SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Hal Lindsey's on wife #4

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Hal Lindsey's on wife #4

Hal Lindsey is currently married to his fourth wife, having divorced his previous three. On the back cover of the sixth printing of his 1974 book, There's a New World Coming, is a picture of Lindsey with his second wife, Jan. (Jan is the mother of Hal's three grown daughters.) He also dedicates the book to "my best pal, my wife Jan ..." However, "best pal" Jan is gone from the back cover of the book's 1984 "updated" edition, as is the dedication to her. A later Lindsey' book, Planet Earth--2000 A.D. (18 million in circulation as of 1/95), carries a picture of Hal and his third wife, Kim, who is approximately 25 years his junior. (Kim is the sister of author Johanna Michaelsen, and the sister-in-law of Tetelestai Center's Associate Pastor, Randy Michaelsen.) After dumping Kim, Hal is now married to wife #4, JoLyn, a member of Tetelestai and in a Bible class taught by Lindsey when she was evidently "discovered" by Hal.

His personal life and details about his marriages are all kept hidden behind the curtain, except for the names of his wives, which can be gauged from his book cover. He is now in the course of his fourth marriage with Jolyn Lindsey. The reason for the separation, the separation settlement, the custody of the kids and the relationship between him and his wives after separation are unknown. Even the year of marriages and the time of separation are not indicated. One can only assume the time based on the book covers of his recent works.

He never spoke about his separation or marital life in his books too. His book cover usually will have his current partner’s picture and a phrase that dedicates the book to her. Though his prediction, his lifestyle and also his preaching method are criticized by many, he has a lot of fans around the world who never see his three failed marital life or his failed predictions as a problem. His followers consider that the separation is not a very big sin and God would forgive men for it. However, his critics lament that he has no value for the sanctity of the marital life and there are also comments that he would soon be separated from Jolyn, for another woman.

Usually, the personal life of the personalities who meant to keep it private is usually filled with rumors and fake stories but there are no reports of such rumors or stories that revolve around Hal. His fans are his net worth is about 42 million dollars. There are no reports about the amount of alimony he owes to his three wives and the separation settlement.

2014/11/23 5:29Profile
staff

Re: Hal Lindsey's on wife #4

Hi
i hope this isnt another pre trib rant!,
Yours staff

2014/11/23 6:28Profile
savannah

Re: Hagee on #2

“Christians don’t steal or lie, they don’t get divorced or have abortions.” – John Hagee

John Hagee had an adulterous affair and divorced his wife to unbiblically remarry a much younger woman from his own former congregation.

John Hagee has a $2.1 million dollar 7,969 acre ranch with not one, but FIVE lodges, a managers house, a gun locker, a smoke house, a skeet range and three barns. They also have a 5,275 foot, 6 bedroom mansion in one of San Antonio’s most exclusive gated communities (The Dominion).

John Hagee was the leader of the charismatic Trinity Church in 1975 and was the father of two children. John Hagee had an adulterous affair with a woman and admitted to immorality in front of his church. Pastor John Hagee then divorced the mother of his two children and married a younger woman (Diana Castro, now Diana Hagee) from that same congregation. Pastor John Hagee willfully abused his position of trust and power to take advantage of a younger gullible woman and cheat on his wife.

Did he repent and pursue living a life based on Biblical principles?

John Hagee married the woman he cheated on his wife with and immediately became the pastor of another congregation- the Cornerstone Church in San Antonio Texas.

John Hagee has his congregation members raise their money towards the sky and repeat after him “Give and it shall be given.” He then instructs his audience that “When you give, it qualifies you to receive God’s abundance. If God gives to you before you give to him, God himself will becom a liar… If you’re not prospering it’s because you’re not GIVING!”

2014/11/23 7:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Lord, have mercy!

It can only happen when so-called Christians tolerate it. And they do - they will even finance it! Can I say it? Ok, I will: STUPID.

Seems to me the popular church is more wicked then the world because while they profess to follow God they also follow the devil. Worldlings do not profess to follow God.

2014/11/23 9:10Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mr. Bill looked at a woman in Kroger's this morning with lust in his heart, God forgive me! I'm a sinner, put me in the corner with Hal and Hagee.

2014/11/23 10:12Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Yes Sandra, your comments are right.

They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
(Titus 1:16)

Staff, I don't think this is about a particular doctrinal position. False teachers can hold to a form of truth, but their lives reveal them to be false and probably only in it for filthy lucre (considering how much he is reportedly worth). He is making a fortune from selling books that appeal to the sensational appetite.

2014/11/23 10:15Profile

Re:

This is a mystery to me. God's boundless forgiveness.

'Love covers a multitude of sins'.

I think most of us have a problem with sins, yet in God's goodness He covers us.

Hagee/Lindsey and numerous others are showing a bad example to the world but does this mean they are wolves in sheep clothing? No, by any means. Or not saved? Again, I say no.

If you believe this, what will you do if you see these men in heaven? Hopefully rejoice and not be like Pharisees.

As Paul says, let's take heed, lest we fall. Instead of pointing fingers, let's find the greed and unfaithfulness in our own hearts and give these areas to God. Let US be the model of our faith, instead of criticizing others.

2014/11/23 14:54
staff

Re:

Hi Heydave,
I think reading the original post it is,Maybe Savannah can put it straight
Yours Staff

2014/11/23 15:26Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This is an issue that is deeper then simple lust, if you want to call it that. This is an issue of people working to deceive, who are using the spectacular to rope in people.It is a plan, premeditated act - not something that happened in a moment of weakness - opps! I sinned.

I am utterly shocked to read that Johanna Michaelsen was Hal Lindsey's sister-in-law. She wrote the book, "The Beautiful Side of Evil". Ever read it? I did. She writes how demon possessed folks can perform miracles. Lindsey authored the book, "Satan is Alive and Well on Planet Earth", similar to Johanna's book, if I recall. And all the while he was an adulterer...

No sir, brethren...if a skilled writer proclaims to be speaking for God but is living a carnal, unrepentant life of immorality, I will not give him the time of day. Scripture plainly tells us we should have no fellowship with people who claim to be Believers but are living in open sin:

I Cor.5:9:NASB

9 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people;

10 I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world.

11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?

13 But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

(Since I learned Lindsey was living in open sin I trashed all his books.)

EDIT: I should add that because Lindsey and Johanna were connected by marriage does not automatically make Johanna bad...I suspect many of us have prodigals hanging from our family tree that vex us. But if I read correctly it appears they were collaborators.

2014/11/23 17:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Are we not all literally living in sin, no matter who we are or what we’re doing? (Romans 3:23) James 2:10 (my translation) says:

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God"

“If you’ve committed one sin, it’s like you’ve committed them all.”

I think a lot of people and pastors fail, is because the days of accountability are gone. The folks that don't have someone to be accountable to, will all fail eventually.

When we set in the Churches clapping at everything a pastor says, rather it's truth or not, it's gives them an open door to the next level of lies.

Because "WE" as the church don't go find the Pastor after church and say, pastor you said something that I believe is not truth, can you please provide me some scripture to go home and study on what you said. I understand pride has entered the church, and I believe it's here to stay, and "WE" as the church are somewhat responsible.

When we fail to set boundaries and hold people accountable, we feel used and mistreated. This is why we sometimes attack who they are, which is far more hurtful than addressing a behavior or a choice.

2014/11/23 18:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy