SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : History Repeats Itself

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

History Repeats Itself

Luk 17:26-30 And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Looking at these verses it seems that you can make the assumption that history repeats itself. Here is a thought the Lord gave me: There was one time in which men actually thought that everything revolved around the earth, even the sun. They thought that the center of the universe was planet earth. History has repeated itself. Men still think that everything revolves around them. They have even thought that the Son revolves around them. This is not true. The universe revolves around the Son. Just as our lives should.

I thank God for His wisdom. Trust me its not mine.

Eph 1:17-19 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

This is my prayer for myself and all of Gods children: that we would become intimate with God and grow in the knowledge and grace of our Lord.

2005/4/25 19:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy