SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What's your favorite song based on Scripture?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

What's your favorite song based on Scripture?

I got the idea to post this new topic from this forum:[url=http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-2355.html]CGR (Christian Guitar Resources) Community[/url] .

I was putting music from a burned CD onto my iTunes and was trying to figure out the name of a certain song, the artist and the album. Oh man... was it difficult to find the information! After many different Internet searches, I finally discovered that my favorite song on this CD my friend burned for me awhile ago was titled "Water" from [url=http://www.grassrootsmusic.com/artist/brouwer/brouwer1]Matt Brouwer[/url] and was [i]in fact[/i] based on Psalm 63! I can't believe how many Psalms we listen to or sing in church, and don't even realize it! On top of that... think about how many Christian songs we listen to over and over again and discover later, to our excitement, that it's straight from Scripture!

So... I thought it would be a fun idea, and hopefully edifying, if we each posted what our favorite Christian songs were based on Scripture.

2005/4/27 18:03Profile
arielle

usa

Re: What's your favorite song based on Scripture?

[b]hosea[/b]
shane barnard

come let us return
He has torn us into pieces
He has injured us
come let us return to the Lord
He will heal us
He will bandage our wounds
in just a short time He'll restore us
in just a short time He'll restore His church
so we might live
we might live in His presence
in His presence

oh that we might know the Lord...
let us press on to know Him
let us press hard into Him
then as surely as the coming of the dawn
He will respond

"oh, that we might know the LORD! Let us press on to know him! Then he will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring" hosea 6:3

2005/4/27 19:03Profile
Tears_of_joy

Hi sister, I have two songs by Andrea Blair, Psalm 23 and Psalm 42. Awesome songs, just a voice and acoustic guitar.
The melody of Psalm 23 is the same as the melody from "The Lord is my shepherd" by Keith Green, but this version according to me is much better.
One sister gave me the songs and I think are downloaded for free from www.mp3.com, but the songs are not there anymore, neither singer.
It is strange why I can't find anything on internet about this sister,Andrea Blair-wonderful voice.

If someone wants the songs I can send them via e-mail or something, just write me PM or e-mail.

2005/4/27 19:08Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

I will have to check those artists out. Thanks for sharing.

2005/4/27 20:47Profile

My favorite song is from Hosanna Integrity entitled,

"Blessed is the man"

James 1:12

Blessed is the man, that endureth temptation,
for when he's been approved, he shall receive the crown of life, which the LORD has promised, to those who love Him.........Blessed is the man.

2005/4/27 21:09
dohzman

It was just a psalm I used to hear over 20 years ago in a church I attended In Indy Ind. , it was from 1Chron 29:11. Even now 20 years latter when I reflect on it, it seems as if I could hear angels singing along with the congregation and the sound and melody are still fresh in my memory to this very day. Makes me long for heaven. Blessings, Bro. Daryl

2005/4/27 22:19Profile
Compton

Re: favorite song

I always come back to the Hymn "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus". It so earnestly captures Hebrews 12 and Phillipians 33-7. I think if I could just manage these two passages I would be doing great.

This song is special to me for one other reason. I wrote an instrumental arrangement of it that was performed as my bride came down the wedding aisle to meet me at the altar 14 years ago!

Blessings

MC

2005/4/28 0:12Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Quote:
Yodi wrote

So... I thought it would be a fun idea, and hopefully edifying, if we each posted what our favorite Christian songs were based on Scripture.

i had this kind of post in my mind also, and i was planning to make it today :-)

well that's a hard question, but i have many favorite songs.

so i give you 2 of many, and you can download them from my site

the first one is [url=http://www.members.lycos.nl/vermeulenweb/DISCIPLE]Disciple - One More Time[/url] (when you opened this link, right click on the mp3 or txt file and then "save target as")

the second is Casting Crowns - Who Am I

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

Chorus:
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours

---

Song based on Psalms 52 and 139 and Ephesians 2

you can check out their website and hear some samples [url=http://www.castingcrowns.com]Casting Crowns[/url]

(and if you want a mp3 of them just PM me;-))

2005/4/28 4:52Profile
wsbg

Earth

My favorite song is [b]Eowyn's "Take Me Away."[/b] You can hear the full song for free by going to www.eowynmusic.com and going to Skip Intro -> Sneak Peak -> Music. The song plays in the background in a high-quality loop via QuickTime or something. The song is about being born again and the difference in life before and after conversion. It's a nice rock song. If you're on a dial-up connection you might have to wait a bit for the song to get playing. It's well worth the wait though.

:-D

2005/4/28 10:25Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

I have an iPod mini now and it's been such a blessing listening to edifying worship, hymns and Christian music. It's almost like having my own private radio station.

Some lines in a song I heard from Jennifer Knapp this morning, [url=http://www.mp3.com/tracks/2223400/dl_streams.html]All Consuming Fire[/url] are still playing in my head,

"Alpha and Omega, Prince of Peace, Oh my King of Kings, the Great I Am, Jehovah Jireh who cares for me. The Holy One, the Holy Father of the Blessed Trinity, All Consuming Fire burn in me..."

I think that's a whole bunch of Scriptures put into a couple lines. So I can't reference them all. I definitely love that our God is an all consuming fire.

Another one I like, which I heard on my iPod yesterday, was "Blessed Be Your Name" by [url=http://tree63.com/_v4/]Tree63[/url]. I know a part of the lyrics,

"You give and take away. You give and take away. My heart will [i]choose[/i] to say, 'Blessed be Your name!'"

is from Job 1:21. What a verse to apply. I've been contemplating the lyrics to that song. Right now, when things are going so well, will I [i]choose[/i] to continue to bless God's name when trials and difficulties come? I hope so. That's my desire.

2005/4/28 12:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy