Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Prophets and Watchmen

Quote:
DEADn wrote:
The Bible isn't totally clear whether there be Prophets in these latter days unless I am missing some references to it.

What? There are 156 references to prophets in the NT alone, with 299 in the OT. And only 28 verses that reference watchman *men. (KJV searches) Paul specifically mentions their office. I have to believe that God will not let an office go unfulfilled.

Quote:
DEADn wrote:
What is the consensus on these 2 offices or operations? I don't know if there are Prophets of God in the Earth today but I do believe there are Watchmen. David Wilkerson was a Watchmen.

I cannot say if a watchman is a prophet but I do believe that a prophet is many things (in the Lord) and being a watchman is definitely one of them. There are prophets on the earth today and in America but we have to realize that a true prophet will never advertise that they are a prophet, "Come and see me and let me prophesy to you." I liken it to fasting; we are not supposed to blab about being on a fast!! :)

“Many are called but few are chosen.” This verse applies to EVERY level “in” God and every calling of God. There are many who are called to a deeper walk but do they make the cut? No, because few are chosen.
Many are called to be teachers but few are chosen.
Many are called to be watchmen but few are chosen.
Many are called to be prophets but few are chosen.
Whatever your calling is, make it sure (be faithful in it and pay the cost).

Quote:
DEADn wrote:
What are your thoughts and you believe Prophets exist can you provide examples of who might be a Prophet? Or even a Watchmen.

I do not watch any preachers or teachers on TV, so I can’t point out anyone there. I believe prophets exist because I have met one or two but it’s sort of like trying to explain to people that God exists; can you prove that He exists? No, because either they want to believe or they don’t.

DEADn, I believe with my whole heart that there are true prophets in the land today but I also believe that the ratio is the same as it was in the days of Elijah.... 400 false prophets to the 1 true one.

God bless,
Lisa

2014/12/22 2:26Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:There are many who are called to a deeper walk but do they make the cut? No, because few are chosen.

How does that play out if your told you are a chosen vessel? As it seems to me that Paul was chosen- before he made "the cut" while he was yet a persecutor of the church?

But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel.

2014/12/22 6:55Profile
Lysa

Re:

Brother,

Your answers are found in Scripture from Paul himself:

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I MYSELF SHOULD BE A CASTAWAY. 1 Cor 9:24-27

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, LET US LAY ASIDE EVERY WEIGHT, AND THE SIN WHICH DOTH SO EASILY BESET US, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us ~ Hebrews 12:1

// Some of us, brother, do not lay aside every weight and sin that so easily besets us and we will finish the race but we will not enter the way we could have at (perhaps) the front or close to the front of the line.

Paul did in lay aside every single weight and sin and it wasn't just his calling that did that for him; plain and simple, it was obedience to Christ that did that for him. Some people rest on their laurels instead of being obedient thinking their chosen to be a prophet or chosen to be an apostle. It takes obedience.

Here is Paul's final testimony:
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 1 Tim 4:6-7

God bless,
Sister Lisa

2014/12/22 9:05Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Some people rest on their laurels instead of being obedient thinking their chosen to be a prophet or chosen to be an apostle.

Lysa - I think you missing the point for example - if God interrupts your life and says to you "I have chosen you to proclaim me to the gentiles"

Who is then responsible to see that word fulfilled - Is it God or is it Paul?

Does Paul have any strength of his own to cast aside sin that so easily besets, does Paul have any strength of his own to run the race, can Paul in his own strength lay aside any weight or sin.. Can he obey in his own strengh.

In Rom 7 we find the answers as Paul true condition is revealed to him by the Spirit of God - He can't obey read his words "For I fail to practice the good deeds I desire to do" - "but the evil deeds that I do not desire to do are what I am doing"

Then the Spirit of God reveals truth to him - Now if I do what I do not desire to do, it is no longer I doing it, but the sin which dwells within me.

Then later on he says "O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am"

So Paul did a fantastic job laying aside every weight and sin while being obedient...

Paul found out that we can't live the Christian life in his own strength - neither can I and neither can you.

The Christian life can only be lived through the Spirit of God - we can only run the race through the Spirit of God, we can only lay aside sin through the Spirit of God, we can only be obedient through the Spirit of God...

So I rest on the Laurels of what God has said - he that started a good work in me will also finish it..

2014/12/22 13:55Profile
Lysa

Re:

Brother murrcolr,

Ah, so we were talking about you. I didn’t mean to step on your toes brother. I say this with all manner of love, if it were as easy as what you are stating, then everyone would be a prophet.

“Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence TO MAKE YOUR CALLING AND ELECTION SURE: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.” 1 Peter 1:10

We are saved and enter the Kingdom by His grace alone, praise His holy name; and we are called to many things but occupying a certain office (i.e. the office of a prophet) does not come by mere grace alone. It comes by sheer work and obedience to Him alone. Kissing this world goodbye.

I have not meant in any way to offend you, if I have please forgive my passion on this subject.

God bless,
Sister Lisa

//edited

2014/12/22 15:45Profile
Lysa

Re: Colin

Brother Colin,

I did not read your posts before I posted my first response, that one was to DEADn’s questions and not to you personally. So, I, in no way meant to discourage you from your calling.

Colin, brother, if you are called to be a prophet in these last days, then praise God!! I am for you and not against you! I’m sorry you took personally what I wrote; it was not to you at all.

Let’s get away from talking about prophets and talk about being called to be an intercessor because I can speak about my own struggles in this area!

Many of God’s people have been called (including me) to be an intercessor to pray for the Church, people, family whoever God leads us to pray for. And to walk in this calling more fully through the years a person needs to begin to set aside time away from the TV, books of the world, and/or the computer (whatever it is that keeps them attached this world) and learn to become a disciplined follower in their own secret prayer closet.

That is what I believe the Scriptures mean by many are called (to be intercessors) but few are actually chosen (to be intercessors) because it is only A PRECIOUS FEW that actually go the extra mile and set aside the things that they love in this world to make room for God and do what they are called to do.

Have you read the book, “Escape from Christendom”? In the book, many stop off in Christian City and go no further. These people were called but stopped for one reason or another, it is the precious few who decide to go all the way. Here is the link:

http://www.awildernessvoice.com/Escape.html

Brother Colin, let me encourage you in your calling, first as an intercessor because that’s where I think a prophet’s ministry would start. Set aside time every day to spend “alone” with Him in His presence. Learn to hear His voice; it’s not always about talking “to” Him but learning to listen to Him as well. Keep a journal of the things He tells you and shows you through the years – only for you, not to be a show and tell book for all your friends. Because when your friends learn that God speaks to you, you suddenly find you have fewer friends. :)

God bless you in your walk with Him,
Sister Lisa

2014/12/23 5:11Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Lysa - I am not offended in the slightest.

Quote: We are saved and enter the Kingdom by His grace alone, praise His holy name; and we are called to many things but occupying a certain office (i.e. the office of a prophet) does not come by mere grace alone. It comes by sheer work and obedience to Him alone.

I must disagree that it comes "by sheer work and obedience". For me I see it more about God getting you to a place of surrender. Where you your will and God's will become united.. That for me that is the ultimate expression of union with God and is the example that Christ gave us when he was in the world. It is the the expression of Sonship in the Kingdom of God that we should be about the Fathers business.

Although I haven't read the book I could guess that many stay at the Christian City because there they can do there own will - but to be free from the Christian City I would rather wait for the Spirit of God to free me from myself...

I sometimes think about Duncan Campbell lying on that battlefield of World war 1 - bleeding out which would eventually lead to his death, pained that he felt so unclean and Unholy and facing death - I can only imagine how he just surrendered there and yielded himself to God. How God heard that sweet cry of surrender and rescued him made him Holy and Pure..

I will read the book you recommend

Quote: Let’s get away from talking about prophets and talk about being called to be an intercessor because I can speak about my own struggles in this area!

I would love to as that is direction I am being led.. it is a part of that calling...

2014/12/23 6:44Profile
Lysa

Re: colin

Here is a great book by Derek Prince

Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting
http://servantofmessiah.org/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2012/12/Shaping-History-Through-Prayer-and-Fasting-Derek-Prince.pdf

It will totally help you in walk with Him!!

I think I'll start a new thread with info about prayer and fasting so I don't overtake DEADn's prophet thread (sorry DEADn!! :) )

God bless,
Sister Lisa

2014/12/26 5:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy