SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts :  . . .THE ENEMY OF MY SOUL. . .

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

. . .THE ENEMY OF MY SOUL. . .

There exists an enemy, strong and wise; Worse still, cruel and deadly. Amongst mortal, he has no match. My soul he seeks and desires to undo: He lurks at all corners, desiring to tear Down my soul. His plot is to reduce my consecration in Christ. He longs to water me down.

Ready is he to make grace and anointing Dissipate from my life by breeding Pride in me; knowing that God sets Himself against the proud and scornful: But gives His grace to the Humble. Lucifer, the dragon, Satan and the Prince of the Power of the air: this Is how he is called "...he works in the children Of disobedience!" At times, he comes like an angel of Light in order to deceive angels.

Still, he comes amongst men like A saint so as to lure them from God. Ah! Lord grant me help to see his Shifts and moves at all times.  Lord, the Enemy of my soul has desire to sift me Like wheat; Master, please pray for me! His intention is to leave me Without substance, shallow and Hollow: Emptied of divine life.

Lord, this enemy of all that calls on Your name, plans to shift my attention From that which is within to that which is without: from things eternal to things temporal.After the praise of Man he desires me to run. He finished Samson through Delila. His eyes were plucked out to the Intent that he should not see the Christ! He became an object of spot: Entertaining the uncircumcised Philistines.

Judas was hung by this enemy of my soul. Never a man, a thing, so cruel, crafty and cunning as this enemy of my soul! Lord, beyond my nose I cannot see! Foolish and unwise and unsuspecting am I, therefore, give me light daily to see this enemy. His onset, allow me to know. Keep me watching, vigilant Sober and well-balanced all the time! Don't allow me to seek repose, Yea, make me cast my dreams of Ease away; knowing that I am in The midst of foes; watching and praying!

"Christian, seek yet not repose Cast your dreams of ease away; For thou art in the midst of foes: Watch and Pray! Principality and Power Mustering their unseen array, Waiting for your unguarded hour: Watch and Pray! Rock of ages, let me hide myself in You!    
OJOJE DANIEL ADEYI
(UNICAL. JULY 2004)         

2014/12/8 16:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy