SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Nothing Left To Do But Refuse To Obey

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

I posted this also on the other thread about immorality in the church, but I think it is also relevant here.

Jesus said this to the church at Thyatira.....

"Nevertheless I have a few things against you,
because you allow that woman Jezebel,who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols."

Jesus said he has things against those in the church, NOT because they are practicing immorality, but because they ALLOW others to teach it is OK.

I would be very concerned that any would put themselves in a position of conflict with the Lord Jesus Christ, where He is against you because you would agree with or even vote for this type of freedom! You have much more to lose here than earthly riches or lifestyle, you are in danger of losing your soul.

2015/2/5 7:14Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

LMH, my practice is primarily criminal defense.

I want to go to the first part of what you said.
"I think the world can do what the world wants to do." That would be philosophical, but really it is not. People are going to do what they want. That is our great problem. We want. We want to do what want to do (lust of the flesh), we want to have what we want to have (lust of the eyes) and we want to be what we want to be (pride of life). These things are of the world, indeed.

"I'm all for it." Not sure what you mean. "For" as in in favor of? "For" as in "let it be"? Either way, there is an implicit risk of error. I understand the "let it be" impulse since we are not called to prevent the order of this age from doing what it does, but we are called to sound the gospel to them. That does not include political activity as a means of advancing the gospel; in fact, politics can only corrupt it. But, there is a fatalism in "let it be" that is opposed to the gospel, and the gospel itself demands of us who believe that we stand in the middle of a lost world and say "Repent and obey the gospel of Christ." Of course, if your "for" means "in favor of" we are in a whole different arena and I would say to you, you know... "Repent."

2015/2/5 7:37Profile

Re:

Thanks for your response Tim but I think my questions were missed. Let me repeat them, I'd be interested in seeing your responses to these.

Quote:
How will you deal change because it's inevitable (imho)? Will you be able to change you emphasis/practice? How long will that take? If you changed careers, how will you manage that?

2015/2/5 13:38
dolfan

Re:

LMH

I have already stated how I will deal with it if I have to. I won't do a homosexual divorce. I could quit doing divorces altogether, and my practice is primarily criminal defense, as I said. If I had to change careers? Do not know. We'll see, won't we? 😀 I can run a soft drink route, run a convenience store, deliver furniture and appliances and run a rent to own store. 30 years ago I sold car parts. I can do something.

I know a lawyer who got disbarred and convicted for stealing, and wound up deboning chickens in a poultry plant. I know another one who got disbarred after he hooked up with a client who was a ...ummmm.....dancer and got hooked on crack cocaine and lost his whole family. He is working somewhere.

Or, maybe I wind up in a cell. It has happened to better people than me.

2015/2/5 15:10Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Dolfan been reading your stories with interest... Why don't you go work for the christian legal centre rather than wait to get de-barred.

http://www.christianconcern.com/christian-legal-centre.

I plan to go and visit with them, to find the best way to set up a "church/christian organisation" in legal manner that will best defend it from interference from government bodies. Don't like the idea of charity status as I think it may open the door for unwanted interference from the government bodies that control charities.

http://www.christianconcern.com/sites/default/files/equalityprovision%20of%20service-proof.pdf

Edit - Dolfan got you mixed up with Heydave... however there must be an American equivalent to the Christian legal centre...

2015/2/6 5:16Profile
dolfan

Re:

There are a few. ACLJ. Christian Law Center. Alliance Defending Freedom. Others.

None have offices in my neck of the woods. I live in north Alabama and plan on being here I guess.

2015/2/6 12:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Tim, you could do elder law - society is crowded with ageing baby boomers...:-) Not much money in it? Maybe if you decided a Chrysler would suffice instead of...

This leads me to an issue I was discussing with another sister. We were talking about ministries owning/operating thrift stores to finance their operations. Many of them sell items we would not buy or use ourselves - talking about clothing.

I asked this lady, how would you feel if we were to sell tobacco at our store? What is the difference?

Get my point? Yet, one must be fully persuaded in his own mind....Romans 14:5.

God bless.

2015/2/8 15:39Profile
dolfan

Re:

Ginny

I do a little elder law too.

I drive a 2005 Vibe with 290000 miles on it.

My life is the opposite of extravagant. :)

Not sure I get the point on the thrift store and tobacco.

2015/2/8 17:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy