SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Musical Jesus Christ Superstar

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
staff

Musical Jesus Christ Superstar

Hi All
Just wondering what people thought about this musical from a theological standpoint?If you have seen it.I just remember the one song that sticks in the mind
Yours Staff

2015/2/10 20:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Musical Jesus Christ Superstar

There are some hard things said in this article but I can say from watching part of it, it is not preaching the Gospel and not representing our Lord well.

Jesus Christ Superstar - Free Presbyterian Church
http://www.freepres.org/pamphlet_details.asp?superstar

2015/2/10 22:27Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Musical Jesus Christ Superstar

Well as it originated in the UK, I'll contibute some thoughts.

It was written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, who would not consider themselves bible believing Christians. Anything written by the world for the world's entertainment will not be true to the gospel message. It is not something that would edify a Christian.

That said, God can use anything to speak to someone who is searching. My wife went to see this in the late 1970s (as a young person) before she was a Christian and it caused her to question the friend she was with "Do you think there is a God?". Unfortunately she told her to "stop being stupid!" It brought to the surface my wife's desire to want to know if there was a God, although it was around 5 years later that she would come to know the Lord as Savior.

So my conclusion is it is not something I would recommend to anyone, even though God can use such things in His sovereign purpose.

2015/2/11 15:47Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Heydave Thanks for your reply Interesting that someone would be motivated to go to all that trouble when you dont believe!Its like the Atheist Preaching about Atheism,The very fact that he is doing it shows that he knows hes wrong.
yours Staff

2015/2/11 19:47Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Greg,
Thank you for the link,Very Good Pamplet,
Hope you and your family are keeping well,
Yours Staff

2015/2/11 19:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy