SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven he made up story.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven he made up story.

Alex Malarkey: 'The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven' he made up story.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/65146047/alex-malarkey-the-boy-who-came-back-from-heaven-he-made-up-story

A very interesting article and another important reminder to study and know the Word of God, which alone is infallible

"Please forgive the brevity, but because of my limitations I have to keep this short. … I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

2015/1/17 2:03
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven he made up story.

I was given the following link on Twitter after I made mentioned of this subject.

https://dorightchristians.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/pulpit-pen-use-boy-from-heaven-story-to-deflect-criticism/

2015/1/17 8:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This is the letter the young man wrote:

“An Open Letter to Lifeway and Other Sellers, Buyers, and Marketers of Heaven Tourism, by the Boy Who Did Not Come Back From Heaven.”
Please forgive the brevity, but because of my limitations I have to keep this short.
I did not die. I did not go to Heaven.
I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible.
It is only through repentance of your sins and a belief in Jesus as the Son of God, who died for your sins (even though he committed none of his own) so that you can be forgiven may you learn of Heaven outside of what is written in the Bible…not by reading a work of man. I want the whole world to know that the Bible is sufficient. Those who market these materials must be called to repent and hold the Bible as enough.
In Christ,
Alex Malarkey.”

2015/1/17 12:12Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

My family does not acknowledge these boy in heaven/heaven is for real fairy tales. These things are distractions from the Gospel in church clothes.

2015/1/17 18:10Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

And the crazy thing is that there were a gamut of people trying to defend the boy's story prior to this and call anyone who honestly tried to examine it a "pharisee." I only hope and pray that they will heed his words much moreso now to turn to the Word of God and not subjective experience as they were so eager to heed when the book came out. Man, what amazing grace of our Lord to clear this one up, further demonstrating to us where we are to place our hope and set our hearts and minds on and even to give people a chance to repent and turn back to Him and His Word. Hallelujah!

2015/1/17 21:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy