Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The dangers of television

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

Well, I Love God and have been called, wonder if my TV could work for the good? According to what God say's above looks that way, so I will continue to watch it and look for the good because there "IS" a lot of good on the tube "IF" you know how to turn channels. :-)

2005/5/3 10:09Profile

Re: MrBillPro

With all due respect, sir, I am reminded of what Jesus once told the pharasees. He told them that because they saw, they were yet blind. Had they been blind, they would see. Somehow, it seems to me that this applies here. I let the Holy Spirit take it from there.

Preachers and people alike cry they are much too busy to pray and seek God's face. Yet they do find time to do those things they really want to do, be watch tv, play golf, or whatever. Does this not seem odd to you sir? How many souls can you win watching tv? Is watching tv the best stewardship you can provide with the gift of time God has blessed you with? Does tv satisfy your innerman more than fellowship with God?

2005/5/3 10:16
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well, TV in my opinion is just another vehicle to get the message out to the lost, and how many ministries would go under if they did not get the exposure of the TV? and what would Benny do for a living? and I would just imagine that the pastors that would vote that the TV was a bad idea to be watching it, will not be the televangelist or TV pastor now would it? I feel if Satan would be working on the TV it would be to shut it down to keep the message from getting out, you can point to Satan in almost anything that you want and he likes that, he looks at that as job security, and that is why God gave us all a free will because some can learn and benefit from the same things that some can't because of there ability to overcome bad with good like changing the channel, personally I feel you shut down all the TV's there will be a lot of folks going to Hell!

2005/5/3 10:36Profile

Re: MrBillPro

I respect your viewpoint, sir, I really do. As for so called "christian tv", please let me refer you to Acts 17:11 and ask that you head Paul's adomonition here, and search the scriptures daily to see if "these things be so". I trust that if you would do this, sir, you will find that most of what is paraded as "christian tv" is nothing more than man building his own kingdom and the wisdom and talent of man substituted for the supernatural power of God. If the church would do it's job and live the life of Christ before their neighbor, in deed as well as word, there would be no need for televangelists. The great Ghandi of India said that if Christians would live like the bible teaches, India would be converted in just one day.

2005/5/3 10:42
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

Please Please do not get me started on TV Fakers I mean Evangelists...

There are Christians who know that Christ calls us to be Clean and seperate from the world of Evil and there are those who call themselves christians who want the World and a Little God sprinkled on top.

TV is without a doubt the Leading brand of Satan America has ever known.

2005/5/3 14:42Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Daniel[/b]

Bless you for posting this article.. there is much truth contained in it. I really believe there is so much wrong about TV that any right minded Christian would be [i]very[/i] weary of it.

2005/5/3 15:36Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
[b]Daniel[/b]

Bless you for posting this article.. there is much truth contained in it. I really believe there is so much wrong about TV that any right minded Christian would be [i]very[/i] weary of it.

Well, as one that is pro TV "and knows how to change channels" and you said any right minded Christian should be weary of it, would that also apply to the internet? which is not any better or even worse, that any right minded Christian should be weary of it also? if so there aren't any right minded Christians here. :-?

2005/5/4 0:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy