SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When Christ returns in Glory he will maintain his humanity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

When Christ returns in Glory he will maintain his humanity

Today I heard a preacher talking about advent and he said in passing that Christ will return as God but will not longer have human flesh but will be solely divine. After the sermon I confronted him and asked him how this can be when the bible says in

Luke 21:27 (KJV)

And then shall they see the SON OF MAN coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Zec12: 10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

I asked him, How can Christ be solely God and no longer human have pierced hands and feet?

He answered vaguely that at Christ's return he will only only resemble some human traits but will in essence no longer be human but only divine.

When I asked him at what point he thinks Christ would have ceased to be human, he could not give a proper answer.

I answered that after Jesus was resurrected he gave evidence that he still had human flesh by showing his wounds. He had shed all his blood at the cross, but he had overcome death and had the same resurrection body as we will have after the resurrection of the dead.

When he ascended and returned to the father, he still maintained his human resurrection body when he was again bestowed the glory he had before with the father.

It says in Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the SON of GOD, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

This gives evidence that Christ as high priest maintained his humanity and as SON of GOD his deity when he returned to heaven, because a high priest ministers from man to God.

In Hebrews 10 we see evidence of his humanity in heavenly glory:
12 But this MAN, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

I see the issue of Jesus keeping his human body forever as fundamentally important. It is not enough to believe that Jesus WAS the Son of man, but that he continues forever to be the son of man.

One day we will share the glory of Christ in our human resurrection bodies:
John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

The bible says in John 4:1-4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

This was an eye-opener for me how the devil tries to infiltrate the church.

2014/12/7 16:28Profile
budgie

Re: When Christ returns in Glory he will maintain his humanity

Well put narrow path
It is important to remain scriptural
Especially as we draw closer to the return of Jesus and god the father

2014/12/7 18:31Profile
Sree

Re: When Christ returns in Glory he will maintain his humanity

It is very important to believe that Jesus still remains as Man and God combination even in Heaven like how he came to earth. He will return the same way as well. He will remain the same way for eternity. It is this human nature of Jesus that makes him the mediator of better covenant. It is this that makes the throne of mercy. Neglecting this part will appear that God will not come with this mercy on the judgment seat.

2014/12/7 21:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy