SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Healing and the lack thereof

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Healing and the lack thereof

Quote:
Mark 2:2-5
2 And many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them. 3 And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. 4 And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him, and when they had made an opening, they let down the bed on which the paralytic lay. 5 And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

Verse 5 is the important verse that I think proves that healing and the lack thereof is just not the sick Christians fault.

When Jesus saw THEIR faith... The friends had to have enough faith to take him to Jesus & see that there was no room to get their friend in, then to climb up on the roof, then to dig the roof up and finally to lower him down in to Jesus!!

My pastor/mentor always said, "It's easier to get six men to carry you to the grave than get six to pray for you."

When we find six who will stay by the stuff and pray, healings will happen! IMHO

God bless,
Lisa

2014/11/22 13:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

the reality of psychosomatic and psychophysiologic disease,

May I suggest that our emotions can be the cause of more illnesses then we want to admit. If we have deep abiding anger, e.g., within it will weaken our immune system where it can no longer fight the disorders that lurk therein. Some will argue that mental stress will cause an imbalance in the body's defense system rendering it incapable of maintaining proper health.

I suspect that if a person addresses the abiding sin within it will result in a healthier body. It is noteworthy, I think, that whenever Jesus healed he would address the sin problem. Too many moderns want to be healed but still hang onto their favorite sin because of the pleasure derived from it.

A testimony: I used to have severe sinus and breathing problems. I would get spells where I could not get my breath - I about suffocated. No fun, not at all. Miserable. Then I learned that I was not casting ALL my cares upon Him..Oh. oh...I learned to do it and these problems became history. No spectacular healing but they just were no longer an issue I had to deal with. Later I had bursitis in my shoulder. Same song, second verse. Surrendering your cares to the One true God can and will go a long way in maintaining health.

My understanding and experience.

Sandra

2014/11/22 18:38Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Healing and the lack of it

I used to pray about this for years and years. Wondered about it as written in the NT.

God heals today. We don't see the results the way we want; instant and quick. All believers have been healed of unbelief. That's quite a miracle. The Holy Spirit spoke to me recently as I was heading to assembly and calling me by name, He said that he could make all things new again, but it would just go back to the way it is today. I think we all have a problem with suffering or escapism. We want to be raptured. We want instant gratification. That's how the world functions. God supplies what you need, not what we want. We all lack patience

2014/11/22 20:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I agree, Roger. We all hanker to be delivered from this sin-ridden world because its consequences are painful. And that is the way it should be.

John, have you read this thread? It may help you with your question.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42606&forum=35&6

2014/11/23 9:04Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Healing

Good link and article. I've seen healing. It's when there is much prayer and dependence on God and not our bank account. We always have a back up plan like the Israelites, i.e If God doesn't come through, we'll try Baal.

Jesus healed many helpless people. Not people with headaches. They were set free. Being set free to them was quite a miracle and brought praise to the Lord.

2014/11/23 10:07Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I believe that physical healing is part of the atoning work of Christ. There is just too much scripture that says this, and in very plain language. For example, Isaiah says prophetically of the atonement in Isa 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted." Matthew offers commentary and interpretation on this when he says: Mat 8:17 "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses." Jesus said that He only did what the Father told Him to do and that He did the will of the Father. Jesus never declined to heal saying, "I will not heal because it is the Father's will that I do not heal." However, there were several times when people were not healed and once when Jesus Himself was hindered because of the unbelief of people. So, I am firmly convinced that it is God's will to heal physically and that it is not God's will that His children, believers, be sick.

But we cannot overbalance this truth to the exclusion of other truths that we know. Our salvation is not yet complete. We are born again in spirit, but we still live in a body corrupted by the effects of sin. Barring the return of Christ, I will one day die as will everyone that lives. Sickness is usually part of that death process in one form or another. God's perfect will in this area is not automatic anymore than God's perfect will that no one perish but that all come to repentance is automatic. Just as people will not be born again, people will be sick. And it does not shake my faith nor does it condemn me for a lack of faith if I do experience sickness. I will continue to believe God and stand in faith for healing regardless. I know my faith is not perfected, nor will it ever be. Condemnation for this fact is like condemning a child for not being an adult yet. Silly really! But my faith in this area grows as I renew my mind and draw closer and closer to the Lord.

2014/11/27 11:43Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I remember one time I was on a break at work sitting in my car and got a severe pain in my stomach to the point that I couldn't go back to work in that condition. At first I simply prayed for healing appealing to God's mercy. After a while of noticing no relief, with my hands on my stomach I prayed something like this and meant it, "Lord, I know I deserve much worse than this pain; I know I deserve to be burning in hell right now for all my sins against You, but I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins through the cross, and I worship and praise You in the midst of this pain whether you heal me or not. You are still worthy." Right after praying that the pain left. I don't share that to recommend that kind of prayer as some kind of guaranteed formula but just to point out that it goes against much of the teaching on praying for healing heard taught today.

2014/11/27 12:42Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Being bold with a Loving Father

I love that story, Oracio!

My mother in her later years was in quite good health, but she told me that she went forward for healing every time she was in some service where that invitation was given. She said that most often she would leave the meeting feeling better, as if little by little she received measures of healing. She never expected to feel like she was 20 in a 90 year old body, but was able to function with considerable dexterity, clarity in her mind, a smile on her face, and all without pain. Her gratitude overflowed, and she told her story to any who wished to hear it.

One Sunday she was walking toward the car from the restaurant where she and Dad had eaten after church. Someone called to her, she turned around and lost her balance, fell backward and smashed her head on the parking lot. She never woke up and died the following Wednesday from massive brain damage and bleeding- but she enjoyed her health to the last minute. She was 95.

There were hundreds who came to her funeral service, most were young. She was a friend of God, knew Him well, and passed what she had to a lot of people along the way.

I believe healing is in the atonement because I watched it in action.

2014/11/27 13:33Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Encouraging story Tom!

While we're at it I'd like to share another testimony. For years I suffered from severe sinus congestion and constant sneezing especially during allergy season. I'd spend about 30 bucks a month on Claritin-D pills, which the Lord did use to help clear up the congestion and restrain the sneezing. As I'm sure by now at least some here are aware, I don't believe in guaranteed healing this side of heaven based on the atonement. So when praying for healing for my sinuses I would often include in my prayer, "If it be Your will." After years of not getting healed I sort of left it in the Lord's hand. Then I started noticing that I did not need the Claritin-Ds anymore and stopped buying them because my sinuses were cleared up without them. It's been about three years since I last bought a pack of those pills and my sinuses have been cleared and the constant sneezing has stopped. To God be the glory!

Right now I have a pretty bad case of scoliosis in my spine for which I've been praying for ages it seems for healing. Thankfully I'm able to lift heavy packages at work using a strong back brace that does a good job of supporting my spine.

2014/11/27 14:14Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I just came across this and found it peculiar. It has a link to click on for a free book to read about why some are healed and others are not. I plan to read this and see what he has to say.

Anyone heard of this before?

http://www.hopefaithprayer.com/the-real-faith-charles-s-price/

2014/12/12 13:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy