SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : DEPRESSED

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

DEPRESSED

Pls pray for me, i'm struggling to believe in christ love, not because i don't know it's real but because i've so much abuse his mercies, and every word of love i hear seem to add to my guilt. Today makes it 8days i've been depressed, i believe God has forgiven me, yet i'm troubled because it appears it's now a habit for me to sin and presume on God's mercies. I also fear i'm being set aside and i'm losing hope of being useful to God. Pls pray

2014/12/22 2:41
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: DEPRESSED

Brother,

Flee from whatever sin you are coddling or allowing in your life that is bringing such guilt upon you. Be honest and even confess it to another brother or elder brother in confidence. There is consquence to sins and sin but God can also restore and use you for His kingdom. Please do not give up.

Please read this free pdf ebook:
(Pdf Book) When We have Failed, What Next? by K.P. Yohannan
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=25607

We all have failed. We cringe at the very thought of it. Under the awful sting of regret and disappointment looms the question: What next? We may feel that we have forfeited God's Plan A for our lives and are now stuck with Plan B. We couldn't, however, be further from the truth. In When We Have Failed-What Next?, K.P. Yohannan graciously takes us on a journey toward a bright and hopeful future. He again and again depicts God's unfailing love for us and His marvelous ability to bring out His very best for our lives, especially in the midst of our failure. Look up, for the best is truly yet to come.

2014/12/22 6:35Profile
Sree

Quote:

Today makes it 8days i've been depressed, i believe God has forgiven me, yet i'm troubled because it appears it's now a habit for me to sin and presume on God's mercies. I also fear i'm being set aside and i'm losing hope of being useful to God. Pls pray

It is true that God's spirit will not strive with man all the time. But the proof that God has not given up on you is you have Godly Sorrow that leads to repentance without regret. If Repentance is not there then for sure God has given up. As long as you have heart to repent, God is waiting for you.

Even Depression is a sin. We have command in NT to be anxious for nothing, hence to be depressed for our spiritual condition is also a Sin. If it is Godly Sorrow then it will produce a wonderful repentance that will have hate for the sin.

2014/12/22 7:23Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Isaiah 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, TO GIVE UNTO THEM BEAUTY FOR ASHES, THE OIL OF JOY FOR MOURNING, THE GARMENT OF PRAISE FOR THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Brother,
Put on the garment of praise and worship HIM! It truly is that easy, brother. When you put on the garment of praise, the spirit of heaviness cannot wrap itself around you and if & when you feel it trying to come back on you, rise up and put on the garment of praise and worship Him for all He has done! Trust and OBEY the word, for there’s no other way, to be happy in Jesus except to trust and obey!

I’ll be praying for you obey and put on the garment of praise.

God bless you,
Sister Lisa

2014/12/22 8:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Good counsel from the brethren in this thread. Here is a good message to watch also:

When God Asks Too Much by William Carrol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4HpaQZd-P0

2014/12/22 9:45Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Brother we will pray in agreement with you.

Also, Lee Shipp preached a couple of sermons recently that may be helpful to you, they are titled 'Blessings - Blessed But Depressed' and 'The Blessed Cannot Despair'. A simple Google search should locate them for you.

In Christ,

2014/12/22 10:02Profile

Thoughts

Hello dear brothers and sisters,
Just wanted to put in a few words. I have suffered with depression as most people do at some point in their lives. As a believer I have responded with much of what you all have written above. Sometimes it is related to sin, sometimes to fatigue, sometimes to disappointment or sorrow and our Lord was a man of sorrows acquainted with grief.
We can always fall upon the truth that He is aware of what is going on in our lives and is able to keep us. That seems like a simple answer. But our Lord is able to sustain us in "the best of times and the worst of times", to quote Charles Dickens,a man who also became a believer in Christ.

I believe that Charles Spurgeon and David Brainerd were subject to these bouts of melancholy and yet God used them mightily.

The best solution is to learn as Paul did to know that "none of these things affect me" for even though they are real and painful, they are not "reality" in Christ Jesus our Lord who for the joy set before him endured the cross.

This may take a lifetime to learn or realize but as Art Katz is fond of repeating. Which "reality" do we choose to live in? I don't say it is easy, but with God all things are possible. We overcome by the word of his testimony and the blood of the Lamb.

And I do thank God for this resource,sermonindex.net, to hear men and women of God who have lived in this Reality before us. And to see saints post similar questions and thoughts. What a gift to have this resource,LORD!
Thanks Greg, once again, for keeping it going,by the grace of GOD I know.

Sister Leslie

2014/12/23 15:27
davym

Re: Thoughts

God bless you Leslie. Lovely post.

David

2014/12/24 8:49Profile

Thanks to all who prayed. Thanks for the book Greg. I wasn't able to watch the video. I'm grateful to God for giving me the grace to trust that i can be forgiven. The hymn "Depth of mercy can there be, mercy still reserved for me" has been most comforting. God knows i'm honestly weary of sin in every form, and if he love me this much to endure my insult, i believe he'll wipe away my shame and i shall sin no more. Pray for me, i'm currently suspended from a leadership office i'm holding. Thanks brethren

2014/12/24 9:45
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother,

I can symphatize with you, because I have been there before.

Brother, I would encourage you to prayerfully read Romans 6,7, and 8. In these chapters you will finds everything that you need from the Lord to overcome sin in your life.

Realize that the same devil that tempts you to sin is also the one that condemns you when you do sin.

God loves your brother and He wants to set you free, but it is not in struggling, sriving or even setting your will not to sin that will give you the power to overcome sin.

Realize that the Lord Jesus has already died for your sins and you have died with him. Know that you are dead to sin, because the Word declares it, and then when temptation comes, you stand on what the Lord has already done. You reckon or account yourself as being dead to sin but alive unto Christ.

The good news is that sin shall not have dominion over you.That the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has set you free from the law of sin and death. The Holy Spirit will lead you in the way of freedom as you continue in the Word of God. You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

you don't have to sin, but if you do, go immediately to the throne of grace confessing your sin and receiving the cleansing of the blood of Jesus. Refuse to allow the devil to condemn you. The Holy Spirit will convict you of any sin so that you can confess, repent, and remain in fellowship with God.

Jesus Christ is the only one that can deliver you from this body of death. In our flesh dwells no good thing.

Surrender yourself totally to the Lord and stay watchful.

God has total victory for you brother!!

2014/12/24 11:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy