Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Holiest of All (1) - Andrew Murray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Holiest of All (1) - Andrew Murray

Meditations on the book of Hebrews taken from the book by Andrew Murray: [i]Holiest of All[/i]. / Buy it from Amazon.com

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/holiest.gif[/img]

1. What trouble people take to learn a foriegn language, to have access to its writers. Let no trouble be too great to understand the language of God, His Word, His Son. To learn a foreign language I get someon who knows it to teach me. The language of God is heavenly, spiritual, supernatural- altogether divine; only the Holy Spirit can teach me to understand it, to think God's own thoughts. Let me take Him as my teacher.

2. "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him." As personally and directly, even more wonderfully and effectually, will God speak to me in His Son; but deep, holy reverence, and an intense desire to know what God says, must be the spirit in which I study the Epistle and hearken to the blessed Son.

3. "Heavenly truth is nowhere spoken but by the voice of Christ, nor heard but by the power of Christ, living in the hearer." "He that is of God heareth God's words." It is only he who yields himself to the new nature who can truly know what God's speaking in Christ is.

4. During Christ's life the word of God was thrice heard. Each time it was: "This is My beloved Son: hear Him." "I have glorified Him." Let us allow God to speak this one word into our hearts- My beloved Son. O my God! speak to me in Thy Son. Oh, speak that one word out of the depth of Thy heart into the depth of my heart.

2005/4/27 18:27Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Holiest of All (1) - Andrew Murray

1. Let none of us rest content with the lower stage. Let us see that personal fellowship with God, through the Holy Spirit, is what Christ gives. God calls us to it: Christ lives in heaven to work it, through the Spirit He gives from heaven.

2. One may know much of the Bible and the words of God, and yet remain feeble. What one needs is to know the living Word, in whom God speaks within, in life and power.

3. All the prophets point ot the Son, as the true Prophet. Let us take them very definetly as our teachers, to reveal God in us.

4. When I speak a word, I desire all its meaning and force to enter into him whom I address. God has in these last days but one Word. He desires to have all that Word is and means to enter in and live in us. Let us open our hearts, and God will speak into it that one Word, This is My Son, in such a way that He will indeed be all our own.

2005/4/28 16:22Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

1. "No man knoweht the Son, save the Father, neither doth any know the Father save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son willeth to reveal him." How dependant we are on the Father to know the Son; on the Son to know the Father. Let us acknowledge this dependence in deep humility, and believe and wait in meekness of soul for the divine revealing.

2. There are times when there arises in the soul a deep longing to know God. External teaching does not satisfy. Treasure such longing as God's loving drawing. Turn from the world in stillness of soul, and exercise faith in the secret power that Jesus can exert in the heart. Become a disciple of Jesus, one who follows Him and learns of Him.

3. O Thou who art Heir, Creator, Upholder of all, the brightness of the Father's glory, the express image of His substance, -O my Lord Jesus, reveal the Father to me, that I may know that God speaks to me.

2005/4/28 18:33Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"What a solemn thing the Christian life is, the race for life we have to run! With dangers we are surrounded! Our daily needs and our daily food may be our destruction. It was eating that lost Esau his birthright. I was eating that lost Adam and his seed the kingdom of God. It was in [b]refusing[/b] to eat, when Satan tempted Him in the wilderness, that Jesus won back heaven for us."
-Andrew Murray

2005/5/2 18:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy