a public denegegration of God in such a way as Dr Brown did. If it's in Charisma magazine then I doubt Stephen Fry will read anyway, but it willl serve to help those young Christians who may be stumbled by such things. So.......let's move on!

Getting back to TMK's original point, where he stated that he 'understood the objection' made by Fry and 'Did not think there was a satisfactory human answer'. Well God has an answer. Read Job ch. 38 to 42 and you will see how God answered Job on this issue. Dr Brown gave quite a good summary of what God says there.

2015/2/14 16:06Profile

Re:

Say what you want. Believe whatever you want. But the Jesus of the gospel, based on the gospel, wouldn't speak like Dr. Brown to Mr. Fry. And that's my point.

2015/2/14 16:57

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy