SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Being betrayed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Being betrayed

So, I've been praying more and more to act and be God's love in the world.

I find it a very difficult task. The call of the gospel wasn't spoken of as an 'easy task' but it would be light.

Light in the regards that I don't need to protect my possessions, that God would protect them.

Light in the regards that I don't need to have all the answers but instead just seek my Good Heavenly Father and He will meet them all.

To be clear, I think focusing on love and how to be love is our commandment from Jesus. Anything less than this, isn't what Jesus taught the disciples nor what He is teaching the church today.

We can have all the right answers and not love, guess what? We are naked and hungry according to God.

So, I feel I've reached an impasse with this journey. An impasse that I want to be like Nehemiah, remove the wicked but build the righteous. To be like Jesus, demonstrate His kingdom but defend it from wolves.

Yet, something within me is struggling. Struggling to be like Jesus to Judas. How? How?

There is this holy call. To be different than the world. To fight the good fight of faith. But when someone SO close to you, betrays you, what then? How shall I demonstrate His love in the world?

I know I'm not alone in this struggle. Every day new denominations form because of an offense. Where one side feels 'betrayed' and the other goes off and does there own thing.

I think sacrificial love, is a gift from God. Sure, others may say we must 'rebuke' those within our courts. But Jesus said to Judas, "Go, do what you must."

How can I be like this? To love my enemy. To love my close friends and family that then betrays me? That daggers me in the deepest place?

I'm not seeking answers. I'm seeking God. I don't need theology, I need a new heart.

Anyone else on this journey?

2014/11/29 15:33

Re: Being betrayed

Look at what God has ALREADY done for you and in you!
You Got HIS LOVE AND HIS HEART NOW!!!

Ezek. 36:25-27, "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean, I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from your idols. Moreover I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you, and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you will be careful to observe my ordinances."

Deut. 30:6, "And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou may live."

2014/11/29 18:53

Re:

I disagree that 'He has already done this now'.

The NT scriptures talk about 'growing in grace' and 'growing in love'.

2014/11/29 23:15
KPYee

Pray always to Him to bless you with compassion for those who wronged you: graciousness to enable you to be kind and loving to them :meekness to take the pains inflicted and wisdom to guide you in your relation to them

Ask and ask and ask for these graces until He grants them to you. And soon you will thank Him for those people who hurt you. Those pains are necessary for you to grow closer to Him . To be become more like Him . To be transformed internally in order to be conformed to His image. All of us need to go through pains of this sort.

His grace be with you

2014/11/30 1:45Profile

Re: The Good News is what God has already done in Christ concerning you.

The Good News is what God has already done in Christ concerning you.

Yes we all need to grow in grace but you need to believe what God said He has already accomplished.

You NOW have His Love and a New heart. Embrace that and experience it daily and you will grow in grace.

2014/11/30 5:57
yuehan

Hi LoveMeekHope,

I'm not sure what your specific circumstances are, but I can identify with some of what you wrote.

If you're struggling with forgiveness, I wrote a piece a while back on how God taught me to forgive through a painful experience. If you're interested in reading the essay, leave me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

As for loving your enemies - well, I've had some frustrating experiences... but when I ask God to supply His love to me for others, He always does.

2014/11/30 8:59Profile

Re:

I'm not a fan of when someone who tries to tell my my experience. "You are...blah blah" Sorry bro but again. I respectfully disagree. That may be your experience but it's not mine.

"I'm not sure what your specific circumstances are, but I can identify with some of what you wrote."

Well, I have no 'specific circumstance'. But when I read the Gospel I feel shaken a little. "What would I do if Judas were in my life? Would I act like Jesus? I doubt it." Also, I watched a movie on St. Francis of Assisi. Where some in his inner circle changed his ways and Francis felt betrayed. I was like, 'Man, if he acted that way. That's impressive. I couldn't. I wouldn't.'

I feel that this area of love. Loving even when greatly and deeply wronged, is an area that God is focusing on in my walk with Him.

2014/11/30 12:42
Theophila

Dear LoveMeekHope,
I'm sorry to hear you are passing through these 'deep waters'. I have since learned to first give the hurt to the Lord Jesus. I tell Him just as I feel it, no scripturalizing [is that a proper word?] it. He won't be scandalized by what you say. Then, I ask Him to help me forgive my debtors. Its not easy, as my flesh has zero desire to forgive them. Then I ask Him to cleanse my heart of all bitterness and resentment in the matter.

As for how to love our enemies, you'll also ask the Lord to grant you wisdom. The best way to pursue peace with some folks is to love them from a distance. Some others He'll grant you grace to bear with them. Only He can tell you which is which.

May the Lord Jesus help all His sheep. Amen

2014/11/30 14:00Profile

Re:

Thank you for your insight Tolu. I appreciate it. It's helpful!!

2014/11/30 14:36
Theophila

Re:

Dear LoveMeekHope,

Just checking on you about your journey in the OP.
Do you think you are making progress, however little?

Peace be unto you...

2015/1/9 18:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy