SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Speaking the truth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Speaking the truth

I'm writing this to hopefully persuade you and if not, well, I do it for my personal betterment because this is a reoccurring issue within the Church and I'd like to refine my voice and heart on this matter, so I can practice what I teach.

I prefer to start with the verse than relay my perspective on the matter.

Quote:
Eph. 4:15 (NASB) but [a]speaking the truth in love, [b]we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,

I honestly don't know how to convey this via social media (a public online forum) but I will struggle to do my best.

For starters, the greek word for 'love' is the same used in 1 Cor. 13 (ref: Strong's G26). and 'grow up' is used in a very natural sense like a tree will grow, a child will grow, it's natural to grow (ref: Strong's G837).

Based on this entire chapter, Paul is giving some life changing advice to the Church.

Eph. 4:17-20 are encouraging the believer to 'not walk in the futility of their mind', 'became callous', 'for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness'.

Eph. 4:22-24 speak of 'lay aside the old self', 'speak truth each one of you with his neighbor', 'for we are members of one another'.

Eph. 4:26-32 speak of practical matters 'be angry yet do not sin', 'he who steals must no longer steal, performing with his own hands what is good', and 'let no unwholesome word proceed from you mouth', 'so that it will give grace to those who hear', 'don't grieve the Holy Spirit', 'let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, slander be put away', 'be kind to one another, tender-hearted', finally 'just as God in Christ also has forgiven'.

So, after some prayer, I feel God prompting me to stop with my desire to expound on this. I set out to write an article but now I feel God set out for me to write scripture. Be blessed by His word.

2015/2/11 14:30

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy